I Bet Hillary Clinton Is Happy

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:09 pm
Because nothing any president could do after inheiriting the cheney/bush mess can possibly be enough to satisfy anyone on any side of the aisle.

Americans, being the ADD sociopathic nation we've become cannot and will not be happy with anything because nothing happens quickly enough.

The republicans are much better at organizing and getting their way than the democrats but unfortunately everything they do is fucked up.

As John McCain was the sacrificial lamb in the last election.... so was Obama, although not I think by design.

Hillary , who still would be my first choice even though I find Obama likable, really dodged a bullet.

I predict Obama will be a one term President and that speaks more to the condition cheney/bush left the country in than it does to Obama.

I will now don my flame retardent suit.

Seed

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:22 pm
You say he will be a one term president, and that is a sad statement. Its much like a coach getting fired after having the job for a year. He inherited a team that that was bad and expected to have a winning season in one year and then fired when he didn't produce what the owners wanted. Just not going to happen.

Now the state that America is in, there is no way that merely four years will fix all the damage.
eoe

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:23 pm
This is exactly why I initially did not want Obama to even run this go around but I'm sure both he and Hillary had a pretty good, if not thorough and complete, idea of what they were walking into if elected.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:29 pm
@Seed,
Seed wrote:

You say he will be a one term president, and that is a sad statement. Its much like a coach getting fired after having the job for a year. He inherited a team that that was bad and expected to have a winning season in one year and then fired when he didn't produce what the owners wanted. Just not going to happen.

Now the state that America is in, there is no way that merely four years will fix all the damage.

I agree completely and don't hold it against Obama. As I stated, it's a reflection on the rape of America by cheney/bush IMO.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:32 pm
so

what's the over/under on how many four year see saw terms you guys can expect before the shooting starts? (civil war 2, this time it's more personal)
Seed

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:35 pm
not that i like the last administration but there havent been many president that have come into office without something they had to clean up. granted some have had less to clean up then others, and others have had more then their fair share. But all that shows is that even though they know what is waiting for them, they still run with the hopes of being the pig that gets to wallow in the mess that had been made.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:36 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

This is exactly why I initially did not want Obama to even run this go around but I'm sure both he and Hillary had a pretty good, if not thorough and complete, idea of what they were walking into if elected.

Indeed. That's why I'm a little puzzled as to why, armed with that knowledge, Obama is not a little more forceful about pushing things through. I respect his intellect and what his view of things seems to be, but the truth is that things on the ground are too fucked up for bi-partisan diplomacy and Obama could take a page, god help me, from the cheney/bush playbook and just unabashedly and unashamedly push through changes that are significantly good for the country and screw politics.

I may be completely wrong and I hope I am, I hope Obama has a master plan that we just haven't seen all of yet.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 09:36 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

so

what's the over/under on how many four year see saw terms you guys can expect before the shooting starts? (civil war 2, this time it's more personal)

I don't think the citizenry has the fire in the belly for that anymore.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 01:14 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
seriously bear, you actually believed that there was a substantial difference between the major political parties in America? Both are bought and paid for by the business community.

shall either of us waste our times listing the similarities between the obama and bush administration vis a vis war and the economy, or how about single payer health care system to cover all americans?

5o million plus American citizens were so hungry for leadership they elected a charlatan whose major talent was that he could read well off a telepropter .

mark my words nothing in this country will change substantially until rivers of blood flow in the streets.

even the rich are arming themselves.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&sid=ahD2WoDAL9h0
re:
Quote:
'I just wrote my first reference for a gun permit,” said a friend, who told me of swearing to the good character of a Goldman Sachs Group Inc. banker who applied to the local police for a permit to buy a pistol. The banker had told this friend of mine that senior Goldman people have loaded up on firearms and are now equipped to defend themselves if there is a populist uprising against the bank.

I called Goldman Sachs spokesman Lucas van Praag to ask whether it’s true that Goldman partners feel they need handguns to protect themselves from the angry proletariat. He didn’t call me back.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 08:52 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I don't think Hillary dodged a bullet, if it had been her choice she would have been president.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 08:58 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Fast forward to 2012...

what can a president do after inheriting the Biden/Obama mess that could possibly be enough to satisfy anyone on any side of the aisle?

Notice that I spelled inheriting correctly Wink
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 09:10 am
@Gala,
I didn't say she dodged it on purpose.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 09:20 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
That's why I'm a little puzzled as to why, armed with that knowledge, Obama is not a little more forceful about pushing things through.

Because he's a smart man, and he knows it's a marathon, not a sprint.

His goal for the next few years needs to be to stake out the middle ground, just somewhat left of center. He doesn't need to court the left-wing kooks, he needs to avoid alienating people.

And the more the Republicans drag their feet and obstruct things, the more reasonable Obama looks.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 09:22 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I see this more as a projection that things aren't moving fast enough to suit you..
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 09:28 am
@Seed,
Quote:
You say he will be a one term president, and that is a sad statement

No, it's not, it's a realistic statement. It may be a reality you don't want to think about, but it surely is a possibility.
Gala

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 09:34 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
When people dodge a bullet it's their own doing. Hillary wanted it bad, and she was well aware had she made it how greuling it would be, she could've handled it. She did not dodge a bullet, she lost.
rabel22

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 10:40 am
@Gala,
I think Dys had it right. Vote often ect.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 11:07 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I'd guess that given the choice today, knowing all she knows, she would still take the Presidency.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 11:10 am
@Seed,
Seed wrote:

Hi Seed! Long time no see!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 11:38 am
@Gala,
Gala wrote:

Quote:
You say he will be a one term president, and that is a sad statement

No, it's not, it's a realistic statement. It may be a reality you don't want to think about, but it surely is a possibility.

It's almost a sure thing that Obama will be a one hit wonder.
0 Replies