Politics, An end to American, domination.

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 08:43 am
Hi
The British Empire, lasted about 350 years, and ended after two world wars that cost the lives of over 70 million people world wide. American, domination started where the British Empire, ended at the end of the second world war in 1945
At the moment it looks very much like American, Military and economic power may not quite last one hundred years.
At the moment it looks like the end of American, power will not be with a war, but with an Obesity epidemic, and a bounced cheque. preceded by the meek inheriting the Earth, the Han Chinese.
I would like to know how Americans feel about this, and do you agree?
Dardardit,

George

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 08:45 am
The hegemony of the USA will outlast your stay on the planet, brother.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 08:47 am
@dardardit,
The comma, an end to literacy, readability.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 09:46 am
@dardardit,
Question back to you what nation is the technology leader of the world now and for the last 130 years or so?

Oh and who develop the internet you are using to do your trolling?
farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 10:07 am
@BillRM,
Yeh but how we know if technology work? we bomb other nations just for check on systems. OK plenty trickee.
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 10:20 am
@farmerman,
we bomb other nations just for check on systems
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always useful to have live fire exercises now and then is it not farmerman?
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:37 am
@BillRM,
Hi BillRM,
How are you trouble maker? I wondered where you had gone. Good to have you back.
Now I'm new at this you understand. OK, you asked a question. What nation is the technology leader of the world now and for the last 130 years. OR SO?
I don't know why you asked me that. Industrial history is not really my thing. Well it depends on what technological advances are the most world changing Well it was an English, scientist that found penicillin, and first used it, but it was an American, that found how to suspend the mould. and mas produce it. It was the Greeks that invented the steam turbine, but the English, were the first to put it to rail. The French, discovered radium. There are so many The English, made the first combustion engine out of a steam engine. Americans made the lite bulbs.It was the English I think that invented the computer ' I think', but it was the Americans, that invented the idea of the Internet, but I am not sure about that. I have heard that it was an English chap that had the idea of Internet, I will have to look that one up.
I would be guessing but I think it would be the Americans, That have done the most inventing. May be some other people would like to help you with this one.
Now could you please tell me what 'trolling is'?
Didn't you ask me how may aircraft carriers we lost in the second world war. Isn't it you that takes it personally when I said G W Bush, is a war criminal ? Isn't it you BillRM, that every time I asks a question you
don't like. You remind me that America won the first and second world war all by your selves. Even though You came in late in the first would war. America, came in the second world war two years late and kept trading with the Nazi's for that two years, before you came in two help the British, That at that point had held off both the Nazi's and the Japanese, and the Italian's.
Wait for it. Are you ready ? Here we go.
THANK YOU FOR WINING THE WAR!
Dardardit,
panzade

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:40 am
@dardardit,
Quote:
THANK YOU FOR WINING THE WAR!

As big a schmuck as you are, your saving grace is that you have a sense of humor. Laughing
dardardit

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:50 am
@panzade,
Hi Panzade,
Thank's Mate I new you would back me up! I don't Know why that BillRM, chap it so bitter.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 12:39 pm
@dardardit,
We never the first we are the ender when it come to conflicts such as the world wars.

We ended WW1 and WW2 in fairly short order all things consider.

And in the last 130 years we are the technology leader you needed to go before my cut off date to find many examples of others giving useful technology.

But to be helpful to you the English did came up with a working radar system before we did and the vacuum tube from the EDISON effect had the Englishman Fleming and a Austrian by the name of Lieben as two of the pioneers.

Sorry however but in computers the English did some interesting work aim at code breaking in WW2 but all and in all we was also were way ahead of them in that field also.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 02:10 pm
Side note concerning England and the development of computers to the shame of England Alan Turing was driven to suicide because he was a gay man.

He did more then anyone else to break the enigma code machine and yet after the war the government gave him the choice of either, two years in prison or female hormones treatments to kill his sex drive.

Instead of the two choices, he went the path of suicide instead,

Never could understand why the high place people in government who knew about his secret work and the debt owe him did not intervene.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 02:18 pm
The election of our so-called president - Obama signaled to the world that the bar had been lowered.
farmerman

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 02:33 pm
@H2O MAN,
I love how the GOP jerks that got us into this economic mess are giving advice as to how to get us out?

And just last night the cynical bunch of GOP douche bags , just to unanimously screw the HEalth Care bill , were holding up funding for our troops in the Mideast. Hows that for keeping partisan politics ahead of our national interest?.

LETS remember this when the next election cycle rolls around.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 02:51 pm
Quote:

At the moment it looks very much like American, Military and economic power may not quite last one hundred years.

Laughing

Don't bet on it, bro. The truth is that militarily, we will remain unchallenged for some time to come, simply for two reasons:

1, we enjoy a significant physical isolation from any of our allies, and
2, we spend 5 times as much on defense as all other countries combined.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 02:53 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I love how the GOP jerks that got us into this economic mess ...

Barny Frank is with the GOP?
roger

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 03:11 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Oh and who develop the internet you are using to do your trolling?

Why, Al Gore, of course.
BillRM

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 03:18 pm
@roger,
Why, Al Gore, of course
-----------------------------------
LOL
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 05:17 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:

If this doesn't epitomize a sick sick nation, I don't know what does.

And the greatest problem, the heart of the problem is that it isn't defense. All too often it's used as an exceedingly offensive offense.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 05:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I think we need to outsource....
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 07:02 pm
Hi Good morning,
I got a green thumb and a 5. I have never got higher than green 1. before now.
Aren't you chaps proud of me.
I am pleased that there have been so many reply's, but no one has answered my questions on American world domination coming to an end, and the meek Han Chinese, inheriting the world.
None of you have said if you believe this to by true. Just lots of Cowboys strutting about saying thing like we got the bomb.
Military power can be sustained with out economic power. Even if you do speak English, and all ways have the British, to help you.
Dardardit.