"King of the Jungle" on Animal Planet

Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 06:52 pm
Embarrassed Yes, he is. Sigh.

I guess I'm not the only one who noticed. LOL
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 01:03 pm
Nah..kinda like Ty over on Trading Spaces...everyone just thinks they're cute (well..lots of people at least)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 02:39 pm
Quinn, I knew that Ty was considered a cutie. I had no idea that Jeff was viewed that way by anyone other than me.

I forgot to respond to your question about Mike. He's the big, balding guy with the beard. I know who he is because I watch Total Zoo (also on Animal Planet), which is about the LA Zoo. He's appeared on the show. So I'm rooting for him because I actually know who he is.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 05:23 pm
ah..thought that might be the one but, wasnt sure...yeah, even without seeing him before hes another good one to root for.

Oh gosh yes, Jeff has a quiet following I guess but, most agree...he's a jem.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 08:40 pm
man o man...I was crossing my fingers there for Aletris

whew

thank goodness for tree frogs!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 01:47 am
That test reminded me of the bird house at the Bronx Zoo. You walk into a room set up as natural habitat. And you say, "Where are the birds?" Eventually they become visible. But it takes quiet and patience. It's also fun to listen to people as they enter the rooms. "Where are the birds?"

I have a feeling that they got rid of the second judge because he and Nigel didn't agree. I also have a feeling that the same thing is happening with this new judge. Why don't they just let Nigel be the judge. I thought he was way off in his assessment of the tiger transfer. I know you're rooting for Aletris, but I thought her group wasn't that good. The first group seemed to be the best to me.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 12:59 pm
I agree..the first group seemed better however, the following groups had to do the test with these little fellas after the others had..that would have an effect on the outcome. They should have put two new tigers in for each one.
YEAH...what about loosing Wild World of animals judge and replacing him...I think Nigel is a twit and he's a twit with everyone so..basically its useless to try to get someone to work well with him. Just me though.
Im rooting for Aletris but, I think Mikes gonna win in the end.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 04:10 pm
You think Mike's gonna win? We haven't really heard him speak on camera yet. I don't know about his screen presence. Also the blond guy has a chance.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 07:30 am
If Mike has any screen presence...I think hes got it. Yeah, some of the rest do have a good chance.

I like the previews for next week...the girls go at it...that lends a real Reality TV edge to it..maybe you and I wont be the only people watching Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 02:05 pm
Yes, the promo looks interesting. I know that you're rooting for Aletra, and I think she has a good chance. But she's starting to irritate me. Not sure why. BTW, this is not a surprise. I'm easlily irritated.

I have a feeling that it's you and me till the bitter end. Other folks don't know what they're missing.

I'm nervous about the poisonous snakes next week. I have to assume that people signed waivers not holding the production responsible for injuries. Did you notice the king cobra?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 05:05 pm
I think shes easily irritated so..its just working against your feelings for her...I mean..shes got blondie and mr vet man around 24/7...Id be irritated myself. PLUS you've got Nigel giving the word on every little thing you do....I wouldnt be surprised if someone wanted to kick his butt at some point here shortly after the show....just a feeling.

Yeah, they just dont realize what they're missing..thats okay..we know the good stuff.

They had to sign waivers of all sorts is my guess with all this animal handling and hazardous challanges. Yeah, that king looked impressive...good for them for going up against it..well, if they do.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 01:07 am
Between the vet and Nigel, it's amazing anyone ISN'T irritated. And they've got Jeff sitting in his comfy, air-conditioned digs listening to every word they say back at camp.

The snakes could make or break a number of people.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 08:41 am
Yes, and I was interested to find out that this is there everyday...the station has just stretched it out over the last 4 weeks for us...yikes.

The other blonde who has gotten over her fear of heights I dont think will do well with the snakes for some reason.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 05:33 pm
Could it be the promo with her looking terrified? Weeping with fear? Well, there's nothing like a few venomous snakes to separate the Kings of the Jungle from the wimps.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 06:20 pm
Yeah....the promo makes me think she might not be all that happy about it.

This could be a good deciding factor...everyone picks up snakes on these things so..out with the whimps...every one of them.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 04:59 pm
I'm sure that the vet is more than a little trepidant as well. From dogs and cats to cobras.

I once petted a boa constrictor. Not poisonous, I know. But big.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:22 pm
Actually snakes dont bother me, had a friends python slither across me on the couch unexpecttedly once without anything other than a 'well hello'...I think its a personal thing and really doesnt stand on what you're used to although being around them more and handling them, all that helps certainly--especially if you are of the 'ut oh its a snake' personality type.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 06:11 pm
I find snakes fascinating. If I could come back in another life, one choice (not the top choice) would be to come back as a snake--just for the total difference in perception and the cold-bloodedness.

Nonpoisonous snakes are one thing. Poisonous? I'm gone. Very scary. We'll know soon enough who doesn't pass the test.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 08:50 pm
Well....my prediction is that Jeremy, Mike, Aletris and Adam should make it as the final four...but, what do I know?

I think the vet actually sounded alot more toned down but, yeah..I wouldnt watch him very often if he was on..like I dont watch Nigel. So, its not like breakin my heart he took the walk tonight.

I think one of the two blonde chicks will be going next time. Playing with large Tigers...looks even more interesting than the snakes. Loved the leopard stopping in though.

The only snakes Ive actually come across that scare the bejesus out of me are water mocs....but, more for the inability to really see them, get away if possible.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 12:58 am
I agree that one of the blondes will be next. However, you never know. Look what happened to Jarrod.

I also agree with you about who might be in the final four. I was pleased to see Mike do so well in the talking part of the competition. He really didn't have much of a chance to do much talking prior to this.

I loved the leopard. But you already knew that (see my avatar).

I'm eagerly looking forward to next week. Tigers! Big ones!

I once had a scary encounter with a water moc. We both survived unharmed. Whew. They are almost impossible to see. Great camouflage.

BTW, I checked out the Web site for Animal Planet. Jeff has lots of fans. You were right. We're quiet, but we're there.
0 Replies