THE IRREFUTABLE STUPIDITY OF SARAH PALIN

panzade

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 06:09 pm
@MASSAGAT,
I was just teasin, cause I think you meant to write "Left"...
But no, Palin isn't stupid; in fact I would describe her as cunning. What she represents is the first candidate that is not removed from the electorate. In other words she's the homemaker blue-collar candidate that says: "I'm not an intellectual or dogmatic, I'm just like you"

She really has little grasp of history and foreign culture...and people that support her like that.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Gargamel

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 07:21 pm
@MASSAGAT,
MASSAGAT wrote:
How do you know she has no grasp of History and Culture?

Ooh, ooh, can I answer this one?

Cuz she's a ******* dummy.
djjd62

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 07:45 pm
@panzade,
her grasp or lack of grasp of history and foreign culture aside

you're dead on about your assessment of her as a candidate and how she relates to the electorate

like george bush and all those seeds who wanted to go to a bar-b-q with him
MASSAGAT

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 03:00 am
@Gargamel,
Really, Gargamul? How do you know that? What is your definition of a "dummy" You are certainly able to make such a statement but without proof it is a throwaway.

Sarah Palin may not have the massive IQ of our President--a former president of the Harvard Law Review, who, as far as anyone is able to tell, received no extra help in being accepted to Harvard(AS FAR AS ANYONE IS ABLE TO PROVE) yet there are some people who, without proof, mind you, say that he was a recepient of Affirmative Action. Now, such a statement is bogus since there is no proof of such an action occuring.

But perhaps you have proof that Ms. Palin is a "dummy". Please provide.

Dummy means " a stupid person" Stupid means "mentally slow". Both are dictionary definitions.

Mentally slow can only refer to those people who are below a 90 IQ since I am sure that not even Garglemel would classify the 68 percent of the US population who have IQ's between 90 and 110 as "dummies".

Therefore, I await proof that Ms. Palin's IQ falls below 90.
MASSAGAT

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 03:01 am
@djjd62,
How does she relate to the electorate like george bush and all those seeds who wanted to go to a bar-b-q with him?
djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:36 am
@MASSAGAT,
she's simple, homey, not that it's the worst thing in the world if it's genuine, but it can also be a trick, like those used by carnies to sucker the rubes

see in my estimation, all politicians are scum, just gotta skim the surface (there's rarely much depth) and try to get the least scummy bits

0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:23 am
@MASSAGAT,
MASSAGAT wrote:
But perhaps you have proof that Ms. Palin is a "dummy". Please provide.

Wow. I appreciate the time and trouble you took to deconstruct my last post. And so I shall reward you with an elaboration, as you requested.

Sarah Palin is a dummy by virtue of her being a complete idiot.
Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:37 am
@Gargamel,
Your response is breathtaking in it's erudition.

I salute you, Koolaid Man!
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 10:34 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

She'd have to go a hell of a long way to match Reagan's contacts and supporters.

Poor little Advocate, can't accept that he might be wrong. Listen, bright boy, you said we don't need another Reagan. I was just pointing out why we are very unlikely to be seeing that happen in the case of Palin. I am really not interested in your obsessional hatred of Reagan and all things "Reaganesque."

I could not care less what your interests are. I just wanted to state some facts about Reagan for all readers to consider. It seems that you are too dense to comprehend these.
panzade

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 11:20 am
From a New Yorker book review of Palin's "Going Rogue"

Quote:
Nonetheless, Reagan the candidate personified the ideal of the citizen politician, so important to the rise of modern conservatism, and Palin is right to draw on his example. What she ignores, though, is the fact that Reagan, like Truman, immersed himself in solitary preparation.

A consultant to Reagan’s first political campaign, in 1966, when he ran for governor of California, reported that “his library is stacked with books on political philosophy.”

The radio scripts that he wrote and read in the nineteen-seventies, at a rate of five a week, were models of concise argument, as were his letters to contemporaries like William F. Buckley, Jr. But then Reagan, again like Truman, aspired to the heroic ideal.

