THE IRREFUTABLE STUPIDITY OF SARAH PALIN

djjd62

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 09:48 am
ummm, couldn't you buy (or have bought for you) a visor from the hotel gift shop
Sarah Palin Explains John McCain Visor Incident
December 17th, 2009 2:01 PM

Former Alaska Governor and current famous person Sarah Palin says she meant no disrespect to Sen. John McCain by blacking out his name on a sun visor.

On vacation in Hawaii, Palin for some reason chose to wear a visor from her campaign emblazoned with McCain's name scribbled out with black marker.

Palin said she just wore it to stay under the radar (!?) and that the hotel where she and her family were staying had to chase away five photographers.

Here's the text of the statement she released today:

"I am so sorry if people took this silly incident the wrong way. I adore John McCain, support him 100 percent and will do everything I can to support his reelection."

"As everyone knows, I was honored and proud to run with him. And Todd and I were with him in D.C. just a week ago. So much for trying to be incognito."

So, in summation, Sarah Palin is saying that:

The visor could transform one of the most famous people in politics into a plan ol' ordinary soccer mom on a Hawaiian beach (wearing a shirt that said "If you don't like America, why don't you get the hell out?" no less).

Blacking out small print that simply read "McCain," as in her former running mate, somehow fit into this brilliant plan to make the visor more discreet.

The gesture was entirely devoid of motive.

i don't think it's a slam at McCain, but it's a stupid thing to do
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 10:09 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
The Reps have succeeded in getting a number of morons elected to the presidency. Consider the likes of Harding, Reagan, the Bushes, et al. Consider such VPs, who were only a chicken bone away from the presidency, as Agnew, Quayle, Cheney, et al.

Way true dat.

Like I've always said, Repubs have a decided predilection for voting in idiots. Maybe it would be a good thing for Sarah to become president.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 10:47 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I was just pointing out why we are very unlikely to be seeing that happen in the case of Palin.

And Advocate in his "Should Sarah Palin become president, ..." just speculated on the possibility.
0 Replies