Tiger Woods in Car Accident

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:49 pm
@Ionus,
oh, not another one... Wink
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:54 pm
@ossobuco,
Yup, I had the same reaction, but thought better of responding. These guys still live in the 18th c.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
After all these years I still think Spendy may be putting us on.
aidan

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 07:20 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
please resume your highbrow discussion about whores and wives

I think you mean 'whores/wives'. Apparently they're interchangeable and one can't escape being the other (in some peoples' minds).
aidan

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 07:22 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Bloody feminists !! Dont get me started on them. They dont want equality, they dont demand 50% of the dirty and dangerous jobs, they want to work in air-conditioned comfort while denigrating attractive women because they cant compete.

Oh that's a relief - you can't be talking about me because I hate air air conditioning.
I'm interested though - what do you see them competing for- what's the prize?
You or spendius?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 07:30 pm
@aidan,
How did this get to be about the feminists? What do they have to say about Tiger anyways? One should think that they would fully support the rights of women to have sex with Tiger, and then take some of his money. To include his wife.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 07:37 pm
The hope was that Tiger would grow a set of balls, get out there on Oprah and cry a little......but nope. Now he is going to quit golf so that he can go into hiding full time.

Stick a fork in him, he is done. He will try to come back in a splash in about a year, but he has already cowered, his competitors will eat his lunch.
Ionus

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 07:49 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
I'm interested though - what do you see them competing for- what's the prize? You or spendius?
Very Happy You are dreaming girl !
One of the main arguments for not giving women the vote was that they would vote on appearance. It turns out this is entirely correct. But in the visual based era we live in, so do men. FDR would never have been elected in the TV era.
The womens movement (I like that term, it makes it sound like something a pet did on the carpet) started as a terrorist organisation, throwing acid in people's faces. There is some interesting sexual psychology in that act.
For the record,
I was shocked when as a child I found out that at one stage women did not have the right to vote.
I believe in equal money for equal work.
I believe in the right to vote.
I do not believe in affirmative action.
I do not believe the womens movement now is about anything more complex than a minority of women who cant sexually compete with other women.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:16 pm
@Ionus,
You haven't been a woman, have you..

Anyway, on Tiger, I am thinking he's a spoiled brat, with a perhaps odd father and mother and career channeling extraordinaire, and self developed coccoon, and a reaction to that coccoon.. I've liked him as a golfer. (I used to read about Hogan and Tommy Bolt and others, back in my teen access to weird library books). I'm mixed on being sorry for the wife. Am definitely sorry for the children dealing with this.
Ionus

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
One should think that they would fully support the rights of women to have sex with Tiger, and then take some of his money.
It would be interesting to see if promiscuity in marriage is supported by women, seeing as how it tramples over the rights of another woman. As for taking his money, what did they do to earn it ?
Ionus

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Anyway, on Tiger, I am thinking he's a spoiled brat,
I have trouble believing he had a stuning wife, healthy kids, wanted for nothing and failed to keep his dick in his pants. So stupidly undisciplined....

Quote:
Am definitely sorry for the children dealing with this.
Very sad. I hope they have more character than their father.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:42 pm
@ossobuco,
I guess Jack Nicholas will remain my golf hero.
Ionus

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 08:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I used to like the aussie golfer, Jack Newton. Remember he walked into a propeller drunk ? He lost an arm, an eye, as well as some serious injuries. There was a good joke going around after, how much force does it take to stop an aircraft ? Ans : Half a Newton.
How much force will it take to stop Tiger...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Now he is going to quit golf

Finally, he does something sensible.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:02 pm
@Ionus,
Promiscuity in marriage (a perjorative word there), I could understand it if the couple was ok with it - and if not promiscuity, the odd lover here or there. There are a variety of takes on this in different societies. I'm the steadfast type in marriage myself. Outside of commitment, for me, bets are off, money never involved. I've always been near dismissive of money and its machinations, undoubtedly to my detriment. I'm older now, out of the loop, but I haven't had that quiet a life.

The cast about assumptions re women being all about money are at first glance anachronistic to me. On the other hand, I gather this still goes on and on.
JTT

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:05 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
One of the main arguments for not giving women the vote was that they would vote on appearance.

That was a "main" argument? Who advanced it, the Neanderthals or the Chimps?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:11 pm
@JTT,
Love your post! LOL
ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It was the gorillas.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:13 pm
@ossobuco,
(pejoratives..)
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 09:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
The cast about assumptions re women being all about money
I can not understand how any partner, male of female, was worth millions of dollars during a marriage simply because the money is there for the taking during the divorce. Originally, it was to prevent abandoned children and good women falling into prostitution. What is its purpose now except to make employment for some lawyers.