If You Could Live In Another Country, Which Would You Choose?

aidan

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2010 11:23 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
If you could live in another country, which one would you choose?

The US. Along with England, it's my favorite country. Like England, it's connected - not isolated -easy to travel within and to other countries from.
But even moreso than England it's very diverse and variable. You can drive from Maine to Florida and pass through regions where the way of life and population of people are so different you feel as if you've passed through three different countries. I like that- and I've never been to another country that offers that.
Quote:
What conditions would you need fulfilled in order to live content life?

I would need to be surrounded by natural beauty or somewhere where it was easily accessible. I can't be landlocked. I like the east coast because I understand and appreciate the rhythm of the lifestyle and the directness of the people there.
If I ever move back to the US, I'd live either in the Florida keys, North Carolina or upstate New York. Any of those places would afford me access to decent sized cities with the sort of culture I enjoy - and the ocean not too far away for me to enjoy it more than once a year.

Quote:
Would foreign languages be an obstacle or an advantage?

No, but if I lived near Miami - I might be inspired to learn Spanish.
Quote:
What aspects of life would be a draw or a setback in figuring in your choice?

I would have to leave England which I like just as much in different ways for different reasons.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:05 pm
Canada
Specifically Montréal.
I've got a place in the Plateau neighborhood all picked out.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
There is no great cheeseburger in all of England - you are atta luck
Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:14 pm
uruguay
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:40 pm
@Linkat,
Why Uruguay, Linkat?
Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 03:50 pm
@CalamityJane,
No reason - other than when we went to see the tall ships this past summer, Uruaguay was one of the littliest, but the funniest.

The people on the ship representing their country were very friendly and answered all our questions, they had some steel drum playing and reggae type music going on. I got a brochure on their little country (couldn't read a word on it as I'm not well versed in Spanish - more French).

Looked them up - they are the next to smallest country - it is rated the least corrupt Latin American country, policitical and labor conditions are among the freest, one of the most economically developed countries in S. America with a high quality of life. It looks beautiful and many in S. America go there for vacation.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 06:22 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

There is no great cheeseburger in all of England - you are atta luck

<<<<<<<<<<<<AUGGGGH>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/simpsons-the-scream-4900914.jpg
How do the even live and breathe in England?
0 Replies