which beer is the best in the world?

tsarstepan

Fri 3 Aug, 2018 11:23 am
@izzythepush,
How would you measure the beer's sweet/tart/sour/bitter ratio?

Of course, the sweeter or more sour it is? The greater the beer it will be.
izzythepush

Fri 3 Aug, 2018 11:51 am
@tsarstepan,
I don't really think like that, I like all sorts, but it has to have a taste, even if it's quite subtle.

I've not very good when I talk to people who really know their beer. With me it's a bit like Art, I know what I like, that doesn't mean it's good, it just means I like it.

Sorry if my answer's a bit crap.
cicerone imposter

Fri 3 Aug, 2018 03:31 pm
@izzythepush,
That's a good answer. I think most of us like or dislike the beer based on our own subjective taste. During my travels, I've tried to taste the beer of the country I'm visiting (around 88 countries in 128 trips). There hasn't been a beer I didn't like. I remember in Dublin, I went into a pub and ordered a Guinness. I was the only one in the pub, but I did enjoy the beer. I know I've mentioned this before, but we had a a2k meet at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street in London, and we had a good size gathering there. The ambiance makes a lot of difference, IMHO.
http://www.travelswithbeer.com/2010/05/16/ye-olde-cheshire-cheese-fleet-street-london/
tsarstepan

Tue 14 Aug, 2018 12:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
tsarstepan

Wed 26 Sep, 2018 07:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
cicerone imposter

Wed 26 Sep, 2018 07:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
I've had so many beers from around the world, they all taste the same.
As to wines, ....
What I drink most is Bud lite, and that's only a few times a year. I enjoy red wine with my meals more than beer.
tsarstepan

Mon 8 Oct, 2018 01:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 8 Oct, 2018 01:23 pm
in the : this is a small weird world category

https://spearheadbeer.com/brewery/#

my across the street neighbour inherited his house from his stepmother - also named Beth - and also owning a dog called Bailey. He didn't seem to be around a lot lately.

I went to Royal Agricultural Winter Fair 2 years ago - fell in love with a beer.

A Moroccan Brown Ale.

https://spearheadbeer.com/brewery/#

It won awards. Yup. Tasty damn stuff.

Go to the Legion -mention it - they don't carry it but the bar steward creates a fake for me - and then says - you know that's Josh's beer? what? who? Josh, the bbq master on Canada Day. Oh. My neighbour.

I look him up - he owns Spearhead - and has just built a brewery in my hometown. okay. That explains the Spearhead trucks we see on the block nearly every week - they're delivering kegs for him to take out to bars to introduce.

sooo... I'm on FB ... chatting with a hometown friend/someone I used to babysit, nearly <cough> 50 years ago <cough>. He's just had a fun gig, backing up a friend at a music/storytelling night at a brewery. mmmhmm Spearhead. Yeah that Josh is a great guy and have you tried his beers? matter-of-fact, yes. love the beer and he's my neighbour here in the tdot.

___

Try Spearhead - some brilliant beers.

Who thought pineapple in beer would be a good idea?

Quote:
As the name suggests, this bold, hoppy West Coast pale ale is brewed Hawaiian style—with pineapple. It is naturally carbonated, unfiltered and dry-hopped to provide a delicate carbonation and complex flavour and bouquet. This perfectly “imbalanced” pale ale has a crisp citrusy character with hints of tropical fruit, zest and pine, and leaves a refreshingly dry finish.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 19 Oct, 2018 07:12 am

https://i.imgur.com/Uho5zeo.jpg
Not sure if the foam on the top of the beer (which purpose is reportedly to keep the beer from going completely flat ... for a longer period of time) is kamiawa or the bubbles in the beer are considered the god bubbles.
cicerone imposter

Fri 19 Oct, 2018 05:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
When we were kids, we used to harvest hops in Sacramento. Here's the lowdown on hops. Why do hops preserve beer?
Hops contain pinhead-sized glands of lupulin, a sticky substance that's secreted when boiled. Lupulin contains the essential oils, bitter acids, and resins that do the following four big jobs in beer making — a lot of work for a tiny flower: ... Help preserve the beer.
The Importance of Hops for Brewing Beer - dummies
izzythepush

Fri 19 Oct, 2018 06:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I just had a bottle of this Belgian beer which takes the piss out of the Maybot. Couldn't resist, and it's a pretty decent beer.

https://untappd.akamaized.net/site/beer_logos_hd/beer-2596068_237c9_hd.jpeg
glitterbag

Tue 23 Oct, 2018 01:27 am
@izzythepush,
My taste in beer is unrefined...Some foods scream out for a beer, like steamed blue channel crabs..........

One of my favorite cousins was a brewmaster for Carling's. They had a brewery in Baltimore County which was very original for this area. When you traveled to Baltimore, the major highway would take you past the building and the Still (I'm not sure if that's what it's called - but it was huge) was visible thru the large windows. During the energy crisis of 1972, Carling's dimmed the lights and never turned them back on.. The brewery was sold to another beer company, and eventually the Carling's label shut down ...and I'm not sure if it's still brewing beer anywhere. Now that I've put everyone to sleep, I'll move along.
izzythepush

Tue 23 Oct, 2018 02:06 am
@glitterbag,
My taste in beer is like my taste in Art. I know what I like and that's about it. My taste in wine is pretty down market. I can't drink red, and I like really cheap Italian.
tsarstepan

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 09:36 am
@izzythepush,
Banana Breath

Tue 18 Dec, 2018 10:49 am
@tsarstepan,
I'm not recommending this one, but maybe a candidate for weirdest beer of the day.

http://dailyliked.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/pizza-beer.jpg
tsarstepan

Wed 9 Jan, 2019 03:11 pm
@Banana Breath,
tsarstepan

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 10:10 am
@tsarstepan,
Coined a new appropriate word from a word game:
Banana Breath wrote:

punted

Pinted should be a word.
"Adjective: The feeling of contentment that follows drinking ones first pint of beer or hard cider of the day."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 10:26 am
Last December I got a special introductory box of 20 craft beers for £19.99 from a company called Flavourly. The package included two glasses and a magazine, (allegedly worth £5, but I can't imagine anyone paying that for it.

I also got a beer advent calendar featuring mostly German beers with a few Czech and Danish beers in the mix.

The beers from Flavourly were very good, and definitely worth more than I paid for them. However, the hype in the magazine was well over the top, these beers were all crowd funded and had been commissioned based on what their members wanted.

I wasn't sold at all, the German beers were every bit as good if not better and nobody had bothered crowd funding them. I won't be one of Flavourly's regular customers, but if they come up with another cut price offer I'll take advantage.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 15 Feb, 2019 09:37 am
@izzythepush,
https://i.imgur.com/C5kjVe5.jpg
Visit 71 breweries over 197 driving hours and 11,984 miles.

If you undertake this mega journey then you will visit all 71 American breweries in RateBeer's list of the top 100 breweries in the world.
kimgood

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 08:38 am
@izzythepush,
Irish beer is the best !
0 Replies