Tiger Woods in Car Accident

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 07:51 am
@aidan,
Quote:
So the only people in the clear in his world are Christian men - just like himself I guess.

Oh, I'm sure most of them are suspect too despite having all the advantages of a proper Bible based morality inculcated to them early in life.

Joe("How odd", Jesus thought as he floated through the present world, "they have taken all I built on love and tried to power it with guilt.")Nation
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:03 am
@aidan,
That's right Rebecca. You seem to be the only person on A2K who understands.

The atheistic/agnostic/pure science evolutionist crowd are completely confused as they are on many issues. The only negative emotion they can justifiably express is envy of Tiger. Their righteousness is utterly ridiculous and proves what I have maintained all along for five years on the evolution threads; namely that they are a bunch of hypocrites who are using easy targets in the fundamentalist arena in order to draw attention to themselves and excuse their general immorality.

Hence Joe's pathetic blusterings and presumptuous assertions about my track record with the opposite sex which, I have to admit, with hindsight, I am somewhat ashamed of despite evolution theory not only approving of it but offering no alternative that I could see.

He even talks complete rubbish to try to cover up his utter confusion. We, as individuals, have no interest in "furthering the continuation of the species" from the evolutionary perspective. We are programmed to further our own genetic material which is why family, clan, tribe and nation exist as concepts.

The idea that "evolved norms of social behaviour" have anything to do with evolution is fatuous. The norms Joe is thinking of are barely 100 years old and Tiger is far more "normal" and no scientific mind could think otherwise unless it is meditating upon social evolution and then religion becomes a factor of great importance.

Tiger's main problem is the state of Western masculinity which looks to be utterly demoralised as well as confused. There are few societies we know about that would even raise an eyebrow at what he is said to have done and a good few of them would have admired his performance.

Only a clean living Christian has any right to condemn him and by that I mean someone who eschews sex before marriage, adultery, birth control, male homosexuality and abortion. The very idea that what Tiger has done is worse than having, procuring or encouraging an abortion is to turn evolution theory on its head. Evolution encourages Tiger's actions and has no connection with abortion.

And a clean living Christian would forgive him too.

sozobe

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:03 am
--- haven't been following the thread, but early on (on this one or another one) i said that i thought it wouldn't necessarily be a big deal, that's when it seemed like it was a more standard other woman situation though, the other other other other (etc) woman thing + payoffs + general sleaziness is something else though. tiger's in deeper doo-doo than it initially appeared. ---
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:24 am
@spendius,
I remember reading once of a S.E. Asian president whose name I forget who went to Moscow on a state visit. While there the KGB fitted him up with prostitutes for group orgies and secretly filmed his performances. When he got back home they sent him a video tape in the hope they could use it to pressure him into doing their bidding. He wrote back asking for a thousand copies to send to all his friends.

So much for Joe's evolved norms eh? And Don Juan and Casanova's exploits in the four figures range required the co-operation of four figures of women.

Such tales are discussable in Ladies' Home Journal editorial conferences. I know other tales that are not.

The atheistic/agnostic/pure science evolutionist crowd are up a gum tree with this issue which is why I have taken a keen interest in it. Once they put my Footballer's Wives posts on Ignore they proved their inability to face up to the scientific facts.

Christianity is about the orderly management of rumpy-pumpy. There is no way that an atheistic/agnostic/pure science evolutionist elite could do that unless it provided itself with a secrecy barrier and a repressive enforcement of it or subjected itself to the same rules as it applied to hoi polloi. And there's no chance of the latter.

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:32 am
I call on all upstanding men to boycott all products or services of those companies which withdraw their support from Tiger or to shut up with their specious anti-Christian nonsense.

McTag

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:51 am

Tyger, tyger, burning bright
That is a pile of $1000 bills you just set alight
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 09:47 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I call on all upstanding men to boycott all products or services of those companies which withdraw their support from Tiger or to shut up with their specious anti-Christian nonsense.

