Don't offer sympathy........

Ceili

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 12:21 am
Somebody please get me a tissue. The resident asshole's feelings were hurt.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 01:13 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

I will pet the cat/kitten for you and I was just in the position of being shock at what seem as an insane attack and I did not wish to take over the thread of the woman looking for information on her cat problem.

Not remembering that the gentleman and I had disagree in the past over his "duty" to take a pet to the vet many months ago.

Now I understand what set him off if not the two ladies who then join in.

nowhwere in the previous thread did I claim or mention it was my duty to take a pet to the vet. Therefore Bill's use of the word duty in quotations was a misplaced use of sarcasm, another attempt to speak from the lofty heights of his moral superiority and accomplished nothing but further cementing his position as a snippy little ****. Good work dickhead.
aidan

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 02:52 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
See, I would have read that differently. I'd have thought he was saying it was a duty per se - some people would have seen it as a duty while others would have seen it as an option - after all cats are animals, if your kid is sick there's no question but that you take care of their health and well-being immediately - but the same sort of emergent, immediate care is more of an option for an animal than it is for a person.
Anyway - that's how I read it.
(Not that I believe you are not required to take care of your animals if you have them - I do. I just know if I had a choice of taking my sick kid to the doctor or my sick dog - I'd take my sick kid. So I do have to acknowledge that the animals do take a back seat to people in my own particular scheme of values- and I realize there are other people who would take a sick animal out and shoot it before they'd take it to a vet...).

But I don't find Bill to be the resident asshole. I don't always agree with what he says, but I think he's sincere in his beliefs and they're validly his beliefs. I have more trouble with people who don't like other people not only because of what they say - but also make fun of how they say it.

There are people who have difficulty writing and speaking grammatically and/or correctly. That's not a laughing matter- for the people who struggle with it as children and most especially for those who age/grow into adulthood and wish to express themselves in writing who are just as passionate about what they want to say and continue to try to do it, though they continue to struggle.
BillRM

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 06:29 am
@aidan,
To me and even under the law you do have some "duty" to provide vet care to a sick animal under your care. Surely at least in a moral sense you have some "duty" to the animals that share your life. The word duty was place in " " to indicate that I was not claiming that we all have the same views on the subject.

Yes you do indeed need ot take care of humans first and pay your bills but if memory serve me correctly he was not claiming that he did not had the funds to have a vet look at the cat.

Then he set me off by stating that one of the reasons that he would take the cat to the shelter was to punish his son for some reason. Once more if memory serve me correctly.

Sorry but I an animal lover and to place a family pet into a sitution of almost certain death as a mean to punish another human household member did indeed set me off.

We do have a wide spread veiw of how important pets are and I had seen people at one extreme who leave new born cats in a paper bag and others who had taken those cats in and gone without sleep to feed them every few hours for many weeks.

Most people fall somewhere in the middle.

To sum up I can now see why he blow up but not why he was join by the two ladies.

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 06:47 am
@BillRM,
I just read the thread about the Bears untidy cat. I think that Dave gave the best answer. Put the cats out and feed them outside. We have several cats that live in our dogs kennel house and in the barn. They love it and they are fed and they poop in the woods. Not a big deal. We have six cats but only 2 in the house and those cats understand the rules.

1You **** and pee in the litterboxes (we have 2)

2Any other questions, refer to rule 1

BTW, To whom should I NOT offer sympathy?
BillRM

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 06:50 am
@aidan,
There are people who have difficulty writing and speaking grammatically and/or correctly. That's not a laughing matter- for the people who struggle with it as children and most especially for those who age/grow into adulthood and wish to express themselves in writing who are just as passionate about what they want to say and continue to try to do it, though they continue to struggle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL add to that a speech impediment that allowed the same type of people who attack me now for my writting style to attack me as a child every time I open my mouth.

Those problems however did not stop me from gaining an engineer degree or a good career or having wonderful wife that is far more intelligent then I am.

My big break in life was having a strong loving family and being an only child and grandchild of very loving people.

No amount of attacks on my weaknesses by non-family members had any great effect on my self-esteem as a result of this upbringing.

So in reading the postings that attack me for grammer/spelling I just picture liitle children who never completely grown up and who are still hitting the steel wall of my self-esteem that my family gave me as a gift beyond any possible price.

Ceili

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:22 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
I am used to being attack here for my positions on issues as I am far far from the mean for this group, however offering sympathy to a fellow cat lover that was not something I would think would cause an attack out of the blue.

Really? How do you think this fella felt when he asked for help with his english? One of many examples...
http://able2know.org/topic/138319-1

Quote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL add to that a speech impediment that allowed the same type of people who attack me now for my writting style to attack me as a child every time I open my mouth.

