Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 07:56 pm
I ran across a really interesting web site written by a victim rather than a professional regarding coping/living with COPD ranging from breathing exercises to diet.
http://www.copd-international.com/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,996 • Replies: 11

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 08:00 pm
@dyslexia,
Find anything useful for you?

How's the steenking theeng going, anyway?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 08:07 pm
@dyslexia,
That reminds me, did you get down to the SS office, and keep leaning on them till they did something useful?

Well then, do it Monday. Call it nagging if you wish; if I charged $100/hr to tell you the same thing, you would call it valuable advice.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 08:12 pm
@dyslexia,
victim?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 08:26 pm
Dys has low weight, as usual, and to go sit in an office for x hours is a big pain deal, what with broken hip in ill repair, and so on.
I gave him a phone number for getting connected to medicare but - who knows - maybe not the right one, or maybe endless waiting.

Until now I couldn't drive him, and represent him, but maybe now I could. Diane can, if she has the data and the place.

Dys, I think you can manage your copd - you need clear instructions. In the meantime you are at christalmighty low weight.

I'll break bonds here and yammer online that you see a doctor.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 10:27 pm
Dys - eat! We worry, we worry!
msolga

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:19 pm
I don't want to do a number on you, dys, or make you feel guilty, or anything like that ... just please do look after yourself.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:19 pm
@littlek,
I always try to sit next to the Dys, hoping our weights will somehow equalize. I feel like I've been letting him down in spite of my best efforts.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 12:41 am
@dyslexia,
Unlike Ms. Olga, I'm trying to make you feel guilty.

And ashamed of yourself.

And anything else anyone can think of.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 06:15 am
I have COPD. I didn't see the following advice on the link. I check my breathing level daily. If it goes below a certain point, I take additional meds (inhaler) to get the level up. If it goes down too far without being detected, it's a lot harder to get it back up.

Said it before, and I'll say it again. Please take good care of yourself, kid.
roger

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 02:43 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta, how do you check your breathing level?
Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 05:05 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Roberta, how do you check your breathing level?

I have a peak flow meter. I set it to my normal peak. After recently having anesthesia, the peak got lower (not a surprise). I check to make sure that it doesn't go far below. When I'm below my peak, I take Proventil. It gets me to the peak in about 15 minutes.
0 Replies