"King of the Jungle" on Animal Planet

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 11:13 pm
Roberta's picking up on the demographics thing. ;-)

We'll be unstoppable.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:36 am
I missed the finale. Kelly won? I knew it. The least qualified, least articulate person. Yes, she gets one show.

Mike is on Total Zoo, which airs in the morning. I don't know about the other competitors, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them again.

Phooey. Over all, I'd have to say that the show was a disappointment because of the judging. Too subjective under the best of circumstances. And too bizarre with Nigel running things.

I'll try to catch the final episode during the week. It's usually repeated somewhere and some time or other.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:38 am
dang..sorry to ruin it for ya.

Ive seen it on Sunday nights as a repeat.

Mike is on something? Thats fabulous. In the mornin huh? Well, unless that gets repeated at some evening time, I wont get to see it.

The demographics here were pretty apparent actually...do we know of any female animal host? Other than MrS. Crocodile Hunter?
Its way past time.

Just wish it wasnt Kelly...only because her words start to grate on your nerves for some reason. And you know, shes a competative snot. But, thats just MHO.

Agree, Nigel needs to not be the judge. Maybe a pnael of people without him, and certainly not him in charge.

The last episode was strange-you have to watch it if you can. I went from Jeremy to Adam to oh dang.Kelly.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:09 am
Quinn querida, You didn't ruin it for me. I knew I'd find the answer here. I was curious. I'll watch the show anyway.

Yes, if they have another such show, they're going to have to do something different with the judging.

And, yes, it was time for a woman to be host on a wildlife show. Just not that particular woman. C'est la vie.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2004 07:47 am
Are we ready for #2?

Tuesdays at 8 on Animal Planet

http://media.animal.discovery.com/fansites/koj/koj.html

I think this one could prove to be much more interesting having less animal savy types in the mix.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 04:15 am
Quinn, I watched. I gagged. What was that? A weak imitation of Survivor with animals thrown in. I'm disappointed big time.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:56 am
Yeah, Survivor with a soft side--what is that???

Too bad. Very freakishly odd.

The host is better although you know, really better for the guys watching but, certainly an improvement.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:52 am
Quinn, Jeff Corwin was the host last time. You're not referring to him, are you? I assume you're thinking about good old Nigel. Ssssssssssss.

This pride business is a direct lift from Survivor's tribes. The Lion Pit is idiotic. I don't think I'll be watching. Although I have to admit that the lion cubs were mighty cute.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:33 pm
Yes, Nigel took over as host and poor lovely Jeff was just in a bad place-poor guy. Nigel was horrid so, thats a plus but, this gal-although able to pull in some male viewers perhaps-seems stiff and impersonal.

Yes, its different from Survivor and I really liked the way it was set up last year with them all trying to find animals and film and all that--this silly pick two and duke it out is silly. The pit is the silliest thing-I agree.
I had my hopes up when they started with the sled pool but, after that nothing really interesting other than small tidbits of animals and then, its not interesting enough to keep my attention. I'll give it one or two more weeks but, I dont think Ill keep tuned in either. Its too bad.
0 Replies