It seems that in our culture the cult of the hero is being replaced with the cult of the celebrity as Daniel Boorstin pointed out:
Quote:
Daniel Boorstin distinguishes between heroes, whose higher example can “fill us with purpose, ” and celebrities"each his own fleeting “human pseudo-event”"who “are nothing but ourselves seen in a magnifying mirror.”
Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 12:30 pm
@Advocate,
You will produce nothing which i am unable to comprehend, not on the best day of your life. If you want to spew your hatred of Reagan, help yourself. Don't use my posts as your launching point, though, because i determine what the point is about what i write.

Much of what you claim are "facts" are simply your political prejudices. As it happens, i don't have a high opinion of Reagan as president either, but that was not what i was talking about. Of all the "liberals" at this site, you are the most blinded by your prejudices and hatreds, with the possible exception of Zippy, who only beats you because he's antisemitic.
Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 12:31 pm
@panzade,
Excellent observations in the piece you posted, Pan. Reagan prepared for his political career over many years, and a comparison with Palin just doesn't get it.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 12:53 pm
Really Dumb Palin Quotes

"Who calls a shot like that? Who makes a decision like that? It's a disturbing trend." "Sarah Palin, pushing a conspiracy theory that "In God We Trust" had been moved to the edge of coins because of the Obama administration (the change was made by the Bush administration in 2007 and was later reversed by Congress, before Obama took office).

"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil." "-Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care plan, Aug. 12, 2009

"Left Unalakleet warmth for rain in Juneau tonite. No drought threat down here, ever but consistent rain reminds us: 'No rain? No rainbow!'" --one of many Tweets by Sarah Palin that William Shatner recited as poetry on "The Tonight Show"

"I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

"How sad that Washington and the media will never understand; it's about country. And though it's honorable for countless others to leave their positions for a higher calling and without finishing a term, of course we know by now, for some reason a different standard applies for the decisions I make." --Sarah Palin, July 4, 2009

"It may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: 'Sit down and shut up,' but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out." --Sarah Palin, announcing her resignation as governor, July 3, 2009

"Let me go back to a comfortable analogy for me - sports... basketball. I use it because you're naive if you don't see the national full-court press picking away right now: A good point guard drives through a full court press, protecting the ball, keeping her eye on the basket... and she knows exactly when to pass the ball so that the team can WIN." --Sarah Palin, announcing her resignation, July 3, 2009

"Only dead fish go with the flow." --Sarah Palin, quitting, July 3, 2009

"Letterman certainly has the right to 'joke' about whatever he wants to, and thankfully we have the right to express our reaction. This is all thanks to our U.S. military women and men putting their lives on the line for us to secure America's Right to Free Speech - in this case, may that right be used to promote equality and respect." --Sarah Palin, misunderstanding the First Amendment, June 16, 2009

"That was fun!" --Sarah Palin, conducting an interview after pardoning a turkey for Thanksgiving while other turkeys were slaughtered in the background, Nov. 20, 2008

"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is." --Sarah Palin, on running for national office in the future, FOX News interview, Nov. 10, 2008

"John McCain and I, we love you and thank you for spending a few minutes to talk to me." --Sarah Palin, talking with Canadian radio prankster posing as French Presideny Nicolas Sarkozy, Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

"Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after the Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008

"We realize that more and more Americans are starting to see the light there and understand the contrast. And we talk a lot about, OK, we're confident that we're going to win on Tuesday, so from there, the first 100 days, how are we going to kick in the plan that will get this economy back on the right track and really shore up the strategies that we need over in Iraq and Iran to win these wars?" --Sarah Palin, suggesting we are at war with Iran, FOX News interview, Nov. 1, 2008

"If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media." --Sarah Palin, getting First Amendment rights backwards while suggesting that criticism of her is unconstitutional, radio interview with WMAL-AM, Oct. 31, 2008

