what do u do for a living?

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:12 pm
Working on my PHD. College owns most of my time; however, for income I still work for a large bank doing their E & O's and in the summer I transisition back over to handling their major Commercial Accounts, employee training, etc.

Life is busy - busy - busy!!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:17 pm
@Droid Motorola,
Out of work -- living off of my savings while learning a few new computing tricks.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:39 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Nice.
And accurate.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 05:47 pm
It's not so much that I'm retired, as that I've failed to start working again, except for a couple of odds and ends design jobs. Let's just say I'm considering it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:19 pm
@Droid Motorola,
I'm a teacher. I guess, semi-retired, as I work casually these days.
I'm going to be teaching till I'm 99 years old, as I couldn't possibly afford to quit.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 06:22 pm
@msolga,
(I can't afford it either, thus considering designing again.)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 09:31 pm
@msolga,
You mean you're taking early retirement at 99? Shocked Laughing

Actually, as I have found out myself, early retirement is a bit of a joke these days, with inflation, taxes, etc, etc....
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 09:55 pm
I am out of work. Recently, after 9 years of service left the Army. I am currently seeking employment while waiting for the new semester to start at college where I will be going to obtain a social work degree.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 09:55 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
(grimbribbery??)

What else does a grimbribber do?
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 01:32 pm
@Ticomaya,

congrats on coining a new word.
google had never heard of it...
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:51 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thankee. RG needs to get with the SEO around these parts. I posted that yesterday ... it ought to be showing up in google by now.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:56 pm
@Droid Motorola,
Retired trial attorney
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 04:17 pm

To avoid going off-topic,
I 'm going to post a new thread called:
What is the Best Motorola Droid fone for ordinary walking around,
with a LOUD speaker fone ?
0 Replies

BarbieQPickle

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 04:27 pm
I'm not working right now, I just finished doing clinical at the hospital for Phlebotomy in the Fall. I've been going to college since August of 2007 for basically all medical stuff, but I'm not sure what I really want to do.
Seed

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 04:40 pm
@BarbieQPickle,
something that helps pay medical school bills I would assume Smile
BarbieQPickle

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 05:13 pm
@Seed,
Well so far I don't have any student debt, thankfully. I'm trying to avoid getting a 50k debt that will take 20 years to pay off. The University I planned on going to for Radiologic Science canceled the program, so I'm not sure what to do. It's the most stressful thing ever! I always ask people for advice and etc but they are of no help, my friend told me to become a "baker".

You are going for Social Work? That was something I had on my original list of choices.
Seed

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 05:25 pm
@BarbieQPickle,
Stealing my idea... Smile well go for it, if it's something you can see yourself doing
BarbieQPickle

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 05:31 pm
@Seed,
The things I see myself doing probably don't pay anything! Hopefully I'll figure it out sometime soon. Oh and totally off subject, I love that tattoo!! Are you a Mario or Luigi person? I'm a Luigi kinda gal.
Seed

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 05:37 pm
@BarbieQPickle,
I don't look at jobs in a sense of which will make me the most money. I look at them in a sense of what will bring me the most fulfillment. I'm a Yohsi kind of guy myself.

Luigi gets the short end of the stick. Has to do all the work and his brother always gets the girl
BarbieQPickle

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 05:53 pm
@Seed,
Well, that is the way it should be! I mean I do that to for the most part I don't want to be stuck doing something I hate even if I make a lot of money doing it. Animals are one of my passions so maybe I should do something with that.

Hey! I didn't know we were counting Yoshi as a choice Smile I used to have like 50 different Mario/Yoshi games I don't know where they all went though. The second one sucked though.