does this make sense at all , plz be honest?

anny89

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 01:19 pm
Am a 20 yr old girl and my gf is 42 ,i posted a question earlier explaining how my gf hit me after verbally insulting her mom and getting in a fight w/ her afterward, and i said that am willing to call it a one time incident if she promises me not to lay a hand on me again. However she talked to me today and didnt really apologize or promise nething,on the contrary she told me how my behavior embarrassed her and how i was being insensitive not caring bout her image in front of her old parents 60+, and just when i told her that she physically abused me .she told me that what goes up must come down ! and that i verbally abused her "defenseless" mom so i got what i was asking for :S. and that if i act like a brat i get treated like one, i told her how i cant tolerate physical abuse and she told me to "get over it , its not like i slapped your face or broke your nose". she is acting like am making a big deal of it and that i should be sorry for what i did , and so i honestly didn't feel like she understands just how much what she did was wrong she doesn't even consider it abuse she told me that she would never abuse me and that what happend was not abuse . my question is ; do u by any chance get her point n think shez right ? and also same old question how on earth am i to make her promise me not to do that again and understand that it is abuse .?
thnx . plz no kinky responses , this is serious.
for those who want to understand more about what happened before here is my old post:
http://able2know.org/topic/141991-1#post-3911938
thnx again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,041 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 01:22 pm
@anny89,
Seeing as you are young enough to be her child, why are you surprised when she treats you like a child?

You cannot guarantee that she won't do something like that in the future - nobody can guarantee such things. If you don't want to break up with her, fine; but don't expect her to act differently in a similar situation, because she probably won't.

You probably are going to want to avoid verbally insulting people's 60 year-old mothers in the future.

Cycloptichorn
Green Witch

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 01:23 pm
@anny89,
Once they start hitting they never stop. Leave. It will only get worse.

Please use proper grammar, or as close as you can get. Shorter sentences would be a good start. Think Hemingway.
0 Replies

anny89

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 01:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
thnx for responding ,
am surprised cuz am not her child am her partner we are both grown women n an adult relationship.
"You probably are going to want to avoid verbally insulting people's 60 year-old mothers in the future"
lol, i dont usually insult the elders its just that she was ticking me off so i snapped.
thnxx for ur reply again ^-^
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 01:35 pm
@anny89,
anny89 wrote:

thnx for responding ,
am surprised cuz am not her child am her partner we are both grown women n an adult relationship.
"You probably are going to want to avoid verbally insulting people's 60 year-old mothers in the future"
lol, i dont usually insult the elders its just that she was ticking me off so i snapped.
thnxx for ur reply again ^-^

No problem.

My point is, that at age 20, while you technically are considered to be a 'grown woman,' the truth is that this is very young in terms of adult relationships. I didn't have **** figured out by the age of 20 and nobody else I know did either. There is undoubtedly quite a disparity in your relationship based on this age factor; lord knows I've seen the same thing before with older men and younger ladies, and your situation sounds similar.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 01:49 pm
@anny89,
Let's cut to the heart of the matter:
- You argued.
- She resorted to violence to "resolve" the issue.
- You informed her that you cannot tolerate that.
- She said she was in the right and for you to get over it.

You need to leave. No discussions, no ultimatums, just time to find a new place to hang your bag. If you stay, you implicitly accept her position. Next time it will be for complaining about her dog, or her money management skills or the way she flirts with other women. If you cannot resolve issues, even issues where you are at fault, without a beat down, you are not a healthy couple. Heck, everyone complains about in-laws on occassion.
0 Replies