editing of short passage

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 12:13 pm
Hi fellow members

Could you please help me spot errors in the following passage? Thanks in advance.

A few years ago, when I entered the office, I was surprised to see a few of my colleagues from another section there. I was also surprised that I was among the first staff members to reach the office. I was usually among the last person to reach the office.

A few minutes later, I thought it must be a public holiday and the staff from the other section were there as they had to supervise the labourers who had to work that day. To confirm my belief, I checked my pocket calendar and, true enough, it was a public holiday.

After that, I returned home. I did not tell anybody, even my parents that I had been so forgetful. Neither did I inform my colleagues the next day about my mistake as I was afraid that they might laugh at me
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 680 • Replies: 4
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 02:13 pm
One morning a few years ago, when I arrived at the office I was surprised to see a few of my colleagues from another section there. I was also surprised that I was among the first staff members to reach the office. I was usually among the last.

A few minutes later, I thought that it must be a public holiday and that the staff from the other section were there to supervise the labourers who had to work that day. I checked my pocket calendar and, sure enough, it was a public holiday.

After that I returned home. I did not tell anybody, even my parents, that I had been so forgetful. Neither did I inform my colleagues the next day about my mistake as I was afraid that they might laugh at me.

tanguatlay

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 07:50 pm
@contrex,
Hi Contrex

Many thanks for your help.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:51 am
Here's what occurs to me:

A few years ago, when I entered the office, I was surprised to see a few of my colleagues from another section there. I was also surprised that I was among the first staff members to reach the office. I was usually among the last person to reach the office. <----- should be "last people"

A few minutes later, I thought it must be a public holiday and the staff from the other section were there as they had to supervise the labourers who had to work that day. To confirm my belief, I checked my pocket calendar and, true enough, it was a public holiday. <----- comma after "were there"

After that, I returned home. I did not tell anybody, even my parents that I had been so forgetful. Neither did I inform my colleagues the next day about my mistake as I was afraid that they might laugh at me <----- comma after "parents"
tanguatlay

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 11:07 am
@Brandon9000,
Many thanks, Brandon9000, for your help.
0 Replies