Marijuana: Does it kill brain cells or does it affect only the lungs?

BillRM

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 02:05 pm
@RadAndRandom,
Quote:
Isn't it possible that we just do not know of the ill effects another person is experiencing? We cannot dissect the live body and look into it, and therefore, we do not know if something functions differently. It may not be lifethreatening, but it may be slightly bothersome because it isn't the way it is supposed to work. For instance, they may sometimes experience some stomache discomfort after eating one too many bud brownies (and it may be a persistent discomfort even after the marijuana is gone from their system), but they either block out this by drugging themselves out some more, or they do not really pay attention to the different way their body functions.

Sorry but that kind of thinking is worthless as you could used it for anything you do not care for not just marijuana smoking.

Coffee drinking, diet coke drinking, tap water drinking heavy exercise or no exercise or................
BillRM

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 02:12 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Of course they were forcing mice to smoke 100 joints a day which would work out to about 15,000 joints for a normal human. I think it was probably the lack of oxygen rather then the marijuana itself that was killing the brain cells of those poor, but very high, mice.

That amount of water overdose would kill you let alone kill brain cells.
parados

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 03:51 pm
@BillRM,
A survey of 5,000 people convicted of speeding found that almost 98% of them had driver's licenses at the time. Of the 2% that didn't have licenses, over 60% had previously had a license which was suspended or revoked.

That means the correlation of driver's license and speeding is at a much higher rate than marijuana and harder drugs. Certainly this must lead Ionus to the logical conclusion that driver's licenses CAUSE speeding. And the next step would be if only we stopped giving out licenses the incidence of speeding would be reduced.
DrewDad

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 03:55 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
You can't work backward from people who are already addicted.
That is the only option if you want to find the cause of the addiction. It does no good to study people who arent addicted. We are not allowed to addict people. How would you suggest it be done ?

There are a number of approaches, but a longitudinal study is what springs to mind.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:03 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
It is always associated with peer groups. No-one thinks, I am alone, I will try some maryJ for the first time.

In fact, that's exactly what my brother did. He tried it in private before he ever smoked it with his friends.

Your approach of using "always" and "no-one" makes it really hard to take you seriously. If you really knew what you were talking about, I doubt you'd be stating things in such absolutes.
DrewDad

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:09 pm
@parados,
They did another survey and found that correlation really does imply causation....
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:13 pm
@DrewDad,
I try it to get lay so that is a form of peer pressure I would assume<grin>.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:33 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
So a pot head by your statement had done better in life then you had and you can not even come up with 10,000 dollars!
Oh I am convinced I have done better than you. I served my country for 24 years, 3 years overseas, have 5 kids the eldest two are doing computer engineering and civil engineering and I dont think that electronic signals on the internet are my friends. But someone of your low nature no doubt thinks money is the be all and end all of everything. What happened to your lovely nature...where you were going out of your way to support druggies out of the kindness of your heart...this is why I dont have friends on the internet..they are liars.
Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:34 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
As some of my hairs are long as I used them to comb over my bald spot and it rate of growth is no longer fast therefore a year should not be out of the question.
You have a comb over ??? That is so silly. You are very funny, tell me more...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:37 pm
@BillRM,
The only product that has no harmful side effects at all is maryJ ?? Do you realise how desperate you sound ??
Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:38 pm
@BillRM,
So you argue that if there is a problem with drugs, then who cares if we make it worse. This is due to your lovely nature and warmth as a human being ?? Be serious ! Stop joking around...this is no time to be silly.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:45 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Of course they were forcing mice to smoke 100 joints a day which would work out to about 15,000 joints for a normal human.
I feel better having parados argue for drugs. That makes me certain beyond doubt I am right.
Do the math, although I know it is your weakest point. It is very difficult to smoke cigarettes at the rate of two packets of 20 each per day. But you have mice smoking 100 a day ?? How big were their lungs ? When you say mice do you mean elephants ? Perhaps you have a reference to this amount or are you just another maryJ smoker who cant handle the truth ?
BillRM

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:10 pm
@Ionus,
My my you did all that and can not come up with 10,000 dollars how amazing.