I didn't buy their products due to Tiger's endorsement, so I won't let his failure to endorse affect my buying decisions either.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 10:02 am
@engineer,
I've given up golf.
engineer

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 10:06 am
@dyslexia,
So as Tiger.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 10:09 am
@engineer,
well yeah I suppose, but then I never started.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 11:46 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Tiger's main problem is the state of Western masculinity which looks to be utterly demoralised as well as confused. There are few societies we know about that would even raise an eyebrow at what he is said to have done and a good few of them would have admired his performance.

Right, that's what I was alluding to when I spoke of that article about George Michael. I mean, people know what he does - he's been caught redhanded at it- but you can bet that there'd be no casual discussion of it in the New York Times Sunday magazine as part of his interview, while it was very casually acknowledged and explicitely spelt out in the London Sunday Times magazine.

That sets up the dynamic for this sort of brouhaha in America. People get pissed off because they've been fooled. They might not like the behavior particularly, but at this point, I can't believe there's any adult in the world who should be surprised by it happening with a celebrity or anyone else when we live in a time and a nation where mothers and fathers can and do take their kids into restaurants with names like 'Hooters'...I mean, come on!
What they're upset about is not knowing how to react- it's not at all clear anymore. They set Tiger up on some sort of pedestal and he was supposed to teach them how to be or actually take their place in terms of being a role model for their kids and they were paying him big bucks for that and now look at what he's done. He's failed miserably.

Quote:
Only a clean living Christian has any right to condemn him and by that I mean someone who eschews sex before marriage, adultery, birth control, male homosexuality and abortion. The very idea that what Tiger has done is worse than having, procuring or encouraging an abortion is to turn evolution theory on its head. Evolution encourages Tiger's actions and has no connection with abortion.

Just for my own information, why is male homosexuality viewed differently and separately from female homosexuality?
spendius

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 11:50 am
@aidan,
Quote:
Just for my own information, why is male homosexuality viewed differently and separately from female homosexuality?

Technical reasons which I won't specify Rebecca. Which is why I was careful to exclude the latter category.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 04:54 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I remember reading once of a S.E. Asian president whose name I forget who went to Moscow on a state visit. While there the KGB fitted him up with prostitutes for group orgies and secretly filmed his performances. When he got back home they sent him a video tape in the hope they could use it to pressure him into doing their bidding. He wrote back asking for a thousand copies to send to all his friends.
That was President Sukharno of Indonesia.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 05:05 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
Queen Lizzie the One-th was bi-sexual, maybe homosexual, probably due to her father Henry VIII molesting her as a young girl. She outlawed male homosexuality to discourage it as being counterproductive to producing men who would defend their country. She didnt mind butch women but thought fluffy men was a bad idea. Women were also excluded because it was always thought that a woman could be raped by her husband and still produce off spring but the reverse was not possible. Those countries which have based their laws on English law have never had female homosexuality made illegal, only male homosexuality. As the english produced a home grown christianity they had to justify the legal position already taken.
spendius

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 05:47 pm
@Ionus,
Very good Ionus. You might soon make my "must read" list.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 08:33 am
I don't know who here is old enough to recall without looking it up: Was Wilt Chamberlain married during the period of time he claimed to have sex with 10,000 women?

Joe(Makes me tired, but in a good way, just to think about)Nation
aidan

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 08:54 am
@Joe Nation,
I looked it up because I didn't know- I know my father thought he was a great player. He was a pretty interesting guy (never fouled out of a game):
Quote:
Biography for
Wilt Chamberlain
Date of Birth:
21 August 1936, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Date of Death
12 October 1999, Los Angeles, California, USA (cardiac arrest while sleeping)

Birth Name
Wilton Norman Chamberlain

Nickname
The Big Dipper

Height
7' 1" (2.16 m)

Mini Biography
Wilton Norman Chamberlain, born in Philadelphia, didn't come from a race of giants as many thought. Both his parents were no bigger than 5-9, but as a young boy he began a growth spurt which would eventually stop when he reached 7-1. That height made him legendary in sports history as arguably the greatest basketball player ever. Chamberlain played at Overbrook High School in Philadelphia, and collegiately at Kansas University, where he led the Jayhawks to the NCAA finals. Kansas lost in title game to North Carolina and that game haunted Chamberlain throughout his career and gave birth to the unfair image of him as a "loser." He left Kansas as an underclassman to play professionally for the Harlem Globetrotters, and after a year with them, signed to play with his hometown team in the NBA, the then-named Philadelphia Warriors. With the Warriors he performed some astonishing feats that no NBA player before or since accomplished.

