Tiger Woods in Car Accident

aidan

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:55 am
@JTT,
Quote:
I think that women are rarely ever "whores", in the limited pejorative sense it's used. They can be prostitutes just like men, but so can politicians, media people, actors, etc .

They are described that way by misogynistic people.

And it's a catch-22. If they mate with someone and bear children to as a result of their biological drives without the benefit of marriage - they're seen as being sexual whores. But if they mate with someone and bear children as a result of their biological drives with the benefit of marriage - they're seen as being money-hungry whores.

So if they do marry the father of their children, there's that underlying whorish motive or reasoning and if they don't marry the father of their children there's that underlying whorishness present again.

It's like some people see whorishness as a female default mode- part of their female nature that underlies and informs everything they do- and whatever they do can be explained by it in one manner or another.

I find it a really sad way to look at the whole thing and it undermines the strengths of both men and women. It's as if women can't see men for anything other than 'a cock and a wallet' (I stole that from spendius). And why would men think that's true? I think men are MUCH more than a cock and a wallet...don't men believe that about themselves? If that's all they believe themselves to be to women - that is just sad.

aidan

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:56 am
@JTT,
Quote:

Don't worry about it, Rebecca. Your wisdom and straight shootin' shines stellar.

That was very nice of you to say. Thank you.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:59 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Well. lets see now......she picked Tiger, she either did not figure out after marriage what he was doing with his time over all of these years or else she let him be a damn fool, and as soon as the **** hit the fan she went after Tigers money.......Ya, she is one Classy lady.

I thought you said his endorsers put that deal out there - if she stayed - he'd get the money.
I haven't read anything that has her demanding any money.
Do you have a link for that?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 03:59 am
@aidan,
During divorce, many men feel the woman has had enough of their cock and only wants their wallet. Ever seen a rich man with an ugly wife ?
aidan

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 04:06 am
@spendius,
Quote:
With special reference to those lady members of school boards and young female journalists who seek nothing but the truth for science classrooms.

But science is science and religion is religion. Where in the chemistry or biology or earth science curriculum is there a unit on origins- aside from maybe one or two questions which ascertain that the students know who Charles Darwin was and what he did and theorized.
I've sat in quite a few highschool science classrooms and that's not a focus. It's all about mitosis and miosis and cell walls and replication and the periodic table and carbon dating and boyle's law and blah, blah, blah,...
If you look at the end of course tests for these courses, there are no questions on how life began- because nobody KNOWS!!!

I think that would have to be it's own separate course. Don't you? And we don't have that yet.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 04:11 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
During divorce, many men feel the woman has had enough of their cock and only wants their wallet.

Yeah well, in this divorce, unless he was just superstud in addition to supergolfer, she probably didn't get to see it enough to have it enough- we know she had it at least twice though.
Quote:
Ever seen a rich man with an ugly wife ?

Yes, only I bet he doesn't think she's ugly. I think some of those women Tiger was with were ugly. But I bet most men don't.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 04:58 am
@JTT,
A blot on your reputation JT is that post. You're obviously too set in your ways for it to be worth my while explaining why.

I do indeed think that Christian morality is something to hold up as an ideal whilst recognising that only frail humans have any chance of doing so and that opponents of Christian morality are going to focus on those frailties as if they are significant. Which they are not.
spendius

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 05:00 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Given the pre-nup, yes, it is all Tigers money

The simple fact of having a pre-nup gives the entire charade away.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 11:54 am
@spendius,
Quote:
You're obviously too set in your ways for it to be worth my while explaining why.

Says Spendi the fat little pot. Hardly the mark of a man of science, Spendi. More like one who has hit the wall and doesn't like what's been writ there.
aidan

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 12:25 pm
@JTT,
Actually, I think he's described himself as tall and thin.

Did you guys notice that the add for this page is: The ten most common stroke mistakes and how to correct them' - if they'd made it eleven that would have been entirely too clever. Now it's -
'How to marry a millionaire' - funny Laughing Laughing or scary however you prefer to see it.
spendius

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 12:34 pm
@aidan,
My earlier remarks that--

Quote:
I do indeed think that Christian morality is something to hold up as an ideal whilst recognising that only frail humans have any chance of doing so and that opponents of Christian morality are going to focus on those frailties as if they are significant. Which they are not.

are in congruence with the main theme of Mr Obama's speech at the Nobel Prize giving.

I am 6ft tall and without one ounce of cellulite.

George Bernard Shaw married a millionairess. He never apologized for it.
aidan

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 12:43 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
are in congruence with the main theme of Mr Obama's speech at the Nobel Prize giving

So given that your remarks are in congruence with the main theme of Mr. Obama's speech at the Nobel Prize giving, it would follow that you, yourself are in agreement that he was nominated and awarded that prize? Is that true?

I'm just wondering...

And just so you know - you don't get points on the absence of cellulite on a 6' masculine frame. The absence of cellulite as a measurement of fitness is only notable at 5'6 or below on a female frame.
spendius

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2009 12:47 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
So given that your remarks are in congruence with the main theme of Mr. Obama's speech at the Nobel Prize giving, it would follow that you, yourself are in agreement that he was nominated and awareded that prize? Is that true?

I've never thought about it much. I just assumed Norway was trying to get itself off the targeting list.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 05:13 pm
amazing that folks are commenting on tigers monetary woes Shocked

guy could lose 90% of his net worth and still be worth $100 million

not gonna be sleeping in the streets anytime soon
spendius

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 05:52 pm
@djjd62,
I hope you don't go in pubs djj boring people with that sort of obvious stuff and trying to make out it is some sort of insight the rest of us are incapable of.

With the price of beer being what it is pubs are struggling enough.
djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:00 pm
@spendius,
yes, it's an obvious observation, but every where you go, folks (read news organizations) are trying to make the average citizen actually think about this ****, like he's gonna suffer if his wife leaves him or he loses his endorsements

rarely go to pubs as it happens

please resume your highbrow discussion about whores and wives
spendius

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:15 pm
@djjd62,
I'm sorry for being so snotty djj but I have these phoney feminists in the crosswires and your post knocked my elbow.
spendius

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:16 pm
@spendius,
I trust you know that I don't give a shite who Tiger's been shagging.
djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:20 pm
@spendius,
no problem, i knew i wasn't being profound by any standards, just venting a peeve
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2009 06:25 pm
@spendius,
Bloody feminists !! Dont get me started on them. They dont want equality, they dont demand 50% of the dirty and dangerous jobs, they want to work in air-conditioned comfort while denigrating attractive women because they cant compete.