Tiger Woods in Car Accident

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 08:02 pm
Haven't been following this thread too closely, so I don't know whether anyone has posted this yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgiCX_y1BW8&feature=channel
panzade

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 10:09 pm
@Merry Andrew,
awww jeezzz Laughing
spendius

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:25 pm
@panzade,
Yeah!!! I thought it a bit trite and unoriginal myself. Insulting to women too when the alternatives are considered.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 06:43 pm
I heard Tiger is changing his name.
To Cheetah.
Ionus

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 08:00 pm
@alex240101,
Was that Cheetah Wouldnt ??
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 08:30 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Tacky and wonderful.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:27 am
Alrighty then....the apology did not work on the target audience
Quote:
Add Gatorade to the list of endorsement deals that Tiger Woods has lost.

A representative for the drink, sold by PepsiCo Inc., confirmed late Friday that it had ended its relationship with the golfer, who made a lengthy public apology last week for his infidelities.

"We no longer see a role for Tiger in our marketing efforts and have ended our relationship," a Gatorade spokeswoman said. "We wish him all the best." The spokeswoman said Gatorade would continue its relationship with the Tiger Woods Foundation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/26/AR2010022605824.html?hpid=moreheadlines
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:32 am
good one tiger, make a douche of yourself and it still doesn't work, idiot, the only people he owed an apology to were his family
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 10:58 am
Quote:
PALM HARBOR, Fla. (AP) " Tiger Woods said Tuesday he will return to golf next month at the Masters, ending a four-month hiatus brought on by a sex scandal that shattered his image as the gold standard in sports

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20100316/Woods-Return/

HA! the people were right. Bookmakers in Vegas had tried to make a book on his return date, but no one was willing to bet that he would stay away for long. It was all a PR move, as suspected.

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:27 am
@hawkeye10,
Tiger was handing out interviews the last few days.....the catch is that they can only last 5 minutes, so as to keep them shallow. It would be nice to see someone have the balls to dispense with the pleasantries that tend to take up the first 4 minutes, and lead with a big question. Dont think anyone has, though one (ESPN?) refused the terms.

Tiger is never going to change, he is sure that he can manipulate and manage he way out of this mess.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:49 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
It was all a PR move, as suspected.

"All" ? Right from the get-go?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 10:52 am
@spendius,
the big spashy "I am quiting golf" to concentrate on my family was a pr move. 16 weeks, most of it before the golf tour kicked into high gear.....why else bother??
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 06:42 pm
Quote:

He's in denial about his ballstriking. He hit only six of 28 fairways in two rounds, the lowest total of his career, and he has never looked more lost on a golf course.

Tiger tanked on Friday, coincidentally, after a reported heckling incident at the 10th hole, where one spectator shouted a setup line and another responded with the punch line, "That's what she said." One silly comment like that couldn't possibly get in the head of the toughest mental competitor golf has seen since Jack Nicklaus and Tom Watson, could it?

This much is certain: Tiger has been different since his return. The fight had gone out of him on Friday afternoon. It may have begun to leave him when he joked after the opening round that he wasn't even going to the range to figure out what was wrong with his swing. "To hell with it," he said, drawing laughs

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1986334,00.html?hpt=T2#ixzz0mdMEfbvk

He might be done. The spell is broken, everyone knows that he is a creep now, it seems to have distroyed his mental ability to win at golf. In other news it now seems a near certainty that his wife is divorcing him and taking the kids back to Europe.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 06:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
I sort of like Tiger. He is, of course, a fool on wheels, but when raised by fools and granted zillions.. what do you expect. I see his escapades as just that, an effort for release. I see all the recent near sanctimonious photo opportunities as bull.

I do suspect he has taken non appropriate medications.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 07:00 pm
@ossobuco,
what I think is interesting is that while it was admitted that he COULD lose the game most every one of the experts thought that he would continue to play well even if he lost everything else. This outcome is now in serious doubt. The appearance is that he is a psychological basket case.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 07:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
I noticed that.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 07:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
I heard a radio clip about how Tiger had over 120 individual women > Apparently he had to an allocution as part of his therapy. 120 women. How do you keep em all in order? Youd need some relly good software and a cerebral implant to recall names on the spur of the moment.

Ionus

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 03:14 am
@farmerman,
It appears he was playing well on sexual competition. Take sex out of the equation and he may not be able to compete. We shall see....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 05:55 am
A summation this morning on Yahoo sports of the talking points in the Tiger story.

Quote:
The degree to which we worship our athletic idols
The way race worms its way into every public conversation
The obsession with "image" over substance in athletics
The role of the media: shaping perception or giving the people what they want?
The privacy of our public figures -- how much should they have?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:48 am
@panzade,
I don't think the Tiger story can be told without talking about Corporate money and the effect it has on the conversation. Tiger is/was a great golfer, but his main job was as corporate shill.