Was Hitler good for the World in any way?

gungasnake

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 10:52 am
@Craven de Kere,
There was the example of getting rid of the British/International monetary/banking system in Germany, one of the Nazis' first moves upon taking over and the only thing they ever did totally right.

Likewise, the biggest political issue facing America today is called Glass/Steagal, and most Americans have never heard of it.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 11:09 am
@gungasnake,
When it started in 1936, it was called "Entjudung" (dejudaization).
(In 1938 changing the complete "banking system" [Central Reichsbank etc] was done by law Reichsgesetzblatt [1938] 1, pp. 1733. 1851).
gungasnake

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 05:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mefo_bills
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 05:32 pm
Allow me to repeat something I wrote many years ago in this thread:

When he committed suicide...

...Hitler personally killed the rottenest son-of-a-bitch that ever walked on planet Earth.

Hey, ya gotta give credit where credit is due.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 05:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
All time rottenist SOB??

More than one candidate for that title...

Tamerlane
Edward III
Rachel Carson (Simple 'B' rather than 'SOB'...)
Gustavus Adolphus
Hitler
Stalin
Inalchik
Chuck Darwin
Thomas Malthus

others...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 12:02 am
@gungasnake,
This was just done to finance the Reichswehr "secretly".
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:25 am
@gungasnake,
Darwin, Malthus and Carson? Have you been skipping your pills?
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 11:31 am
@JLNobody,
Yeh, gungas got a brain rot.

Id remove the above and add
Hideki Tojo
Yuko Tojo
Constantine
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 01:54 pm
@farmerman,
If Hitler didn't exist then none of those Cats that look like Hitler websites would exist. They've rescued those cats from relative obscurity and plunged the into the limelight. Could you tell a cat that he no longer had 200,000 friends on Facebook, because I know I couldn't?
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 02:26 pm
@izzythepush,
how many of those cats are just paint jobs?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 02:28 pm
Gunga Dim always glaringly displays a spotty and shallow knowledge of history. He is the incarnation of the proverb that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 02:31 pm
@Setanta,
Kittler is watching you for demeaning gunga.
   http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/OXH3s7gZPGl5fRaj6wUkAQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/news/2013-11-25/1baeb8e2-318a-447a-99d2-12c242aa4439_cats-house-look-like-hitler.jpg                                 I guess the house looks like Hitler too.
Germlat

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 02:47 pm
@Craven de Kere,
Did Hitler leave a positive legacy? No...he left fear and doubt concerning human compassion, and human exercise in beliefs of moral relativity. Others did equally horrendous crimes against humanity at other times in history. Question depends on who answers it. Is it possible it could happen again ....yep.
JLNobody

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 03:09 pm
@Germlat,
I don't want to be a party pooper, but seriously: I accept moral relativity (even though I treat MY moral precepts as if they were absolutes) because I see them as a subset of the irresistably acceptable cultural relativity. There IS an absolute dimensison however in the sense that some moral norms are found universally, or virtually universally. But, of course, we should not equate universal with absolute, the former is incidental while the latter is metaphysical. In MY thinking, for what it may be worth to others, is the absolute value of compassion. While norms (as cultural events) may vary from society to society, compassion is fundamental to the ethical intentions underlying ethical behavior.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 03:13 pm
@farmerman,
And houses, yeah, I forgot about houses.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 03:14 pm
@JLNobody,
Oddly enough, it seems as though elements such as compassion, are administered in a more just manner to those who most resemble us most. History tells this story over and over again. Humans are most sympathetic and empathetic of those who are closest to them...beginning with family and moving outwards from it.
0 Replies

void123

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 05:29 pm
@Craven de Kere,
ns members would say yes jews would say no. subjective
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 05:43 pm
Any member of the NSDAP who would have claimed, after 1945, that Hitler was good for the world would have been a blithering idiot. Hitler's policies assured the defeat of the German military, and the near total destruction of Germany. That's not subjective, that's objective.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 08:43 pm
@JLNobody,
I'm not so sure you know what you're saying. Compassion could mean having to kill somebody you love so they don't suffer.
0 Replies

void123

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:28 pm
@Setanta,
ns members still claim hitler was good even though he failed