"Absolutely not. I think that, if I were to give up and wave a white flag of surrender against some of the political shots that we've taken, that ... that would ... bring this whole ... I'm not doing this for naught." --Sarah Palin, asked about her plans for 2012 and whether she would disappear from the national political scene if she loses, ABC News interview, Oct. 29, 2008

"And Alaska -- we're set up, unlike other states in the union, where it's collectively Alaskans own the resources. So we share in the wealth when the development of these resources occurs. ... It's to maximize benefits for Alaskans, not an individual company, not some multinational somewhere, but for Alaskans." --Sarah Palin, explaining the windfall profits tax that she imposed on the oil industry in Alaska as a mechanism for ensuring that Alaskans "share in the wealth" generated by oil companies, New Yorker interview, Sept. 2008
0 Replies

MASSAGAT

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 10:04 pm
I am very much afraid, Gargalmel, that it is you who exhibit traces of idiocy.

An idiot is one who does not have mental powers beyond three or four years of age.

Your characterization is, of course, a gross overstatement. I do agree, of course, that Ms. Palin does not exhibit the "gravitas" needed for higher office. That is why she will not be included among the more prominent candidates and will inhabit a universe much like the one of Dennis Kucinich---a person who appeals to the loonies on the left just as Ms. Palin appeals to the loonies on the right.

The pitiful attempts to denigrate the right by attempting to make Ms. Palin its major standard bearer is doomed to failure just as those who rallied around the pitiful McGovern who was judged to be to the left of Che Guevara.
MASSAGAT

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 10:06 pm
@Setanta,
What a terrible thing to say about a true defender of the faith. Advocate, at least, is able to defend his ideas and does not blow anyone off with rude comments. Advocate has gone up in my estimation now that I know that you demean him. You, Setantu, are the biggest piece of excrement on these threads because you think you are never wrong. I have proved that many times but your ego is so fragile that you would never admit such a thing.

Why do you fear me so much? You attempt to influence people not to respond to my posts. Are you that afraid of other ideas? Are you still smarting from your defeat at my hands with regard to Liberal Fascism?

Poor Old Man. I hope that jerkwater college gave you a decent enough pension so you could feed your mangy mutt!
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 10:20 pm
I noticed that Palins popularity has gone up. Perhaps the name of this site should be THE IRREFUTABLE STUPIDITY OF THE U.S. VOTER. After all we elected Bush twice. No,I dident vote for him either time.
MASSAGAT

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 10:30 pm
@rabel22,
Don't worry, rabel22. The popularity of Palin is just an abberation. If she was to be elected to anything important(It won't happen) her Job Approval Rating would decline as fast as President Obama's has. You do know, of course, that a recent Gallup Poll showed President Obama to have less that 50% support of the American People.
Gargamel

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:16 am
@MASSAGAT,
MASSAGAT wrote:
I am very much afraid, Gargalmel, that it is you who exhibit traces of idiocy.

An idiot is one who does not have mental powers beyond three or four years of age.

Oh, my. I see what you did there!

What you did was you changed the subject of dialogue to me, Gargamel. So that one minute we were talking about how Sarah Palin is idiotic, and then suddenly, BAM, you inserted my name where hers should be. Oh, if only I had the mental powers to execute such a slight!

In any event, I'm sorry I made of your girlfriend, who, now that I think of it, is not only really, really stupid, but also a whore.

Good morning!
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:53 am
@MASSAGAT,
MASSAGAT wrote:

Don't worry, rabel22. The popularity of Palin is just an abberation. If she was to be elected to anything important(It won't happen) her Job Approval Rating would decline as fast as President Obama's has. You do know, of course, that a recent Gallup Poll showed President Obama to have less that 50% support of the American People.

It would be stupid not to worry about the popularity of Palin. The Reps have succeeded in getting a number of morons elected to the presidency. Consider the likes of Harding, Reagan, the Bushes, et al. Consider such VPs, who were only a chicken bone away from the presidency, as Agnew, Quayle, Cheney, et al.