Neighbours from hell!

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:52 pm
Egads, I don't know what a hoon car is, but doof doof translates across cultures.
dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 01:38 am
@littlek,
De doof doof is de devil!!!

Quote:
Hoon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Hoon (disambiguation).

Hoon is a derogatory term used in Australia and New Zealand to refer to a younger person who engages in loutish, anti-social behaviour. In particular, it is used to refer to one who drives in a manner which is anti-social by the standards of contemporary society, that is, fast, noisily or dangerously. While generally applied to automobiles and other road vehicles, anti-hooning legislation also targets hooning behavior wherever it occurs, including motor boats. Hoon activities can include speeding, burnouts, doughnuts or screeching tires.[1] Those commonly identified as being involved in "hooning" or street racing are young, predominantly commodore drivers who are male although increasingly female drivers in the age range of 17 and 35 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoon

Here be a hoon in a hoon car:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/VL_Burnout.jpg/180px-VL_Burnout.jpg

Some steenking hoons stole my lovely and sedate Liberty (best car I had ever owned) and hooned it to death.

Hoons suck.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:37 am
@dlowan,

we are surrounded by multi-family houses that have been broken up into apartments.
we used to have real hellacious ones on the right (there's prolly an old post about them... it was a happy happy day when they all moved out).

new neighbors there aren't as bad now.
we get the friggin doof doof from them about every other weekend in the summer.
the occasional week-night romp merits a call to the landlord.
if that doesn't work, 911...
roger

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:44 am
@dlowan,
Doof doofs are primarily driven by commodore drivers. I'm probably as clear on this as I need to be.
dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:58 am
@Region Philbis,
Lol!!

Well, I was happy to let the late week night party go, to see if they were a habit.

So far, they haven't been.

This is a kind of edgy neighbourhood....which I like. Some very rich folk, some medium, and quite a few poor.

I am happy to live and let live until my boundaries are clearly crossed.

The worst people we have had in my apartment block were two rich kids, brother and sister, whose parents bought them each a place.

One lived on my level, but a way away, the woman lived above me.

They were DISGUSTING.

They were like animals...no wonder rich mumsy and dadsy were prepared to fork out a lot of money to get rid of them. They'd have done better to instil some basic decency and life skills into them.

Boy was a drunken idiot (quite polite to talk to), whose drunken friends made pigs of themselves.

They'd spill all kinds of crap out in the corridor, and not clean it up.

I once left a HUGE sign in a pile of their food droppings saying:

CLEAN UP YOUR ******* FILTH OR WE'LL HAVE YOU THROWN OUT.

This helped a bit. The guy who did the makeover of the building had a daughter living here.

Once, he and his wife were visiting her, in the apartment above the pig, and they saw pig and friends drunkenly throwing (lit) cigarette butts into his wife's open convertible from their balcony.

I hear that he confronted them, and actually punched pig, and made it clear what he would do if the behaviour didn't cease.

Pig moved out quite soon after. Probably used the money for the place on booze.

Female pig used to throw her rubbish bags out into the corridor!!! There were lots of shrieking matches upstairs...with the boyfriend, I suppose.

I finally went out on my balcony and yelled up into their bedroom, where they were shrieking at 2.00 am, to shut the hell up.

Level 4 just about threw a party when SHE left, I can tell you.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:59 am
@roger,
Lol!!!

They DO like their Holdens.

That is why I was so surprised when my sedate, AUTOMATIC, Liberty was stolen.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:57 am
wow, that is hardcore stuff. except for 2 hellish housemates over the last 10 years, i've had much good luck.
worst that happens here is the occasional 5 minutes of drilling holes in the wall on a sunday in the nextdoor apartment.... not much t to complain about. love it.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 05:37 am
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 05:50 am
I was going to do a rant about my neighbours from hell, but then I read Mame's account & decided that mine were pussycats, by comparison. Not very nice pussycats, mind. Anyway, they've moved far, far away & are now driving someone else nut, not me any longer! Very Happy
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 05:55 am

ah, found it --
I wrote:
we used to have neighbors from hell, but they're long gone (thank gawd!)

