Tiger Woods in Car Accident

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 01:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
The actual title of this thread is "Tiger Woods in Car Accident." How this plays out on this thread is anyone's guess.
aidan

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 01:41 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
And what an example to set for the kids to see her bashing their father's car with a golfing iron and risking his life and limb.

As I said, she should definitely make sure she tells them at some point, 'Mommy was wrong to do that.'
I said:
Quote:
Are you talking about celebrities or regular people? Have you ever thought about the fact that a man who is successful may have other qualities that brought him that success that are attractive to females. Maybe they like the fact that he's intelligent, hardworking and diligent, competent, reliable and responsible - all the things that help someone succeed in life and in work.

To which spendius replied:
Quote:
That's very funny Rebecca.

And I have to admit rereading it - I did laugh..hardworking, diligent, competent, reliable and responsible - sounds like a boyscout doesn't it? Yeah, boring...thinking that'd be attractive IS funny.
But this is even funnier - in fact the funniest line of this thread:

Quote:
As I have said-- swinging a golf iron at me and she would be up the road. I might think I would have to tie her up before taking a nap. At full moons anyway.

'tie her up before taking a nap... Laughing Laughing Laughing
You better watch out - she might like it.... Laughing Laughing Laughing (joke, joke, joke, joke, joke.... it's a joke - okay?)
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 02:20 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
The lookers get first pick and guess who they choose.

Not everyone falls for a looker and all too often the lookers aren't really lookers at all. I dated plenty of "lookers" and it's not at all inconceivable that I couldn't have fallen for one of them but love just didn't bloom.

Instead, I fell for the most beautiful girl in the world. There was no choice, it came as naturally as a burst of prairie wildflowers after a spring rain.

Quote:
What are we supposed to have in our minds when we see that all the time.

Anyone with half a brain knows the difference between beauty and beauty.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 02:31 pm
@JTT,
And everything in between.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 03:01 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
Although, this is an interesting observation I've made about outward appearances of couples in England as compared to America. In America, it is much more common to see a very attractive female with a less attractive male while here in England, it's the other way around- you see many more attractive males with noticeably less attractive females.
This means there are more attractive women in America and more attractive men in England. How else do we explain who the attractive women in England and the attractive men in America ended up with ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 03:07 pm
@Ionus,
Good observation; makes you wonder who's doing the beauty analysis?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 03:21 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
This means there are more attractive women in America and more attractive men in England. How else do we explain who the attractive women in England and the attractive men in America ended up with ?

I once knew a good looking guy who married a stunningly ugly woman, he was all proud about how he chose her for her " inner beauty". This gets a better payoff in the states than in Europe, where female exterior beauty is of less value than in America. In American he can play the martyr, it will be believed that he gave up something of high value. You will also find that in Europe the older women are of relatively higher demand than in the states, because the wisdom of age is more valued in Europe than in the states. In Europe a guy is more likely to choose a woman who has perfected the use of her charms through experience, the American guy is more likely to choose the young (but often boring and unskilled in the way of woman) Barbies that Tiger did. Thing is, the European guy is more likely to get a great ****, so who is to say that they are wrong? Tiger could not go out with these Barbies anyways, the arm candy value did not exist.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 03:24 pm
@Ionus,
Not really - I wasn't speaking of like and like (couples of equal measures of attractiveness or unattractiveness) or singles...I've just noticed that when you see two people in a couple of varying attractiveness - it's most often opposite of the way you might see it in America.

So that doesn't account for every couple or for people who are out singly - so you can't really say with any certainty for instance that there are more attractive females on a percentile basis in America or more attractive males (as percentages go again, in England).
Although I will say this - the men- in general seem fitter in England than in America, while there's not an obvious difference in terms of the fitness levels of the women in England and America. You see about the same percentage of heavy women here that you do there - while it's really rare to see a really heavy guy here, and fairly common in America.
spendius

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 04:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What I want to know ci. is how a professed evolutionist can justify criticising Tiger. Isn't he evolved to disseminate his seed over as wide as possible a field?

And it wasn't an accident.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 04:39 pm
@aidan,
The first time I got a clue about the US obesity problem was on arriving at the Los Angeles airport after my first italy trip in 1988, Suddenly very obvious.

I'm not one to rail at obese people, having read a lot about various contributing situations, including genes, bacteria, hormonal difficulties. But, I dare to conject that a lot of the growth in numbers has been market and availability borne.

