• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 18 • Views: 33,089 • Replies: 395

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 02:17 pm
@oralloy,
Oh no!

Hope he's OK.

"Serious," this early on, could mean anything.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 02:40 pm
CNN reported in breaking news that he's been released from the hospital
already.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 02:44 pm
@CalamityJane,
That's promising. Thanks for the update.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 02:51 pm
Quote:
The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods, 33, hit the hydrant and a tree after pulling out of his driveway in his 2009 Cadillac sports utility vehicle...

The patrol said alcohol was not involved, though the accident remains under investigation.

??? Presumably, SOME mind-altering substance was involved?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 02:54 pm
Sounds like it's going to be an overblown nonstory news story.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4693702&categoryid=2378529
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 03:03 pm
Quote:
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tiger Woods was injured in a car wreck early Friday near his Florida home, but was released from the hospital later in the day.

Woods
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the crash occurred at 2:25 a.m. ET. Woods was driving a 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle. No one else was in the car.

The highway patrol reported Woods' injuries as serious, though Woods spokesman, Glenn Greenspan, said Friday afternoon that the golfer was treated at the hospital and released in good condition. Greenspan's statement termed the accident "minor."

The police report narrative said the "driver had just pulled out of the driveway at his residence ... as [vehicle] began to drive on Deacon Circle, [vehicle] struck a fire hydrant. The front of [vehicle] then struck a tree..."

The airbags in the car did not deploy, according to a report in the Orlando Sentinel. The newspaper said airbags typically do not deploy if a vehicle is traveling less than 33 miles per hour.

Woods agent, Mark Steinberg, told USA Today that Woods is fine. Golf World magazine executive editor Ron Sirak said on ESPNEWS that Woods has "facial lacerations."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4693657
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 03:36 pm
@BorisKitten,
Yeah, if charges could still be laid - or maybe he was texting someone? (lol)

And just where was he going at that hour of the morning? Had he had a fight with the missus?
Seed

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 03:39 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Yeah, if charges could still be laid - or maybe he was texting someone? (lol)

And just where was he going at that hour of the morning? Had he had a fight with the missus?

why do people always look for drama in things? Im not trying point a finger at anyone (though I know it may seem like that with my quoting your comment), but could it be he just couldn't sleep. I mean I used to do the same thing, just get up and go for a drive. Lets not jump to conclusions until the facts come out.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 03:47 pm
@Seed,
Seed wrote:
why do people always look for drama in things? Im not trying point a finger at anyone (though I know it may seem like that with my quoting your comment), but could it be he just couldn't sleep. I mean I used to do the same thing, just get up and go for a drive. Lets not jump to conclusions until the facts come out.

Not trying to point a finger at anyone, but what kind of a weirdo goes for a drive at that hour of the morning? Very Happy

Hey seed. Whats going on? How the hell have you been?
Seed

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 03:50 pm
@Ticomaya,
this kind of weirdo!

im doing ok
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 03:51 pm
@Seed,
Good to see you back.
Francis

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 03:53 pm
@Ticomaya,
I'd say the same but he gonna tell me that I'm stalking..
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 04:05 pm
@Seed,
Why look for the drama? Why not? Speculation makes life more interesting, that's why.

How'd he get to be in serious condition when he wasn't going fast enough for the air bags to deploy?

I think he had a fight with his wife, she lacerated his face with a wine glass, he stormed out, got in his car, started texting his girlfriend to tell her he was on his way over, wasn't looking at the road, and crash, bang, boom - accident.

Alternatively, high on steroids, he was walking around the house holding a hand mirror in front of his face admiring himself when he crashed into a door jamb, lacerating his face with the broken mirror, decided to go to the local 7-11 for bandaids and Polysporin, got in his car, started texting his wife to task her if she needed anything at the store, wasn't looking at the road, and crash, bang, boom - accident.
Seed

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 04:25 pm
@Mame,
Well what about the rogue cat that was in his house? The one that jumped up when Tiger found him and attacked him cutting his face. As he was leaving to go to the hospital the cat came back out and he over corrected the wheel to keep from hitting the cat and ran into the tree.

I mean there can be drama without it being the kind that will ruin someones life. but then again that doesn't bring in the ratings
dlowan

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 04:39 pm
@Seed,
Puddy Tat 1
Tiger 0?
Seed

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 04:42 pm
@dlowan,
quite possibly!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 04:46 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
I think he had a fight with his wife, she lacerated his face with a wine glass, he stormed out, got in his car, started texting his girlfriend to tell her he was on his way over, wasn't looking at the road, and crash, bang, boom - accident.

you might be close there, apparently some info has been floating around the last couple of weeks about an extramarital affair

roger

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 04:50 pm
@djjd62,
So, she cut him up,and he had to go run over a fire hydrant to conceal the embarassing evidence? No wonder a2k is at the top of the forensic charts.
djjd62

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2009 04:54 pm
@roger,
he might have been backing out in a distracted state, he might have had his mind on other things, like the almost 1 billion he's worth, divorce can cost

i'd much rather think the worst of any personality, it's way more fun