there was a loud saturday night party a couple times a month -- drinking games, screaming, glass breaking, furniture breaking.

they also enjoyed playing beer can wiffle ball in the wee hours of the mornin'.

never called the cops on them, but i did call their landlord and complain if they were unbearably noisy on a work night...
http://able2know.org/topic/92800-1#post-2563261
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 07:31 am
Dear bunny
Record time and date of any and transgression. record details of said transgressions and action taken
vis.
loud music 10.00pm -3.00 am
action taken called police

violent behaviour 12.00 pm - 12.10 pm
action taken: called police police arrive 12.15pm
keep said record in a safe place.
Inform the owner of the property that you dislike the behavior of his tenants are keeping a record and show owner a sample, with instructions that you are not to be identified.

Neighbours from hell? i been there done that. I'm still here, they aint.

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 09:58 am
I’ve had terrific neighbours up and down the street until a year ago, when two young families moved in a few doors away. It’s not that they’re always particularly loud, though it’s cringe worthy when they occasionally pump crappy 80’s music or the radio into the backyard at high volume, ALL DAY LONG, and maybe they’re not from hell exactly…but their parking habits drive me nuts.

They routinely park on both sides of the street making it difficult for cars to pass. Last winter they blocked a bus from getting through and the driver had to lay on the horn for more than five minutes before one of the idiots sauntered out to move a vehicle. Should have been a clue, right? Nope. It was the exact same scenario the very next night. “WHAT?!” he snarled at the bus driver, who was making the universal “what the f*ck were you thinking?” gesture. “I JUST got home five minutes ago!” as if that makes a whit of difference. The sense of entitlement was staggering.

Lately they’ve taken to parking in front of my house. Right. My house has a fire hydrant. Creeps. They also parked in front of my immediate neighbour’s and overhung his driveway by more than a foot. I’ll mention that there is only one house on the other side of the entire street.

I’m an inch from dropping a dime except that further up the road another clueless new occupant also blocked traffic for a time… and that part of the road now sports “No Parking” signs. I have no idea who complained, but I’m really not very surprised that it became a significant issue.

Then, two nights ago we were regaled with a very loud (albeit relatively short-lived) screaming match between rude guy and his thoughtless wife. That wasn’t the first time, either. I’ll pray for divorce.

God I hate them.

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 10:30 am
Nobody's yet mentioned neighbors with barking dogs, eh?

Across the street our neighbors had SEVEN (yes, 7) Jack Russel Terriers who barked constantly, day and night. The dogs never seemed to set foot indoors.

That high-pitched "yap yap yap!" just about drove us crazy. They eventually got rid of them...
dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:33 pm
@BorisKitten,
Seven Jack Russels is a crime against nature and sanity.
dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:33 pm
@Joeblow,
Creeps!!!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 05:49 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Seven Jack Russels is a crime against nature and sanity.

SO True!

They bark in "threes," that is, "Yap yap yap," PAUSE of 2 seconds, "Yap yap yap."

PAUSE of 10 (joyful) seconds, during which you're really hoping you'll never hear that sound again in your life... "Yap yap yap."

OMG! It's easy to tell a boredom dog-bark from an alarm dog-bark (at least, NOW it is, for us).

Most very annoying, we had to join up with 2 other neighbors and actually sign an affidavit for the local Animal Control to finally get the neighbors to shut them up.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 09:14 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Well, I just called the police.....
lots of what seemed like hitting/kicking noises, and frenzied yelling to "Don't say ANYTHING!!! Don't even ******* TALK!" repeated endlessly.

Perhaps they found the person they thought had phoned the police... Shocked
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 09:16 pm
@BorisKitten,
I once met someone who claimed to have a female Jack Russell!
Pfft. Like that's even possible.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 09:32 pm
This is just after your first post, get some sort of recording device soon.

(so says the annilalatrix)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 09:40 pm
@Eorl,
Eorl wrote:

I once met someone who claimed to have a female Jack Russell!
Pfft. Like that's even possible.

Jackie Russells?