HP L7680 All in One Printer Problem

Fri 22 Jan, 2010 03:58 pm
The printer will stop printing halfway down the page and then print page after page after page continuously with one line of encrypted symbols. I must cancel the print job and/or sometimes turn the computer and/or printer off to stop the printing. I had this problem with my old xp computer, and now have windows 7 ultimate and the problem is worse. It was an intermitten issue on the old computer, but, now it happens every other time I print. I tried a new cable, resetting the printer to factory setting, uninstalling then reinstalling the HP software...nothing seems to work. What can I do to fix this issue?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,454 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed
No top replies

High Seas

Fri 22 Jan, 2010 04:40 pm
@rfinney0786,
A full-feature driver for your printer isn't yet available for Windows 7, as per HP website, but will be posted online in a few days. Meanwhile here's a workaround:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01887433&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_us/c01887433/loc:10&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=2512009
rfinney0786

Sat 23 Jan, 2010 11:23 am
@High Seas,
I downloaded the Full feature Software Version 13...Is that not what I need to update and get my printer working? Thanks.
High Seas

Sat 23 Jan, 2010 11:56 am
@rfinney0786,
One way to find out for sure - does it work properly? If not and you're still having problems follow the steps on the link I posted for you earlier.
rfinney0786

Sat 23 Jan, 2010 01:27 pm
@High Seas,
No It doesn't work. I'll try it - thanks!
rfinney0786

Mon 25 Jan, 2010 10:56 am
@rfinney0786,
I uninstalled the full feature package and followed the "work around" and the printer is still not working. It prints half a page, stops, then continuously prints page after page with one line of encrypted symbols...does anyone know what the problem is and/or how to fix it? Thanks
0 Replies

dadpad

Mon 25 Jan, 2010 06:41 pm
i seem to recall having a similar problem several years ago.
i have an idea it is related to the usb root hub somehow, but not very sure about that.
i did the following with xp and that seemed to fix the problem but not so sure it will work with win7. btw i have a hp 2010 all in one with win 7 now, and it works fine.

do you have the original disc that came with the printer?
if so
uninstall any hp programs using windows add/remove programs.
turn off your printer and physically disconnect it from the computer and power supply. disconeect the usb cable both from the printer and the computer. (unplug both ends)
turn off your computer and physically disconnect it from the power supply. (yes pull the plug out of the wall.)
wait 20 minutes
plug in and turn on your computer. Do not plug your printer in until you are told to by the installation software
install the hp software.
plug in the printer when advised by the software. follw any onscreen prompts.

hopefully you are good to go.

if not.

delete software, turn off and diconnect printer and computer, wait 20 mins.
turn on computer, reconnect printer follow onscreen prompts.
you should be able to use the printer without the hp software.
just select <print> select the printer from the available options and click OK.
rfinney0786

Wed 27 Jan, 2010 02:55 pm
@dadpad,
I followed your instructions and so far everything is working properly. Thanks very much for your help!
dadpad

Thu 28 Jan, 2010 01:59 am
@rfinney0786,
hope it works alright for you.
i believe the problem is caused by unplugging usb connections without using the "safely remove hardware and eject media'' application that windows has.
even unplugging your ipod or mp3 player may cause your printer (or other usb hardware) to malfunction or not be recognised.

If you have problems with usb devices just turn your computer off at the wall and unplug for 20 minutes.
oh and look for updtaes on Hp site or auto update if you reinstalled the original software
0 Replies

dadpad

Thu 28 Jan, 2010 02:01 am
@rfinney0786,
i'll mail the invoice.
full an prompt payment is appreciated.

Laughing
0 Replies

jessicamichael

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 10:02 pm
@rfinney0786,
Hey there!
If it’s a word doc that you are trying to print and if you are seeing some garbled characters on the print, check in the Print Preview screen if these characters or symbols are visible.
If visible, you need to disable the option in your Microsoft word. If not visible, then uninstall your Office package and reinstall it. If the issue persists, then try to update the printer driver. Check if your printer has to be updated to the latest version of the driver and if so, do it and try printing.
If this did not help, then try to update an alternate driver for your printer and check if the issue is resolved.

I would also suggest printing another file of the same program or a file from another program to see if the issue is with the application or the printer.

Let me know after trying these so that can help you further.

Cheers!
edgarblythe

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 10:06 pm
@jessicamichael,
This is a very old thread. Likely the printer and the person's computer have been replaced by now.
0 Replies