like a hungry person eating a hamburger

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 06:51 am
INDIANAPOLIS " An Indiana 17-year-old who told authorities he identified with a television serial killer said strangling his 10-year-old brother satisfied a craving like a hungry person eating a hamburger, according to court documents.

Andrew Conley of Rising Sun showed no remorse or emotion as he described choking to death Conner Conley as the two wrestled Sunday, a probable cause affidavit said. He told investigators the child's last words were "Andrew, stop."

Conley said he dragged his brother's body to his car before driving to see his girlfriend, who told investigators the teen "seemed happy, more happy than she had seen him in a while," according to the affidavit. Conley said he dumped the body near a park in the Ohio River community about 90 miles southeast of Indianapolis.

"Sometimes people are just evil," Dearborn-Ohio County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard said. "This is an evil child."

Prosecutors filed preliminary charges of murder against Conley along with a supporting affidavit Thursday. He is being charged as an adult and will appear Friday in court, Negangard said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 1,617 • Replies: 11

djjd62

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 06:52 am
now i'm starvin', wonder if there's any hamburgers in the fridge
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 07:07 am
@dyslexia,
Would a 17 year old usually be classified as an adult in US courts? Or does it vary state by state?

I must say, he does sound more than a little disturbed.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 07:47 am
@msolga,
It does vary by state statute as well as discretion of the prosecuting attorney/court.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 08:05 am
@dyslexia,
Hello dyslexia. The Dearborn Ohio prosecutor called the child evil. That brings me to this thought.

Are people born evil, or does society, or chemicals (drugs), influence, create, or aid in a person becoming evil.

Is evil innate?
sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 08:06 am
@dyslexia,
This is so disturbing.

The title phrase is certainly vivid.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 08:52 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
INDIANAPOLIS " An Indiana 17-year-old who told authorities he identified with a television serial killer said strangling his 10-year-old brother satisfied a craving like a hungry person eating a hamburger, according to court documents.

The human brain can be a very screwed up thing.
0 Replies

tycoon

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 08:58 am
A total of 73 percent of all US households have hamburger in the refrigerator.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 09:40 am
Perhaps I've always been an old soul, but when it came to hazing siblings I preferred the "purple nurple" to murder.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 09:59 am
@alex240101,
alex240101 wrote:

Hello dyslexia. The Dearborn Ohio prosecutor called the child evil. That brings me to this thought.

Are people born evil, or does society, or chemicals (drugs), influence, create, or aid in a person becoming evil.

Is evil innate?

no such critter as "evil"
Diest TKO

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 10:32 am
A 10 year old boy. So young. I struggle to understand which sense overwhelms me the most right now. The terror that I have thinking about a person who could so casually murder their own family member or the sickness I feel wondering if a 10 year old even could understand things like betrayal, malice, or the finality of death before it was too late.

Such a little boy. He probably thought they were playing.

This is awful.
K
O
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 03:18 pm
@dyslexia,
Maybe not, but some critters are evil
0 Replies