Everything you need to know about LOST in 8:15 (Seasons 1-5)

tsarstepan

Mon 1 Feb, 2010 09:46 pm
@Irishk,
I'm staying away from trailers to avoid any possible spoilers.
Irishk

Mon 1 Feb, 2010 09:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
Oops.

Well, in that case, I'm glad I didn't tell you what I think I saw when I played the clip in slow-mo LOL.
0 Replies

djjd62

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 07:09 am
@tsarstepan,
wow, according to a screener copy somebody saw, here's some of what we can expect in this season

A magicians trunk washes ashore & the castaways learn tricks to scare away natives.

A storm washes an international underwater telephone cable onto the shore of the lagoon.

The Harlem Globetrotters crashland on the island and challenge the lostees and the others to a basketball game
tsarstepan

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 07:20 am
@djjd62,
http://img2.blogcu.com/images/d/a/r/darthvader2000/407px-akashi_gidayu_writing_his_death_poem_before_comitting_seppuku.jpg
With your heinous spoiler based transgression, it's either you or me djjd! Mad
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 07:23 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

The Harlem Globetrotters crashland on the island and challenge the lostees and the others to a basketball game

Well I was hoping for Scooby Doo and the gang to become stranded on the island! And Scrappy Doo aligning up with Charles Widmore, they'd be the ultimate villain duo.
djjd62

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 07:56 am
@tsarstepan,
i have a feeling the screener might have been a box set of gilligan's island
0 Replies

djjd62

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 08:01 am
http://outtheother.typepad.com/blog/2010/02/lost-season-six-mix.html

http://outtheother.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451aecf69e201287740b6d4970c-500wi

Tomorrow marks the premiere of the sixth and final season of my favorite television show, LOST. Over the past month, I've been re-watching the entire series to prep myself for its (hopefully) grand conclusion, and I've been so excited I can barely stop to breathe. I'm serious - there has never been a TV show that has gripped me so tightly, occupied so many square inches of my brain, and kept me on the absolute tippiest part of my toes, about to fall straight off my seat. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW.

To celebrate the premiere, the final season, and one of the best shows to ever appear on a television screen, I present Out the Other's LOST Season Six Mix.

download at the link on top

1. The Features - Still Lost
2. Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
3. Andrew Bird - Fiery Crash
4. The Whitest Boy Alive - Island
5. Ben Folds Five - Kate
6. Howlies - Smoke
7. Ryan Adams - I See Monsters (mp3)
8. Novisplit - Doctor
9. Soul Coughing - So Far I Have Not Found the Science
10. The Boy Least Likely To - Faith (George Michael cover)
11. Grizzly Bear - While You Wait For the Others
12. Blitzen Trapper - Black Rock
13. Generationals - Angry Charlie
14. Iko - Numbers
15. The Gerbils - Penny Waits
16. John Vanderslice with Spoon - Time Travel Is Lonely
17. Chin Up Chin Up - Get Me Off This ******* Island
18. Phoenix - Lost and Found

(thanks to yewknee for the awesome artwork!)
littlek

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 05:48 pm
Looks like the Lost Supper.
djjd62

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 05:49 pm
the mix looks great, but i think the download link is bad, i've emailed the uploader
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 05:59 pm
@djjd62,
2. Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
I love that song! Heard it awhile back on All Songs Considered. I got the single song from the amazon.com MP3 store.
djjd62

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 06:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
the whole album is very good, he's an acquired taste for sure
0 Replies

Irishk

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 06:11 pm
@littlek,
LOL!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 06:13 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Looks like the Lost Supper.

I wonder who is the Judas of the bunch?
djjd62

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 06:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
looking up who's who in the original, judas is the 4th head going form left to right (peter's body is in the fourth position, but he's leaning in past judas)

the lostees aren't portrayed in the same positions as the original, but sayid is the 4th person, but if you go by body position, then kate is the judas, as judas is the 5th body in the painting

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4b/%C3%9Altima_Cena_-_Da_Vinci_5.jpg/800px-%C3%9Altima_Cena_-_Da_Vinci_5.jpg
The Last Supper specifically portrays the reaction given by each apostle when Jesus said one of them would betray him. All twelve apostles have different reactions to the news, with various degrees of anger and shock. From left to right:
Bartholomew, James, son of Alphaeus and Andrew form a group of three, all are surprised.
Judas Iscariot, Peter and John form another group of three. Judas is wearing green and blue and is in shadow, looking rather withdrawn and taken aback by the sudden revelation of his plan. He is clutching a small bag, perhaps signifying the silver given to him as payment to betray Jesus, or perhaps a reference to his role within the 12 disciples as treasurer.[2] He is the only person to have his elbow on the table. Peter looks angry and is holding a knife pointed away from Christ, perhaps foreshadowing his violent reaction in Gethsemane during Jesus' arrest. The youngest apostle, John, appears to swoon.
Jesus
Apostle Thomas, James the Greater and Philip are the next group of three. Thomas is clearly upset; James the Greater looks stunned, with his arms in the air. Meanwhile, Philip appears to be requesting some explanation.
Matthew, Jude Thaddeus and Simon the Zealot are the final group of three. Both Jude Thaddeus and Matthew are turned toward Simon, perhaps to find out if he has any answer to their initial questions.
littlek

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 06:58 pm
No time to read your post DJ - will do later. Grabbing a beer, a nail file, and a blanket for three hours of Lostophilia.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 07:00 pm
@djjd62,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4b/%C3%9Altima_Cena_-_Da_Vinci_5.jpg/800px-%C3%9Altima_Cena_-_Da_Vinci_5.jpg
Isn't that bald guy on the far right John Locke? Wink
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 10:07 pm
Well.... that didn't disappoint.
tsarstepan

Tue 2 Feb, 2010 10:18 pm
@littlek,
Be wary of spoilage. I have to wait until tomorrow before being able to see it on Hulu. Hope you weren't being sarcastic....
http://mell89.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/fingers-crossed2.jpg
djjd62

Wed 3 Feb, 2010 06:24 am
well who saw that coming, multiple timelines

sayid ends up leading a ragtag group of jewish expatriates against hitler, jack ends up on endless flights firing doctors all over the country, kate finds walt wandering along the road alone and grooms him to be a pro football player

amazing
DrewDad

Wed 3 Feb, 2010 08:33 am
@tsarstepan,
No spoilers, but funny: http://www.theonion.com/content/video/final_season_of_lost_promises_to
0 Replies