Cat is pooping everywhere!!!

lucmel

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 04:56 pm
Is my cat jealous that I'm pregnant? She is pooping all over the house. Any way to stop it???? It's the only thing that has changed. I don't why she is doing this or how to stop it. I'm going to have to give her away to someone if I can't resolve this. She is about 4 years olds and fixed. I have another female cat who is behaving well. She also wants to go in my basement all the time and we just realized that she has been pooping down there as well.

BillRM

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 05:11 pm
@lucmel,
Have her check out by your vet first as something could be wrong with her physical that need treatment that have no connection at all with you being pregnant.

Second, go way out of your way to love her up as when I just introduce a mother cat and one of her kittens to the household my head cat acted very down and unhappy as a result.

After a week or so of going way out of my way to love her up, she is now her old self.

Good luck
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 08:42 pm
@lucmel,
Do you know about the dangers of cat feces to pregnant women. I suggest you Google toxoplasmosis and DO NOT go near the cat poop.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 08:55 pm
@Green Witch,
Yes, here is a good article about toxoplasmosis

http://www.cdc.gov/toxoplasmosis/pregnant.html
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 09:25 pm
@Green Witch,
Most people who been around cats for years already had have that so they have no problem, in fact I think there might even be a test to see if she had already been exposed to that disease.

However it is a good thing to bring up to her as she should allow her husband to deal with the cat **** until afterward just to be on the safe side.

0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 10:33 am
I struggled with this problem with one of my cats... vet, determined no physical problems, each cat a personal clean litter box, she would walk right by it to **** on the floor. Finally had to take her to the shelter. I hated it... but homes are primarily for people.
BillRM

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 11:01 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Finally had to take her to the shelter. I hated it... but homes are primarily for people.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How sad for you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 11:49 am
we've been through this snottiness bill... yes it was a sad moment.... but don't take the moral high ground with me...I'm not playing this game.
BillRM

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 12:06 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
we've been through this snottiness bill... yes it was a sad moment.... but don't take the moral high ground with me...I'm not playing this game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Odd reaction to a posting from one cat lover to another over the lost of a cat.

I never needed to turn a cat into the shelter because of your problem but I needed to be there more then once when I needed to have a vet end one of my cats lives.

Once more a very odd reaction but whatever I still for feel sorry for anyone who had lost their cat for any reason.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 01:44 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
BPB, I've noticed BillRM always has to have the last word, so I guess you can't take it too personal.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 02:00 pm
@Green Witch,
Put him on ignore - the more you argue with him the more platform he's got
to blurt out his utter nonsense.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 03:36 pm
@CalamityJane,
There's this little tiny sadistic voyeur in me that likes to watch Walter, Merry, Setanta et al make intellectual mince meat out of him. Someone has to effect my blood pressure in a bad way to get me to hit ignore.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 05:23 pm
@Green Witch,
The last word? Odd and kind of sad/amusing reaction to offering sympathy to a fellow cat lover need to take his cat to a shelter.

You know guys you are being over the top here.
0 Replies

alabhaois

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 02:55 pm
@lucmel,
Don't give up on her-- I know that problem behavior often can be corrected. I hunted down this link-- good luck!!

http://www.wikihow.com/Retrain-a-Cat-to-Use-the-Litter-Box
0 Replies

alabhaois

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 02:58 pm
@BillRM,
I could never, EVER take my cat to the pound, which is tantamount to the gas chamber.
I take complete responsibility for my cats' welfare and would do anything to find a solution
to the problem.

That's just my opinion but I do take pet ownership very seriously. To me, they're a member of
the family.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 06:00 pm
oh great.

Here we go again , people throwing out judgment on others who make decisions about their animals.

Can we grow up around here please?

Seriously.

To the original question..
Have you changed litter lately?
Moved the litter box?
Not cleaning it as much? Some cats ger REALLY touchy about their litter as they get older and may want it cleaner then before, refusing to use it all together unless in tip top condition.
It could also be the type of litter. Clay litter is cheap, but it is really not the best option for a cat for long term use. granted, that is not a set in stone statement, just that some cats have problems with it.

You could try a new litter first. Paper littler, shweet , or is it sWheet? It is supposedly all plant material and from the people I know, picky cats seem to really like it.

Maybe you can try putting the litter box in the spots she is pooping in? if it has ot be in the living room for a while because that is where she is going so be it. You can slowly move the litter box back to where it was once she returns to using it again.

Cats are touchy. There are many things you can try..

even food.
Have you changed foods ? Or, do you feed a cheap brand? that could be making her belly upset and she may not be able to HOLD it..

0 Replies