Bad day cure... maybe.

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 03:46 pm
To make you feel really smart Wink

Quick laugh, then move on.

To make you appreciate what you have;

Well, this one made me smile Smile

This one's pretty gross, but really amusing... in a way.

And finially;

Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,806 • Replies: 10
No top replies

JPB

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 04:18 pm
Yep --- all kinds of stuff happening out there. Some funny, some ditzy, some not so funny.

How'd it go at school today?
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 04:23 pm
@JPB,
Errh, not to bed really.
We went over to Lilia's primary school first to tell her class, and now i know what an interrigation is like Wink
Rest of the day was pretty average, except that awkward feeling that everyone know's but doesn't know if they should tell me they know.
But little wrist bands with "Lilia's Legacy" soon found their way around the school, very few people didn't have one ut no, it wasn't me who handed them out, and i have no idea who did. Whoever it was, their pretty good at remaining secret.
BorisKitten

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 04:40 pm
I love these funny videos, myself. I think it's good for us to smile, even laugh at things... outside of our own lives.

And that's very cool about the bracelets!

Sending Warm Thoughts to you and yours.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 04:45 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
AbbieMcKenley wrote:
[...]
But little wrist bands with "Lilia's Legacy" soon found their way around the school, very few people didn't have one ut no, it wasn't me who handed them out, and i have no idea who did. Whoever it was, their pretty good at remaining secret.

Hi Abbie, I've been following your posts with interest for the last while, but haven't commented as yet.

I'm real sorry someone as young as your sister died. Quite tragic. I hope you and the rest of your family are coping a little better. You sound very brave.

The wrist band idea at Lilia's school was a nice little memorial her classmates did. A very thoughtful touch on their part. She is obviously missed very much.

Take care....
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 04:45 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Yeah, it's hard for folks sometimes to know what to say, or not say. They'll talk about her if you do. I have a couple friends who have lost their wives (both to cancer). They've both said that their spouse was a huge part of their lives for years. They didn't want to stop talking about their loved one just because they were gone. There are lots of good memories tucked away in people's minds. Hopefully they'll get more comfortable talking about it with time.

I'm glad someone thought of the bracelets.
BorisKitten

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 04:55 pm
@JPB,
You're right, JPB, that they'll talk about her if you do. I think our new friend Abbie is already wise enough to know this, somehow.

My own sister was killed one night, in 1979, by a drunk driver who ran a red light. She was 19 at the time, and I was 17. My sister and I were very close. I'd already been accepted to her college, across the state.

Afterwards, her college friends had a party in her memory. It was delightful (I did attend, and drove over for it).

We talked about her all night long, had a bonfire, cried a lot, and greeted the dawn with dry eyes.

It was so sweet of them; I'll always remember it with gratitude.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 04:59 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
AbbieMcKenley wrote:

Errh, not to bed really.
We went over to Lilia's primary school first to tell her class, and now i know what an interrigation is like Wink
Rest of the day was pretty average, except that awkward feeling that everyone know's but doesn't know if they should tell me they know.
Abbie, in the future, when it comes to your attention
that someone in your environment (e.g. your school or place of business, etc.)
has had a loss in the family, how will u socially address the situation ?
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 05:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I guess that really depends on how the death occured.
Theres differnt types of death really isn't there? Theres the expected type, that i guess i'd be able to sypathise with a lot more, the unexpected type, which i suppose that i'd still understand the feelings, just not as well and the sort of expected but not right now type. And maybe more, with differnt types inside those.

I've noticed how much it means to just "be there" and how much i detest the phrase "you've got to be strong".
It depends how well i know them, if it's someone i don't really know too well, i'll let them be with people who they're closer with until it's right for people perhaps not so close to swarm.
If it were my best friend then of course i'd be right there. Just talk and let them talk i guess is all that anyone can do. Neutral
0 Replies

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 05:33 pm
@BorisKitten,
That sounds great, she has really good friends.
I couldnt find a suitable little emotion thing to go with that so,
http://c2.api.ning.com/files/0TBAD1qQPqmXBjgTFWCorIcPeN*HgUMMtUZD0QPP0PtqYeWXFZsGhKfNPUhpu05ScHHE5yiQ4UPM3GmXfwpvdiPMRTtRadbA/hugs_to_you.jpg

Can i ask, because i've been told this a lot recently but the saying "Time heals" would you say that was true?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 06:07 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
AbbieMcKenley wrote:
Can i ask, because i've been told this a lot recently but the saying "Time heals" would you say that was true?
Yes; it definitely is true. "Time heals all wounds" IF the wounds were clean; i.e., devoid of bad emotions like guilt
or feelings qua unfinished business.

If (in a non-death situation) the wounds can subsequently
be cleaned by interaction with the other person involved,
then that can clear the way to full healing.
That was my experience.

In a situation like yours,
wherein u had a good relationship with Lilia,
time, by itself, will be enuf. In time, u will be able to discuss it painlessly.

David
0 Replies