IMDb Mini Biography By: Ken Severson

Trade Mark
A Gentle Giant

Trivia
Hated the nickname 'Wilt the Stilt.'

Only Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has more career points in the NBA.

Only player to ever score 100 points in a pro game (1962).

When pressed about the number of his romantic encounters. He claimed the number of women he had been with was 20,000 women. (His life was based on the numbers!).

Never married.

Graduate of Overbrook High School in native Philadelphia, and the University of Kansas.

Spent one year with the Harlem Globetrooters, for salary of $65,000

When he died in October 1999, his long-time basketball rival, Celtics superstar Bill Russell, declared at Wilt's memorial service: "As far as I'm concerned, he and I will be friends through eternity."

Enshrined in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1979.

Head coach of the ABA San Diego Conquistadors (1973-74).

University of Kansas (1955-58).

Unanimous First Team All-America (1957, 1958).

The Sporting News First Team All-America (1958).

NCAA Tournament MVP (1957).

All-Big Seven (1957, 1958).

Played with the Harlem Globetrotters (1958-59), the NBA Philadelphia Warriors (1959-62), the NBA San Francisco Warriors (1963-64), the NBA Philadelphia 76ers (1964-68), and the NBA Los Angeles Lakers (1968-73).

NBA Rookie of the Year (1960).

NBA Most Valuable Player (1960, 1966, 1967, 1968).

All-NBA First Team (1960-62, 1964-68).

All-NBA Second Team (1963, 1965, 1972).

NBA All-Defensive First Team (1972, 1973).

NBA Finals MVP (1972).

NBA All-Star Game MVP (1960), after scoring 23 points with 25 rebounds.

Thirteen-time NBA All-Star (1960-69, 1971-73).

NBA 35th Anniversary All-Time Team (1980) and 50th Anniversary All-Time Team (1996).

Ranks second all-time in scoring with 31,419 points (30.1 ppg) and rebounding 23,924 rebounds (22.9 rpg). *

Chamberlain and Bill Russell were known as fierce competitors on the court, but they were also good friends

Golden State Warriors franchise all-time leading scorer (17,783).

Never fouled out of a game in his NBA career.

In his historic 100-point game which took place in Hershey, PA, he set records for most field goals (36) and made free throws (28) in a game.

Biography in: "American National Biography". Supplement 1, pp. 106-109. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002.

While in college at Kansas, he was recorded as having a 550 pound bench press.

At his athletic peak, he was said to have been measured with a vertical jump of 48-50 inches.

He was a high jump champion and track and field star in college at Kansas University.

Is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc.

The father of the 7-foot-1 Wilt was only 5-foot-7.

Only player in NBA history to lead the league in scoring average and rebounding average in the same season, which he accomplished five times. Four of the five seasons were his first four NBA seasons.

Had a keen interest in films and shared in this past-time with the likes of Hugh Hefner. He was also a partner in the production company Hundred Point Films and had attended several film festivals to enjoy the limelight of his celebrity. The Festival of Festivals is now commonly known today as the Toronto International Film Festival.

Personal Quotes
"Nobody roots for Goliath."

It says he claims to have had sex with 20,000 women - not 10,000. His personal quote was interesting - 'Nobody roots for Goliath' - I guess he didn't feel loved enough on the court and had to look for it elsewhere.

His father was only 5'7! Can you picture that? That's pretty amazing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 11:37 am
@Joe Nation,
If Chamberlain had over 20,000 women/sex, that means he had sex every day for 54 years!

If that's considered sport, he must be on "top."
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Once in the morning, once at night: that was my motto for a long time.
Joe( Once in the ... , oh wait, I already said that)Nation
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 05:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If Chamberlain had over 20,000 women/sex, that means he had sex every day for 54 years!

And he only lived to be sixty-three, which means he must have started young - nine years old, to be exact. Or maybe he started a little later and had sex more than once a day some days- that's probably how it went.
0 Replies