In any case the drugies you are refering to are friends and co-workers who also had families they support and their "crime" was to smoke a few harmless marijuana cigs every now and then in the privacy of their own homes.

All of them go to work everyday and are outstanding citizens except for the fact that fat heads like you label them drugies.

Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:11 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
In fact, that's exactly what my brother did. He tried it in private before he ever smoked it with his friends.

Do you know what "always associated" means ? It means that no matter what group you pick there will always be an association. It does not mean there will always be a cause and effect. Your anecdotal evidence is only meaningful in large numbers, not one person. How do you know he wasnt thinking of peer group pressure when he smoked ? Do you think you have to be in a large crowd to feel peer group pressure ?

My statement that "No-one thinks, I am alone, I will try some maryJ for the first time " is basically correct. Someone has to go find someone else to sell them the drug, then they find a place to be alone, then they try it ? For the first time ? Very unusual and I would want prove. If you really knew what you were talking about I doubt if you would be using anecdotal evidence to overturn a trend.

What is your aim ? To convince young people that if they try it due to peer group pressure thats ok because they would have tried it when they were alone anyway ??
Rockhead

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:13 pm
@Ionus,
ya know.

that's how I feel about pudding.

mmmm, chocolate...
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:17 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
The only product that has no harmful side effects at all is maryJ ?? Do you realise how desperate you sound ??

You mean those nice and legal drugs who are sold by the nice big drug companies that are adv on TV and have proven side effects that are far greater then THC?

Those drugs must had greater benefits then Marijuana also like reducing shyness in front of groups to justify them being sold correct or is it just that they can earn the big drug companies billions of dollars unlike the evil weed?

You do not think for yourself at all do you?
Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:36 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
My my you did all that and can not come up with 10,000 dollars how amazing.
You defend maryJ smokers but attack the poor ? And you want us to believe you are doing this out of the goodness of your heart ?

Quote:
In any case the drugies you are refering to are friends and co-workers who also had families they support and their "crime" was to smoke a few harmless marijuana cigs every now and then in the privacy of their own homes.
The druggies you refer to, I have never called them that, are friends and co-workers of mine who also have families they support.
As for "smoke a few harmless marijuana cigs every now and then " it is not harmless. With one argument you say other things are harmful too, but then you say maryJ is harmless. Which is it ? Are you smoking now ?
DrewDad

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:39 pm
@Ionus,
What convoluted "reasoning" to get away from being contradicted.

You're basically saying, "I said 'alone' but what I really mean is 'a hermit out in the woods, away from all of society'".

Which is basically admitting to being an idiot.
Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:43 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
You mean those nice and legal drugs who are sold by the nice big drug companies that are adv on TV and have proven side effects that are far greater then THC?
So is it your attitude that we have a problem why not make it worse ?

Quote:
Those drugs must had greater benefits then Marijuana also like reducing shyness in front of groups to justify them being sold correct or is it just that they can earn the big drug companies billions of dollars unlike the evil weed?
I take it from your attitude that the only drug healthy people should take is MaryJ ? Or is it that the only drug sick people should take is MaryJ ? Or is it both ?

Quote:
You do not think for yourself at all do you?
Surrounded by maryJ smokers and I tell them they are wrong. yeah, that sounds like a real cop out not like the brave Bill, who doesnt smoke but surrounded by his smoking friends encourages them. Go for it ! Lets go downtown and laugh at the poor when you are finished. Clever, lovely, hilarious William.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:45 pm
@Ionus,
whether or not one is smoking now is kinda a funny question, in the framework of how you asked it.

I just finished my dinner, and will indulge now as I normally do for digestive reasons.

you let me know when my habit starts to impair my posting, please...

0 Replies