News Item: Sexting over Fifty. My Pledge.... .

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 06:40 am
Husker:
I've told you before, no whining.
Joe(no begging neither)Nation
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 03:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes geezers need sex too, and for deeper reasons, which makes us better lovers, if not such good "athletes" anymore.
dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 03:38 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Yes geezers need sex too, and for deeper reasons, which makes us better lovers, if not such good "athletes" anymore.

There's truth in that.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 08:03 am
Wow.

I didn't even know what sexting was until I saw this thread.

I had to go Google the word, and went on a couple of sites that gave examples of sexting, and one where some guy was giving advice as to what kind of sexting "chick dig"

As I read the examples, my eyebrows involuntarily started to furrow, my nose did that funny thing it does when it smells something disgusting, and my stomach started to clench.

Prior to now, if I had ever received a sext, I would have assumed the guy I talked to yesterday was a crazy stalker, very immature, and/or nothing like what he seemed to be.

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 02:00 pm
@chai2,
I was reminded, when I first heard of sex-ting, of all those guys in the USAF who received a 'special picture' of their girlfriend or wife. Invariably, they were Polaroids (no one wanted the guy down at the drug store looking through the vacation pictures and finding that little oh wow moment), they showed the young lady topless, but not in any pose that would rate any more than an 'R" rating today. How do I know what the pictures showed? Because, just like today, the guy receiving the pictures would hesitate about a minute before showing them off.

I had the odd experience of meeting one of the wives later. I had to smile and shake her hand and try not to remember that her nipples were as pink as roses.
Joe(very classy guys)Nation
chai2

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 02:51 pm
@Joe Nation,
oh yeah, polariods.

now you can just sit in the comfort of your cubicle and send a picture of your what'is around the world.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't think any texted message could ever compare to the real person whispering such in your ear.

Having to wait entire HOURS, or God forbid, DAYS to hear it, makes the occassion that much sweeter.

heh...just thinking....lovers used to send their cherished one sonnets that could be saved in a special drawer, with a lovely ribbon tied around them.

Now, you get a text message saying "U R HOT"

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 06:37 am
We have all become as the upper classes were in late 1700s - early 1800s. Persons of means not only exchanged missives of several sorts across miles, but also across cities and even across households. It was not unusual for his Lordship to use some time at his breakfast to write a short note regarding his day and his affection for his wife to read when she arose for her day. Her comments or other musings would be sent in a reply to his study, his lodge, his club or, if they were in such desperate straits that he had to maintain an actual presence at a place of work, his office.

Notes, sometimes three and four a day, were also written to be read at tea or after dinner before retiring for the night, even if the two were going to be retiring together.

And that was the married folks. Letters and correspondence between ladies and their suitors kept a lot of messenger services hopping.
~~
Writing down your thoughts was a usual regular practice between friends of every kind. Thomas Jefferson and John Adams wrote each other every day for several years after they both were in retirement.
~~
Still, you are correct. The immediacy of the exchanges today sometimes gives me a cold feeling. I like to wait to open an email until I'm really ready to pay attention to what's being said. I sometimes get queries as to why I am so slow in replying..... .

Joe(my head, my heart, my world, all spin..)Nation
0 Replies