Letterman on Limbaugh

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 11:30 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Way I see it, Limbaugh gets all sorts of discussion on many threads. There are many good arguments against him there. This however is the mockery thread. If you want something else, start another thread or go to one that's already established. Of course, if you want to moan and bitch, who's to stop you.

No one. It's just that I have observed that a very high percentage of liberal posts contain either mockery with no actual argument, or else claims with no evidence, e.g. "Bush lied."
VERY TRUE.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 11:36 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Way I see it, Limbaugh gets all sorts of discussion on many threads. There are many good arguments against him there. This however is the mockery thread. If you want something else, start another thread or go to one that's already established. Of course, if you want to moan and bitch, who's to stop you.

No one. It's just that I have observed that a very high percentage of liberal posts contain either mockery with no actual argument, or else claims with no evidence, e.g. "Bush lied."
VERY TRUE.

It has been stated so very well, not just dozens, but hundreds of times. How many times should someone have to write: The sky is blue. 1 + 1 = 2 before they can quit? Now we often just refer to it without spelling it out because everyone including you knows what it means.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 02:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

VERY TRUE.

It has been stated so very well, not just dozens, but hundreds of times. How many times should someone have to write: The sky is blue. 1 + 1 = 2 before they can quit? Now we often just refer to it without spelling it out because everyone including you knows what it means.

Okay, henceforth, I'll make all sorts of accusations against liberals and claims for conservative ideas without a shred of proof because they've all been proven.
djjd62

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 02:26 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Okay, henceforth, I'll make all sorts of accusations against liberals and claims for conservative ideas without a shred of proof because they've all been proven.

go for it, it works for me

george bush rapes puppies

obama eats babies for breakfast

see, it's fun and liberating
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 02:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
Play silly games. See who it bothers.
BillRM

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 03:42 pm
@Brandon9000,
Bandon did you mind when your hero mock Mr. Michel J. Fox for the cime of having a serous health condition that result in him shaking?

Limbaugh seem to have no problem at all with mocking people that disagree with him so why are you crying and whining when others response in a similar manner to him?
djjd62

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 03:45 pm
@BillRM,
yeah that was terrible

fox was very shook up by the whole thing

Shocked

oh no you di'int
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 03:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Play silly games. See who it bothers.

I'm suggesting I do what you claim is valid for you to do. Those who cannot provide evidence for anything they assert claim that they shouldn't have to.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 03:49 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Bandon did you mind when your hero mock Mr. Michel J. Fox for the cime of having a serous health condition that result in him shaking?

Limbaugh seem to have no problem at all with mocking people that disagree with him so why are you crying and whining when others response in a similar manner to him?

I'm asking that people who make claims be prepared to support them, a radical notion, I know. A for the MJ Fox issue, I note that you include neither a quotation nor a link.
BillRM

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 04:08 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
A for the MJ Fox issue, I note that you include neither a quotation nor a link.

You are questioning that your hero mock Mr. Fox by doing a great shaking act?

I seen the video many times and I am sure going to Youtube you could enjoy your friend/hero shaking away.

Proving something that been on national TV many times by giving links seem overkill to say the least and very dishonest for you to had claimed a need for such a link or links.

However if you have the nerve to state that you are not aware of his performance and it is in need to be proven to you I will post a link or fifty links for your enjoyment.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 04:26 pm
@Brandon9000,
Knowing how very dishonest the right wing happen to be on average, I am not going to wait for you to make a fool of yourself by claiming that you had never seen the video of your hero shaking away in mocking Mr. Fox.

Here are two links one to the video of his shaking and the other is the Wikipedia article on Rush.