Haven't been to England but at Heathrow, so no useful observations.

But, back to beauty. I like signs of intelligence and wit in a face, more than what a friend used to call "classic profiles", mockingly.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 04:41 pm
@ossobuco,
How that relates to Tiger.. only he could start to answer.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 04:46 pm
@ossobuco,
I agree; most of the US obesity problems stems from several factors including what you listed. Junk food served at schools and home, availability of junk food at stores, and most fast food restaurants have been notorious for serving fatty foods with too much calories.
spendius

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 06:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I agree; most of the US obesity problems stems from several factors including what you listed. Junk food served at schools and home, availability of junk food at stores, and most fast food restaurants have been notorious for serving fatty foods with too much calories.

Gee ci. Fancy that. None of us on this thread would ever have thought of it. You really are a wonder at providing insights. It's a pity it's a pile of bullshit. The reason is weakness of will combined with a refusal to face up to scientific evidence. Fancy blaming the outlets. It lets everybody off. The basic liberal agenda in order to curry popularity without bothering being any good at anything.

Pity you didn't feel up for answering the question about what silly sods evolutionists are who have anything to say about Tiger which is not fulsomely complimentary.

You're a complete diddico.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 06:08 pm
@spendius,
spendi, You're good at answering you own damn questions, so quit bothering me!
spendius

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 06:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He has no answer. He wants the pure scientific truth taught in schools and he can't even answer a simple question about evolution theory's attitude to Tiger shagging anything that lifts its tail.
spendius

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 06:22 pm
@spendius,
And he must want the thread to himself if everybody disagreeing with him has to quit bothering him. Which is also bullshit because he could stay away from threads like this if he wanted and thus he is bothering himself by coming on it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 06:46 pm
Quote:
Filed at 7:22 p.m. ET

Global consulting firm Accenture PLC has ended its relationship with Tiger Woods, marking the first major sponsor to cut ties altogether with the golfer since his alleged infidelities surfaced and he announced an indefinite leave from the sport to work on his marriage.

In its first statement since the Woods' scandal erupted, Accenture said Sunday the golfer is ''no longer the right representative'' after the ''circumstances of the last two weeks.'' The move ends a six-year relationship during which the firm credited its ''Go on, be a Tiger'' campaign with boosting its image significantly. Accenture has used Woods to personify its claimed attributes of integrity and high performance.

''After careful consideration and analysis, the company has determined that he is no longer the right representative for its advertising,'' Accenture said, adding that ''it wishes only the best for Tiger Woods and his family.''

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/12/13/sports/AP-US-Tiger-Woods-Accenture.html?hp

I read that this was his biggest money maker, but I am not sure.
spendius

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 05:09 am
@hawkeye10,
Obviously the company is pandering to the Lady interest and should consider using a ball and chain for its logo.

What's the odds on its senior executives being nice, dutiful husbands in the tradition of Ladies' Home Journal?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 05:42 am
Quote:
What I want to know ci. is how a professed evolutionist can justify criticising Tiger. Isn't he evolved to disseminate his seed over as wide as possible a field?

And it wasn't an accident.

I can't figure out why Spendius can't figure that out. Of course we as individuals in a species attempt to find ways of furthering the continuation of that species, but, perhaps because Spendius hasn't ever had enough experience with other members of humankind ( evidenced by his absolutely dense positions on everything from, well, everything,) he does not appear to know anything about evolved norms of social behavior.

As to the 'not an accident'....I suppose we will have to read as he proposes that the event was God's will.

Joe(ah, well. I'm going to get some coffee)Nation
aidan

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 05:49 am
@Joe Nation,
But the really amusing thing is is that he's challenging the atheistic/agnostic/pure science evolutionist crowd about Tiger's behavior as if he wants you all to finally admit 'Yes - see- that's where a godless society will bring us' - but at the same time, he has to ridicule the fact that the endorsers are playing to the Lady Home Journal crowd (which I suppose he would have to admit include most Christians who believe that faithfulness in marriage is a basic Christian tenet) because that would also be supporting the woman in this instance.

And everybody knows that she can't possibly be a good, maybe even loving Christian wife and mother - she's a grasping, moneyhungry feminist- and we CAN'T support that either.

So the only people in the clear in his world are Christian men - just like himself I guess.