THE GIRL IS ILL

Swimpy

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:20 am
@ehBeth,
Get better, dahlink. Don't forget to eat your yogurt with those pills.
jespah

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:39 am
Ouch. Sorry to read this. Much love and ginger ale from here.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:57 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
(You do have delivery up there in the boondocks, right?)

Don't go out if you don't have to -- prevail upon a neighbour, Shopper's Drug Mart, somebody. Stay cuddled up in a cozy duvet and rest. Hope you feel (both!) better soon!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 09:11 am
Oh, no!

Sorry to hear you've both been so sick. Glad you're on the mend, Set. Take gentle care of yourself, beth. Rest, rest, rest and don't push yourself too far too soon.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 09:41 am
If you follow all the advice on this thread, you'll be well in no time!

Hope you have some good trashy magazines on hand. Something you can read without having to concentrate. Cable movies are good for that, too. REST...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 09:55 am
You better take all the antibiotics until gone - that's an order!
Ear infections can linger and be very painful - having the stomach flu in addition
is even more exhausting .
It's chicken noodle soup time and rest, rest, rest. All the best wishes for a
speedy recovery.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 10:13 am
I took the liberty and hired you some help EhBeth to keep you drinking as much ginger ale as you desire! Get well soon!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xfxmmOzXySs/SvVC1htZvYI/AAAAAAAABSY/xvKhDM6fLBU/S1600-R/ginger+ale.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 10:18 am
Hope you get well, soon.

0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 10:21 am
I hope you're both back to your feisty selves soon.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 10:40 am
Get well soon, the both of you.
http://blog.makezine.com/FCAKOUIFC2BTUFM.LARGE.jpg
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 10:48 am
One of the best ways to get better is to pass the illness on to someone else.

I don't think anyone here would mind if you passed it on to dys so you can feel better.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 10:57 am
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onion_imagearticle1479.jpg

Take care, setanta.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 10:57 am
Neti pot! I wanted to use my neti pot every 15 minutes when I had an ear infection a few years ago. Just clean it very well between uses.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:21 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

One of the best ways to get better is to pass the illness on to someone else.

I don't think anyone here would mind if you passed it on to dys so you can feel better.

If you try to force it onto Dys then I'll volunteer to be his Secret Service Agent and intercept whatever viral bullet you send his way! I'll take the bullet for him!

0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:24 am
Here it is, early Saturday morninng in Hawaii (7:21 a.m. as I type this). I rise from a warm bed to put on coffee and see what the good folks at A2k are up to. And what do I see? That my favorite German-Canadian person is ailing in a bad way. Horrors!

Get well, Beth. Take plenty of chicken soup and follow the doctor's orders to the letter. Get better!
hamburgboy

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:33 am
@Merry Andrew,
last week saturday morning i took the train to toronto to meet with ehbeth + set .
had a great dim sum at a fine chinese restaurant - enjoyable food .
took the train back on saturday evening .
sunday night i was " sick as a dog " ... ...
i'm VERY SLOWLY recovering .
" stomach flu " seems to be all over the place .. i'm somewhat hungry but food does not yet appeal much to me .

nibbling , drinking , nibbling , drinking ... ...

hope e + s will recover faster than this old dog .
littlek

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:39 am
Not Hamburger too! Sounds like you all met with something together, no?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:42 am
@hamburgboy,
oh, thinking of you guys and sending you all well wishes...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh nasty bugs

FEEL BETTER SOON

(((((((((((((Bethie, HIM, Hbg))))))))))))

smooches

(lysols)

hugs xxx
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 12:55 pm
@Swimpy,
Hey! look at alla you guys.

Ok, so, Swimpy, here's the problem. I'm usually all over the yogurt if I have to take antibiotics - but I was explicitly warned against any dairy products for the next 10 - 14 days by the doc, the pharmacist and the pharmacist's assistant. What to do?

l'k, I'm continuing to use my saline spray. I picked some extra packages of it up while I was hanging out in the pharmacy yesterday.

Set and I are totally Jack Spratt and his wife right now. He is starving, but his stomach troubles are still in force. I'm supposed to be eating for the meds, but nothing tempts. Evil or Very Mad

hamburgboy, Set and I started the day together on Saturday but Set went home to take care of the dogs while hamburgboy and I carried on. hamburgboy and I got the stomach flu (which is all over the province here) on late Sunday - Set seems to have caught the bug from me as he was fine til Wednesday. I knew hamburgboy and I should have gone to Grossman's Tavern instead of heading in toward the Eaton Centre. I'm sure the natural bacteria on the floors at Grossman's would have protected us from any other bug.

(this is a long bookmark to say thanks for all the kind thoughts and to remind me when I took my horse pill)
djjd62

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 01:00 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I knew hamburgboy and I should have gone to Grossman's Tavern instead of heading in toward the Eaton Centre. I'm sure the natural bacteria on the floors at Grossman's would have protected us from any other bug.

Very Happy
0 Replies