I'm Sure Someone Else Has Posted This Gem But

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 08:28 am
I like it

"I really don’t understand how bipartisanship is ever going to work when one of the parties is insane. Imagine trying to negotiate an agreement on dinner plans with your date, and you suggest Italian and she states her preference would be a meal of tire rims and anthrax. If you can figure out a way to split the difference there and find a meal you will both enjoy, you can probably figure out how bipartisanship is going to work the next few years."

DrewDad

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:03 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
That's a Gem Butt, alright.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:04 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Also, weren't these same conservatives weeping, wailing, moaning and bitching about how the Democrats were scared of straight up-or-down votes?
Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:33 am
@DrewDad,
Who said the quote?

What really pisses me off is that they are so determined to suffocate the Obama administration that they will not even approve things they wanted in previous years. Many parts of the healthcare bill are things they demanded during the Clinton years and are now saying they will never approve. It's completely childish and hurts the country as a whole - not that conservatives give a **** about anyone but themselves.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:35 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Who said the quote?

What really pisses me off is that they are so determined to suffocate the Obama administration that they will not even approve things they wanted in previous years. Many parts of the healthcare bill are things they demanded during the Clinton years and are now saying they will never approve. It's completely childish and hurts the country as a whole - not that conservatives give a **** about anyone but themselves.

As opposed to the mature, rational, constructive way that Democrats dealt with President Bush, I suppose.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:50 am
@Brandon9000,
I think they they did a little ranting and then rolled over and gave Bush almost everything he wanted. It's not something the Democrats can be proud of.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 09:52 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I think they they did a little ranting and then rolled over and gave Bush almost everything he wanted. It's not something the Democrats can be proud of.

Yes, how silly of me. The Democracts totally cooperated with Bush and put aside their differences with him for the good of the country. What was I thinking?
JTT

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:42 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
The Democracts totally cooperated with Bush and put aside their differences with him for the good of the country.

Too many of them supported him in war crimes, too many of them supported him in crimes against humanity, all too many of them supported him in his frequent lies.

You know it's really odd how these politicians can get their panties in a twist over athletes and others lying to Congress but a person who holds the highest office in the land can lie through their teeth and nothing happens.

Quote:
What was I thinking?

From every post I've ever seen of yours, apparently nothing, Brandon, nothing at all.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 10:48 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
The Democracts totally cooperated with Bush and put aside their differences with him for the good of the country.

Too many of them supported him in war crimes, too many of them supported him in crimes against humanity, all too many of them supported him in his frequent lies.

You know it's really odd how these politicians can get their panties in a twist over athletes and others lying to Congress but a person who holds the highest office in the land can lie through their teeth and nothing happens.

Quote:
What was I thinking?

From every post I've ever seen of yours, apparently nothing, Brandon, nothing at all.

Personal insults as usual, in lieu of the reasoned arguments you don't ever seem to have. It is well known by one and all that the Democrats did anything and everything to try to undermine president Bush, so this whining about obstructionism by the Republicans, while perfectly correct, is nonetheless hilarious. I would never try to undermine a president's effectiveness for political, as opposed to policy, reasons, but the Democrats have no room to complain, except for non-payment of royalties on a practice they perfected.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:00 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
It is well known by one and all that the Democrats did anything and everything to try to undermine president Bush, so this whining about obstructionism by the Republicans, while perfectly correct, is nonetheless hilarious.

Untrue. Bush passed two tax cuts and Medicare part D with the help of the Dems. The Dems supported his wars after 9/11. The Dems passed the supplemental spending bills for the wars which just kept rolling in. They compromised with the Republicans and confirmed his judges.

The Republicans have used the filibuster more then twice as much as the previous Dem minority did, which is to say twice as much as any congress, ever. And things in the house have been even worse - 5 procedural votes on every single actual vote... it's been ridiculous.

Your comparisons are false; the Republicans are utilizing obstructionism to a much greater degree then the Dems ever did.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 11:08 am
If the Democrats hadn't voted so much in favor of Bush demands we might have had some money leftover for space exploration. I guess we will have to be happy with new roads for Iraq.
JTT

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 12:06 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Personal insults as usual,

That wasn't a personal insult, Brandon. It was a simple recitation of the facts. Any insult you feel you bring upon yourself.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 12:19 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Personal insults as usual,

That wasn't a personal insult, Brandon. It was a simple recitation of the facts. Any insult you feel you bring upon yourself.

Liar:
JTT wrote:

Quote:
What was I thinking?

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 12:21 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

If the Democrats hadn't voted so much in favor of Bush demands we might have had some money leftover for space exploration. I guess we will have to be happy with new roads for Iraq.

I suppose all the talk of impeachment, the endless accusations of conspiracies, the immense amount of scrutiny given to his National Guard service, etc. were a form of cooperation.
Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 12:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
I suppose all the talk of impeachment, the endless accusations of conspiracies, the immense amount of scrutiny given to his National Guard service, etc. were a form of cooperation.

So you assume that the wild-eyed ranting of leftwingnuts at this site are indicative of the policies and attitudes of all Democrats? You will not, therefore, mind if we attribute to you all the rantings of conservatives at this site, huh?

As GW points out, the Democrats voted for his shitty little war in Iraq. He couldn't have asked for better cooperation.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 12:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
There was certainly a lot of noise and attacks, but they really were pretty docile about things like voting for his wars. Amazingly so in my opinion. I was dumbstruck to see a bunch of cowards vote for a war they claimed to oppose but were too chicken to vote against.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 01:00 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

Such talk was nothing more than mosquitoes buzzing a buffalo. These accusations certainly didn't become as obstructive as the Republicans obsession with Clinton and the very real impeachment over the actions of his penis. As others here have said, the Democrats dropped their pants for Bush over and over and just complained he was a lousy ****.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 01:07 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

You're half-right: the Democrats totally cooperated with Bush, but it definitely wasn't for the good of the country.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 01:09 pm
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe . . .

(I think Joe cracks me up more often than anyone else at this site.)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 01:10 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Quote:

Such talk was nothing more than mosquitoes buzzing a buffalo. These accusations certainly didn't become as obstructive as the Republicans obsession with Clinton...

For what it's worth, I vigorously opposed the effort to impeach Clinton, and even wrote him a letter saying that as a Republican I considered it to be a rotten trick. To give the only punishment I could inflict on my party for that misdeed, I voted 100% Democratic for one election. Obstructionism is a waste of time and both parties are guilty.