Marijuana: Does it kill brain cells or does it affect only the lungs?

Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:49 pm
@DrewDad,
I think you are using the word "basically" too much. You are attempting to twist my words out of laziness or incompetence perhaps. Why dont you admit to being an idiot and are incapable of arguing on any other level than anecdotal evidence and "Oh yeah ? I know you are but what am I" ?
BillRM

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 07:02 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Surrounded by maryJ smokers and I tell them they are wrong. yeah, that sounds like a real cop out not like the brave Bill, who doesnt smoke but surrounded by his smoking friends encourages them. Go for it ! Lets go downtown and laugh at the poor when you are finished. Clever, lovely, hilarious William

I would bet that a fair percent of your friends are smokers even if you are not aware of that fact and more then likely to the same degree that I am "surrounded" by smokers.

In being very open concerning my opinion of marijuana the smokers are far more likely to share with me then your smokers friends are likely to share with you.

In any case I do not smoke because all it seem to do for me is put me to sleep in a short short time frame. If I had found some benefits for myself I would had more then likely been a casual smoker in the same manner as I am a casual drinker.

Perhaps if I had not stop at a few cigs thirty years ago I would had found some benefits for myself to smoking but I never did. It is the same as I am not and never been a beer drinker for the simple reason that I do not care for the taste of beer. There is zero wrong however with being a beer drinker.

As I told the Federal Judge who interviewed me for a jury panel in my twenties I do not belief in such silly laws as the anti-marijuana laws and you can not be more open then that in your opinions now can you!

0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 07:42 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
I feel better having parados argue for drugs.
I argued FOR drugs? Hmmm.. I didn't realize talking about a study that was flawed means I was arguing for anything.

Quote:

Do the math, although I know it is your weakest point. It is very difficult to smoke cigarettes at the rate of two packets of 20 each per day. But you have mice smoking 100 a day ?? How big were their lungs ? When you say mice do you mean elephants ? Perhaps you have a reference to this amount or are you just another maryJ smoker who cant handle the truth ?
Do you really think they let the mice light each joint and smoke them at their leisure? There are 24 hours in a day even for mice and it is quite easy to keep a mouse in a smoke filled environment while even chain smokers take several breaths without dragging on a cigarette.
DrewDad

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 09:31 pm
@Ionus,
If you say "always", and I know a single instance where that isn't true, it pretty much demolishes your argument.

So basically, you hung your ass out for everyone to see and we're all laughing at you.
Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 11:28 pm
@parados,
You know so much about it but not a reference ? This is from a person who wont believe it is raining without a reference from the glorious IPCC.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 11:30 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
If you say "always", and I know a single instance where that isn't true, it pretty much demolishes your argument.
You really have to take words in context. I cant stress that enough.

Quote:
So basically, you hung your ass out for everyone to see and we're all laughing at you.
I am glad people are happy. Now maybe they wont need to take drugs like weak minded fools.
BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 08:13 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
I am glad people are happy. Now maybe they wont need to take drugs like weak minded fools.

Lot of weak minded fools in fact the vast vast majority of the human race are weak minded fools if you included alcohol and there is zero reason not to place alcohol consummation in the same class as others mind altering drugs use.

Wonder if our friend Ionus or his family members consume the evil mind-effecting drug of alcohol and therefore can be consider weak-minded fools also for so doing.

Second question that come to mind as there is a many billions dollars a year industry legally selling mind altering drugs of one type or another and are all those millions of people who go to the drug store also weak minded fools?

Ionus is it your stand that having or not having a legal seal of approval change the effect of drugs on the minds of their users in some magical way?

In some of our states marijuana is becoming legal so in those states are the smokers no longer weak minded fools?
BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 08:30 am
I find it also highly amusing that when I expressed some surprise that such a non-weak minded fool as our friend Ionus is such a loser in life that he can not come up with 10,000 dollars he was all bended out of shape.

He had no problem looking down on others and name calling but when it is reverse he is not at all happy.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:10 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
You really have to take words in context. I cant stress that enough.

And you need to remember that words have actual meanings that one can look up in the dictionary.

I can go back and look at exactly what you wrote, you know. So trying to change what you said will result in failure and humiliation.
RadAndRandom

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 01:14 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry but that kind of thinking is worthless as you could used it for anything you do not care for not just marijuana smoking.
Coffee drinking, diet coke drinking, tap water drinking heavy exercise or no exercise or................

Yes, but if works in an argument about coffee, overexercising, etc, why does it not work in a case about marijuana? Just like we might not know that a friend of ours has a coffee addiction so severe that they cannot function normally at all unless they have at least 3 cups of coffee, but that the result definitely takes a toll on their body and mind... thus, the friend might be energetic to the point of abnormal exhaustion, or easily irritable or something, and we might think its only part of their personality.. when really its the overdose of coffee destroying their body and/or mind. Why is it not possible that it is the same with our marijuana-obsessed friends?
Maybe the fact that they are so calm and seem shy and quiet most of the time is NOT part of their personality but really they have somewhat "numbed" themselves each and every morning and prevent themselves from thinking clearly, let alone put together a decent sentence without needing to try extremely hard...? Maybe they are sleeping in class and cannot concentrate on one solid topic for more than 0.5 seconds, not because they are too energetic and "random" but because they are causing their body to work this by smoking a joint or two in the morning and between every class?
Of course, that comes with other disadvantages that their body and mind experiences, which we may not know of.
So how can we argue that constant marijuana-smokers are perfect fine when we CANNOT know?
Just like we cannot know what a caffeine addict might be going through.. or the stress an over-exerciser puts himself through..
We cannot feel what their bodies feel, and therefore, any argument of yours, BillRM, and those who also claim to know that "marijuana does not harm" is irrelevant.
Quote:
Rockhead

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 01:25 pm
@RadAndRandom,
anything done to excess can cause harm.

BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 01:34 pm
@RadAndRandom,
RadandRnadom I am somewhat confuse on your thinking and logic.

There is no way to know for sure if anything in our environment might prove to be harmful to ourselves or ten generations removed for that matter.

Now given that fact why select out of a million and one things that might someday be proven to be harmful marijuana smoking to zero in on?

I had yet to see any hard evidence of long term harm and without that existing I see no reasons why you should loss sleep over it or annoy your smoking friends about your not proven concerns.

Of course it is your rights to loss sleep or annoy your friends at least until they drop you due to it.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 01:39 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
anything done to excess can cause harm.

Including drinking water that if done to too great a degree can upset your body chemical to the point that death result.

Once more my friend radanrandom why this fixation on marijuana smoking instead of a million others behaviors?

gungasnake

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 02:13 pm
@RadAndRandom,
Grass is bad for human lungs for the same reasons cigarettes are only a bit more so and trying to drive while totally stoned is highly problematical, but that's about it. The biggest problem with grass used to be people thinking it was more or less harmless, and therefore it was cool to be stoned all the time. Nothing useful ever gets done under such circumstances...
0 Replies

RadAndRandom

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 02:20 pm
Ionus wrote to Drewdad,
Quote:
How do you know he wasnt thinking of peer group pressure when he smoked ? Do you think you have to be in a large crowd to feel peer group pressure ?

Hahahaha. Exactly. He most likely tried it out when he was alone just so he won't look stupid when he tries it the first time with his friends. He would not want them to think its his first time, and what if he doesn't hold the blunt or bong correctly, or what if he inhales it wrong and starts coughing like a maniac.. most likely, he didn't want to look stupid in public, so he did it alone the first time. But just because he was alone does not mean it wasn't peer pressure, just like Ionus said.

Ionus wrote to BillRM,
Quote:
With one argument you say other things are harmful too, but then you say maryJ is harmless. Which is it ? Are you smoking now?

Hahahaha.. I love you, Ionus. Very Happy
And Bill, yes, I agree. You must take out the blunt from your mouth and clear the smoke in front of your eyes before you attempt to win an argument you are completely wrong in.
RadAndRandom

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 02:30 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Of course it is your rights to loss sleep or annoy your friends at least until they drop you due to it.

Actually, they value the fact that I care about them, and they even admit that. They just also value the feeling that marijuana gives them too much to let go of it. They will not "drop" me or the blunt, that's what it is really like.

Quote:
Once more my friend radanrandom why this fixation on marijuana smoking instead of a million others behaviors?

You must have overlooked my post about the harm that caffeine and overexercising also does to a person. I can go on and on about the harm millions of things in this world cause... and I have implented some of that in this post. If you haven't noticed, though, the subject of this thread is about marijuana, so therefore, I will fixate mostly on the harm that marijuana causes.

Gungasnake said,
Quote:
Grass is bad for human lungs for the same reasons cigarettes are only a bit more so

I am not saying cigarettes don't cause harm. They do as well. I just feel that, though both marijuana and cigarettes can cause lung problems and cancers, marijuana must affect the mind more since it causes an impairment in judgement, concentration, a feeling of numbness, etc. Cigarettes can be smoked during a break at work and the person can go back to work with no problem. But a person who smoked a joint during their break will most likely give out the fact that he did so by being slow, sluggish, inattentive, or whatever else a person might feel when they are high. If cigarettes don't affect the brain the way marijuana does, I believe that concludes that marijuana has more of an effect, and therefore, more damage.
BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 02:31 pm
@RadAndRandom,
Quote:
Hahahaha.. I love you, Ionus.
And Bill, yes, I agree. You must take out the blunt from your mouth and clear the smoke in front of your eyes before you attempt to win an argument you are completely wrong in.

As I stated I am deadly serious about my 10,000 dollars minimum to 50,000 dollars maximum offer to proved with a license drug testing lab that I had not smoke for as long as they can go back with a hair test be that 90 days or over a year.

Do you jokers not have any funds to place on the line even just ten thousands?

Seem like for non-smokers you are all losers in life<grin>. Hell maybe you would do better if you did smoke!
Rockhead

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 02:35 pm
@RadAndRandom,
ok.

let's talk about some more stuff that you don't really understand.

Is a pain pill more damaging to your body than an Aspirin?

Lets use a tylenol 3 for our example.
Sglass

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 02:40 pm
@Rockhead,
Tylenol is addictive. I know someone who went to NA to get off of them
Rockhead

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 02:42 pm
@Sglass,
and yet it's legal.

even prescribed by a caring physician.

hmmmm.

(I know several coffee addicts)