How very dishonest you people are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

digg.com/.../YouTube_video_of_Rush_Limbaugh_imitating_Michael_J_Fox_s_shaking?...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh#Michael_J._Fox_incident

Michael J. Fox incident
On the October 23, 2006 edition of his radio show, Limbaugh imitated on the "DittoCam" (the webcam for Web site subscribers to see him on the air) the physical symptoms actor Michael J. Fox showed in a television commercial raising Parkinson's disease awareness.[19][20] He said "(Fox) is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act ... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."[21]

Fox later appeared on CBS with Katie Couric and said he was actually dyskinesic at the time, a condition that results from his medication.[22]

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 04:30 pm
@Brandon9000,
You don't mind twisting a person's meaning. I never said "no evidence needed." I merely stated that hundreds of threads and posts exist to that purpose already. The purpose of this thread is something that offends you. Sorry. We have a right to fool around.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 05:06 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Knowing how very dishonest the right wing happen to be on average, I am not going to wait for you to make a fool of yourself by claiming that you had never seen the video of your hero shaking away in mocking Mr. Fox.

Here are two links one to the video of his shaking and the other is the Wikipedia article on Rush.

digg.com/.../YouTube_video_of_Rush_Limbaugh_imitating_Michael_J_Fox_s_shaking?...

Michael J. Fox incident
On the October 23, 2006 edition of his radio show, Limbaugh imitated on the "DittoCam" (the webcam for Web site subscribers to see him on the air) the physical symptoms actor Michael J. Fox showed in a television commercial raising Parkinson's disease awareness.[19][20] He said "(Fox) is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act ... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."[21]

Fox later appeared on CBS with Katie Couric and said he was actually dyskinesic at the time, a condition that results from his medication.[22]

At least now, you're attempting to support your claim, which is all I ask of anyone. Based on what you've posted, it's an accusation, not mockery. If you want to make a case that it's mockery, you need to provide further information.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 07:43 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Michael J. Fox incident

Bill, let 's assume that everything that u allege
against Rush is true: SO WHAT ?
I disagree with about maybe a third
of what I 've known him to advocate; no big deal.
He is expressing his opinion and pointing out things
about the world that he deems interesting.

Anyone can freely choose to listen to him or not.
I visited his TV show once maybe around 17 years ago,
but I did not listen to his radio show for years. NO BIG DEAL.

That did not influence my vote against Obama.

He 's only talking and discussing.
I very seldom listen to him, because I don 't ofen think about it.
U don 't have to if u don 't want to.

Whatever is true is true,
regardless of what he says about it.

If he claims that A + B = C
I will evaluate his claims on their own merit

the same as if u claim that something is true,
and I will not care whether Rush was shaking around or not.

David
Advocate

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 10:50 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Limbaugh has to be reckoned with. He is the leader of the Republican party. Have you not seen top Republicans bowing and scraping in his presence?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 10:57 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Limbaugh has to be reckoned with. He is the leader of the Republican party.
Have you not seen top Republicans bowing and scraping in his presence?
He is not the leader of the GOP. I saw no scraping.

I think its better to debate principles rather than personalities.
Remember: Rush is not running for any office.

I wish we had Ron Paul as President.

David
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 11:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Even Chairman Steele kowtows to Limbaugh. Even if we be split by our own political leanings, Rush's clear lies and pwrsonal habits should warrant disdain instead of worship. Hes a buffoon and a lying one at that.
I like the words of guys like Ron SMith or G Gordon Liddy. I rarely agree with theior arguments but have to pay attention to their own facts. G Gordon has often "broken ranks" with the Limbaugh ass-kissers and has come to conclusions diametrically opposed to Rush on the same issues.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 12:43 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
G Gordon has often "broken ranks" with the Limbaugh ass-kissers
and has come to conclusions diametrically opposed to Rush on the same issues.
Goldwater woud too; so woud I.

I don 't believe that Rush is conservative enuf

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 07:12 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
At least now, you're attempting to support your claim, which is all I ask of anyone. Based on what you've posted, it's an accusation, not mockery. If you want to make a case that it's mockery, you need to provide further information

Nonsense did you see the video???????
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 07:14 am
@Advocate,
Quote:
Limbaugh has to be reckoned with. He is the leader of the Republican party. Have you not seen top Republicans bowing and scraping in his presence?

A proven drug addict is the leader of the far right Republican party truly amazing.
0 Replies