neologist

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 11:59 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
I have no need for religion. I have a conscience.
Funny you should say that. In that book you call myth, that's all humans had to start with.
neologist

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 12:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Hey Wilso if you Aussie atheists have got a conscience, give Oz back to the aborigines to prove you're sorry for taking it off 'em..Smile
I thought you said us white guys civilized the aborigines. You know, did them a favor.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 12:20 pm
@neologist,
Horseshit . . . are you trying to claim that the Jews invented morality? Are you attempting to allege that no one had a conscience until the Jews came along? It's just amazing how religious fanatics will blind themselves, willfully, in order to assert the supremacy of their chosen superstition.
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 12:37 pm
@neologist,
Those old mythologies have been proven to be wrong in almost every way. What makes you think a book written by so many men some 2000 years ago, and composed into a the bible some centuries after the life of jesus, with so many errors, omissions, and contradictions, that this fictional book has any relevance to today?

http://www.1611kingjamesbible.com/constantine.html/
neologist

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:12 pm
@Setanta,
What makes you assume thatt?
There were no Jews, no religions, in the beginning

You seem to forget the number of times I quoted Galatians 3:25, where nominal christians should understand that moral behavior and conscience are common to all. I am sure I mentioned this to you at least once to your satisfaction. Long time ago, so understood.
neologist

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, even if you call it myth, there is much relevant info.
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:18 pm
@neologist,
Even comic books and fictional stories have "much relevant info."
neologist

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It was the relevant info I was citing.
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 03:28 pm
@neologist,
In other words, the practitioner of christianity and the bible can pick and choose what is relevant and what isn't although they are the word of god. Was thou shalt not kill ever relevant?
hingehead

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 03:37 pm
@timur,
It is not described in the Quran. Even if it was, that circle would still be tiny.
neologist

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 03:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Limited topic, CI. I didn't want to stretch your imagination
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 04:07 pm
Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 04:32 pm
@neologist,
The Bible is only relevant to those who have faith in it. Anything in it worth knowing can be learned from other sources.
0 Replies

chai2

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 06:20 pm
On Friday on had someone tell me she would pray for me.

She did that because I told her about a problem I was having. I only told her as a ploy to get her to shut up about the constant barrage of compliants and troubles that come out of her mouth to everyone. It was meant as a "you know, you're not the only one that has to deal with life."

I said "Well, if that makes you feel better"

She responded "oh, yeah, I forgot you're not into any of that" The only evidence of that is that I once declined to read one of her Chicken Soup for the Soul stories that clog up her email.

So I replied "Look, if you want to get me a birthday cake with candles, I'd be glad to make a wish and blow them out. It's the same thing."

Yeah, God's going to hear your prayer, and continue to hold off helping all the women and children getting raped and murdered in Darfur.

If you feel you must pray for me for any reason, go ahead. Just don't tell me about it.
cicerone imposter

Sat 2 Aug, 2014 06:29 pm
@chai2,
amen
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:37 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Wilso wrote:
I have no need for religion. I have a conscience.
Funny you should say that. In that book you call myth, that's all humans had to start with.

This was the post to which i reacted, Neo. "In the book you call myth . . ."--so it's not about "in the beginning," it's about the bible. Your remak suggests taht there was no morality, no consiience until the Jews came along with their bullsh*t book of myths.

Now you're trying to weasel--no surprise there.
timur

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 06:04 am
@hingehead,
Now you are grasping at straws, Hinge.

Why don't just say that the picture and the circle are made up shyt?

I do agree agree that the circle would be tiny anyway but shyt is shyt..
neologist

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 10:03 am
@Setanta,
Well, somehow, by reading that book, I came up with the idea that the first humans had no religion, no Jews, no Israelites. And I also somehow came away with the belief that conscience preceded religion. Sorry if my post did not make that clear.

But perhaps you saw something I missed.
cicerone imposter

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 11:44 am
@neologist,
Even some wild animals have 'conscience.' It's not surprising that homo sapiens through their experience learned that it was better to have some rules to survive from the elements/environment. That's good; that's bad....maybe we should; maybe we shouldn't....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 3 Aug, 2014 12:03 pm
Of course people had to have a conscience. For every action, there is a consequence. Our very survival depended on it.
0 Replies