Children being nasty to parents

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 04:15 pm
@Linkat,
I've had that too, Linkat! My daughter was allowed to see the Exorcist
when she was at one of her friend's at a sleep over. The girl's father and his girlfriend didn't think the movie was that bad.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 04:24 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
I once got into trouble, because I let my then 11 year old and her girlfriend
watch a PG-13 movie. It was nothing, really, but the girl's mother was not pleased

At that age I always told my kids friends that if their parents might have a problem with what they were watching/doing that they needed to call their parents for permission. 9 and younger I would take it upon myself to call.

My house has always been the one where the kids hang out, because they all have fun, I dont micro manage them. Was only a problem a couple of times. I am sure that some kids were not allowed to come over because of how I operate, but I am not crazy about my kids hanging out with uptight people so it was all good.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 04:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well yes, I should have called, but my philosophy is always: kissing and some nudity - yes; violence - definitely not!
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 04:40 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
but my philosophy is always: kissing and some nudity - yes; violence - definitely not!

mine as well, but a 11 year old in my house is largely responsible for themselves. I had a few times where kids did stuff at my house that the parents got pissed about, I told the parents that I told their kid to call them. That their kid did not was a problem that I refused to take responsibility for.

Safety issues are different, so is my demand that I know the truth about what they are doing. Do something not safe or lie to me then they were in trouble with me.

I treat my kids friends as I treat my own kids for the most part.
0 Replies