Really? Are we now using dyslexia as an excuse to be rude whenever one feels like it? I love it, this guy follows people around and is a complete asshole on almost every thread he joins in, and now he has Aidan as an apologist? Brilliant.
You reap what you sow.
djjd62

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:27 am
@Ceili,
aidan seems to like lost causes, OSD and now billrm
engineer

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:31 am
@BillRM,
OK, I've read down this thread and then I had to go read about Bear's cats. I didn't read Bill's initial comments as anything especially nasty. He's not the only "animals are like people" poster out there. I think the overall reaction is based on Bill's history of posting nasty stuff so that people read things into even the mildest of posts. With that said, the Internet is a nasty place Bill and getting flamed for no reason (or with justification) is part of the price of participation.

As for the grammar police, I hate that too but I must say, the term is "engineering degree". Smile
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:41 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
To sum up I can now see why he blow up but not why he was join by the two ladies.

Let me help you figure it out ... it's because you're an asshole.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:48 am
@farmerman,
farmerman I can't let my cats outside. They're not allowed to run loose in my development, period. Otherwise, great idea.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:55 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Then he set me off by stating that one of the reasons that he would take the cat to the shelter was to punish his son for some reason. Once more if memory serve me correctly.

Sorry but I an animal lover and to place a family pet into a sitution of almost certain death as a mean to punish another human household member did indeed set me off.

First of all, he didn't set you off. You set yourself off. You choose your own reactions and your own response. Don't try to put the blame for YOUR reactions/responses on him or anybody else.

Secondly, you have completely misunderstood his reasoning behind removing his son's cat. He said his son wasn't looking after the cat so he was going to take it away from him. Similar to taking away a bike he's not looking after. He also stated that he was going to take it to a no-kill shelter, so all your talk of 'almost certain death' is hyperbole. Asinine.

Thirdly, who gives a **** what you think? Who cares if you're an animal lover? Who cares about anything you have to say? Other than Aidan, I mean. This is not your son and not your animal. Why don't you try to mind your own business?
BillRM

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:59 am
@Ticomaya,
Nasty poeple who claims the right to be nasty by charging others with their sins of being nasty.

Logic 101 would seem to find a few problems with that position.

In any case to return to the true spirit of this group you are indeed for the most part assholes and the man Mr. Bear who blowed up seem to have a guilty conscious over his treatment of a family pet and rightly so.

Too bad I am an athiest as it would be nice to think that some universal overlord would bring Mr. Bear back as a cat with a owner who would treat him the same lack of love and respect that he offer his pet.

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:00 am
@BillRM,
Rolling Eyes
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:05 am
He said Mr. Bear had a bad conscious. First of all I conduct my life in such a way that my conscience rarely bothers me. It's a good policy. Secondly, I can spell. Laughing

And just because you're an atheist doesn't mean that God might not bring me back as a cat... or you as exactly what you are again (man that would suck for you and all around you) you arrogant dipshit.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:06 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Thirdly, who gives a **** what you think? Who cares if you're an animal lover? Who cares about anything you have to say? .... This is not your son and not your animal. Why don't you try to mind your own business?

I thought people posted questions to get opinions. It will get boring quickly if we all mind our own business.
BillRM

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:07 am
@Mame,
This is not your son and not your animal. Why don't you try to mind your own business?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now what the fun of that my friend beside if some asshole state in public that he is going to mistreat a pet in order to punish his son, then he is gong to hear my opinion on him so doing.

Hopefully I am getting back into the true spirit once more of hate and disrepect that you people seem to enjoy.

What the hell was a thinking in offering symphy in such a group?

I will try never to allow it to happen in the future.
Mame

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:10 am
@engineer,
Yes, I agree with you. But there's usually a constructive way to provide them. And a limit to what we say. Calling someone an animal killer is not constructive, nor true, in this case.

And with this guy, his judgemental opinions are often perpendicular to what the real issue was about. I don't think he really reads all the words in the posts before he jumps to conclusions and starts pissing people off.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:12 am
@BillRM,
He wasn't removing the cat to PUNISH HIS SON, you idiot. He was doing it because his son is NEGLECTING the cat and he doesn't want to look after it himself. It's not PUNISHMENT to his son if his son doesn't CARE enough about it to look after it. He's actually doing the cat a FAVOUR and the son probably won't even notice it's gone. Do you get it NOW????
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:12 am
well I didn't mistreat the pet I went the distance before I regrettably got rid of her. What my son observed was 2 things. He observed me do everything I could to fix the situation. He then observed that I did what circumstances dictated were necessary in the end like it or not. Result? He stepped up and has been faithfully doing his part to clean up after the animals. Lesson learned, and that's what life is about. **** happens and you learn from it.
0 Replies