Is sex essential in pre-marital relationships?

PatientChaos

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 02:09 am
@sozobe,
Regarding sexual compatibility.

What do you mean by sex drives and all that? The intensity, frequency and stuff? "Enjoy receiving..." Do you mean the positions and types of sex?

I mean, are such details so important in a relationship that they are more decisive than virtues such as friendship, honesty and all?!

With regards to myself, I think I am entirely flexible, i.e. I can imagine myself adapting to any kind of sexual needs my partner may have. I don't have any "inborn" special needs in sex.

Whether she wants 20 orgasms a day or 1 rare and special night of passion every now and then, I really feel that what I want most is what pleases her most, and so anything is ok for me Smile
aidan

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 02:18 am
@PatientChaos,
Sometimes what seems viable in theory doesn't work out in practice though. That's why I agree that if there is going to be a life-long sexual commitment with someone, it makes sense to find out what that might entail with that particular person to ascertain if you can commit to what you are agreeing to commit to - not just in theory, but in practice.

If there's no life-long commitment being considered, sex is only as essential in a pre-marital relationship if one or both of the people require sex to feel happy or fulfilled.
0 Replies

PatientChaos

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2009 02:50 am
@ehBeth,
In my teens, when I was more "promiscuous", I had non-coital sex (manual, oral) - all in relationships that didn't even last a week. Usually they ended shortly afterwards.
There was once we almost had coital sex, but since it was my first time I was quite nervous. I had been that girl's "lover" for four months, but right after we tried she dumped me and never contacted me again -_-
Nice eh?
0 Replies

strictlyanonymous728

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 06:38 pm
I agree that not having sex before marriage is a great idea in theory, in the real world it just doesn't always happen that way. I don't think that it's necessary to have sex with someone to see if you are compatible. The chemistry is either there or it's not.
0 Replies

aze1526

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 06:14 pm
Back in the days (I'm talking about 1800's), people could barely touch their romantic interest before marriage without it being deemed inappropriate. But this heightened sexual tension, which shows that these relationships were completely built from emotional value and appreciation for one another. They got to know eachother, and felt a love that needed no help from physical pleasures to obtain such feelings. So imagine how much they loved eachother after marriage where they got to touch as much as they wanted?
In modern days, people act as if sexual advances are a necessary component in relationships that happen to be pre-marital. It all depends on your partner, however. If she's the modernized type of gal and she can't handle that lifestyle until marriage, then one of you might have to conform if that's a serious relationship.

If a limitless amount of people have gone through life with this choice, then I don't think it's impossible to have a pre-marital relationship without sex. The more sexual tension, the more pleasurable the ending result anyways.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 06:59 pm
@aze1526,
I think you're living in a fairy tale, especially when it comes to your last statement. Sexual tension doesn't necessarily result in good sex. What if the
girl waited until marriage and her new husband is a selfish bastard in bed?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 07:06 pm
@PatientChaos,
Good luck to you.
0 Replies

aze1526

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 11:15 pm
@CalamityJane,
I'm just simply stating that the choices are there and have been made successfully before. That's not "fairy-tale" talk, it's about a life decision.
0 Replies