which beer is the best in the world?

Walter Hinteler

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 09:36 am
If you have a free weekend (and some spare money for the flight), you should go to "World´s Longest Beer Garden": this weekend, August 4th to 6th, 2017, the 21th International Berlin Beer Festival offers 2,400 brands of beers from 344 breweries from 87 countries ...
izzythepush

Thu 3 Aug, 2017 10:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I'll have to make do with this.

http://www.beerfestuk.com/southampton17.html
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 13 Aug, 2017 06:06 am
Ragman and I met up in London yesterday, and we had a good time. He's a spritely bugger, at Covent Garden tube station he shot up the stairs and I had to follow him. 192 of the bastards, the equivalent of a 15 storey building, after that I was bloody knackered for the rest of the day.
Ragman

Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:31 am
@izzythepush,
A good time was had by all. That was an amazing journey through the legendary London. I was blown away that I could manage navigation of the Tube and the solo trip to meet Izzy on my 2nd day. Maxine was busy with her family so she will have to meet him another time and looks fed to it.

Much appreciated the tour from Izzy and his fab Family. What a fine group. I hoped that our field trip wasn't too much of a marathon. Our trip up the towering staircases at Coventry station was an error on my part. I saw the lift line and balked. When I saw 193 steps I thought "How bad can that be?" Little did I know!

However, all that being said, That trip to Hyde Park, Regent and Oxford Streets was lots of fun. In one day, we're off to France for 5-6 days before returning to London.

Today my adventure trip with my SO Maxine and her young cousin and her family was to Camden Town, Camden Market and Camden Lock. We toook a ride . Love taking the Tube today, too. Couldn't find just the right hat. On my Upcoming trip to France I might get lucky.

Also, I was the fortunate recipient of Izzy's kind generosity - 2 types of brews. Had brew #1 as soon as I got home, being quite parched after the tour..
izzythepush

Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:37 am
@Ragman,
Camden Market is one of my favourite parts of London. Pleased to hear you're still enjoying your hols. Had we looked at the path we took beforehand we would never have taken it, but it's one of those walks where the next bit is straight ahead. I'm going to give the stairs at Covent Garden a miss next time.
Ragman

Sun 13 Aug, 2017 10:56 am
@izzythepush,
If there wasn't a massive crowd it might've been a bit easier, to say the least. London truly amazes me at its diversity of people as well as its gorgeous architecture.
izzythepush

Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:29 am
@Ragman,
There usually is a massive crowd, especially in the parts we went to. There certainly is a lot of diversity, but there's also a lot of tourists in Covent Garden and Piccadilly Circus.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 18 Aug, 2017 03:35 pm
Last December a small Belgian inspired brewery opened up just round the corner from me. I only found out about it last week at the beer shop where I bought some for Ragman. I'd not tried them myself until tonight, they have a taproom open Fridays and Saturdays, and the beer is really good, really strong too.

https://cdn.honestbrew.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Unity-Congregate-Table-Beer-1.jpg

I had one of these on draught. Very nice.
http://unitybrewingco.com/taproom/
0 Replies

iamsam82

Sun 20 Aug, 2017 04:53 am
@Ragman,
Speckler is AWESOME, but it's an ale. Posted my favourite ales (which generally I prefer to lagers) ages ago. However, for summer drinking, I've recently taken to preferring lagers like Corona. Second that sun's behind the clouds again, I'm back with my flat, room temperature mistress though.
0 Replies

yying0303

Wed 30 Aug, 2017 09:27 pm
@maltecozar,
Qingdao beer is the best for me.
0 Replies

Dean Haustead

Wed 13 Sep, 2017 11:48 pm
@maltecozar,
If want to know my Opinion, I Will tell you that Germany's beer Is best In the World, and Germany Beer Festival is Awesome.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sun 17 Sep, 2017 01:06 pm
cicerone imposter

Sun 17 Sep, 2017 07:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
I had a beer at the oldest pub in Gibraltar, the Star Bar http://www.starbargibraltar.com/our-menu/ (they ruined the ambiance of the Star Bar by their renovation), and at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese in London http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/place/605551-ye-olde-cheshire-cheese#VYhuGVxWV5G9tem3.97. Even had a able2know meet there although that was some years ago. I don't remember the beer, but the ambiance of both places were exceptional.
tsarstepan

Fri 6 Oct, 2017 07:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
Now for something slightly different:
cicerone imposter

Sun 8 Oct, 2017 10:50 am
@tsarstepan,
Creative craftsmanship: Something that's been disappearing. I took a metalwork class in high school, and your video reminded me of that this many years later. I'm now 82. One of my project was a large nut and bolt. I still have some metal working tools including a metal drill that I haven't used for many decades.
tsarstepan

Fri 13 Oct, 2017 09:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
0 Replies

Angelaleonard

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 06:16 am
@BorisKitten,
I don't drink sorry i cant tell you guys...
0 Replies

panzade

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 08:01 am
Somebody help me with this map

https://imageshack.com/i/pnvhPUu3j
izzythepush

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 09:39 am
@panzade,
Popular meaning biggest sales, that's why it's a load of crap beers.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 26 Oct, 2017 10:51 am
@panzade,
What kind of help are you looking for?