Does anyone know how Roberta's doing?

Mame

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 08:14 am
Just wondered if anyone was in contact with her and knows how she's holding up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,554 • Replies: 20
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 08:37 am
@Mame,
she updates her status regularly here
Mame

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 08:38 am
@djjd62,
Thank you, dj.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:12 am
What dj said. In brief, I'm eh.

How you doin'?
Mame

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:15 am
@Roberta,
I was just reading backwards from today in your thread... got to where you were coming out of the hospital...wow, you've been through a LOT. I was missing you and glad he told me about that thread.

I'm good, thanks.

What is/are the word game/s you're doing? I love them, too. Are they online?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 11:31 pm
Here's a link to my favorite word game. Challenging. Please let me know if you like it and how you do. I've been struggling with it since I've been home from the hospital.

http://www.gamehouse.com/online-games/text-express-2-deluxe-online
Mame

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 03:25 am
@Roberta,
Ah, I'm on a Mac and it says I don't have what's required to download it. It's okay, I play Scrabble and a few other games anyway.
djjd62

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 06:51 am
@Mame,
same thing happened to me, lucky i've got scrabble for my PSP
Mame

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 09:01 am
@djjd62,
what's a PSP?
djjd62

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 10:14 am
@Mame,
playstation portable

http://sonybrands.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/sony-psp-3000-gaming.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 05:36 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Ah, I'm on a Mac and it says I don't have what's required to download it. It's okay, I play Scrabble and a few other games anyway.

I don't have a Mac, but I don't download it. I play online. Can you do that?
Mame

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 09:51 pm
@Roberta,
No, I get no access to it. But I'll play Scrabble (Facebook) with you Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 04:53 pm
I'd love to play Scrabble with you, Mame. But not now. I couldn't beat anybody over the age of seven or who had a vocabulary of more than fifty words. I need a little time to get my Scrabble synapses oiled and back in alignment.
Mame

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 08:57 pm
@Roberta,
You just call when you're ready. Until then, I'll practice.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 12:22 pm
Oy. You're gonna practice? Don't overdo.

Before they started messing with my head, I was pretty good at Scrabble--not great.
Mame

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 02:59 pm
@Roberta,
There's all kinds of strategies I just found out Smile There's a guy on line who's a master. I was reading some of his advice and my head started to ache. I play with my sister and a friend and we take turns winning and losing Smile Of course, a lot of it depends on the shape of the board and the letters you get. It's one of my favourite word games but I'm not competitive enough to be a master myself.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 04:38 pm
@Mame,
I keep not joining facebook. Well, I might have signed up, but didn't explore further. I suppose once I'd join I'd be one of the fervent followers of some aspect of it. Scrabble appeals to me somewhat since I lost my happy nytimes sunday crossword fix to money issues. I pretty much forget the rules of scrabble since I was raised on faux Scrabble, called Keyword. Or maybe Keyword was first, who knows. I gather the folks who are real champs get very involved with lists of potential small words, a project that strikes me as a major time suck, and I have other stuff in line for that descriptive.

There was this article in the New Yorker re scrabble a few years ago; fascinating article in its way. I think it was by Judith Thurman, but that's just a guess.

Anyway, I might be just the right dullard for a recovering brain surgery steely bright person and a purported amateur from the north.
Mame

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 04:50 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't do much on Facebook, either, and i had to eliminate all the notices I was getting that So and So got this score or won this, or blah blah. I don't care! BUt it's a good way of sharing pics and videos.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 06:46 pm
I don't like Facebook and stay away. I found a Scrabble game to download today, just to see how I would do. I have no patience for waiting, so I did one of those flash games. In fact, for many years I refused to play against humans. Too much thinking time. (Make a steenkin' woid already!) I didn't do as badly as I expected today. I'm gonna keep practicing.

(Warning: Bragging coming up) I once made a word for 151 points! Smile I'll never forget that. It spanned two triple word scores, and it had an x.

(Bragging over) I'll let you know, Mame, when I feel ready to compete.
Mame

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:03 pm
@Roberta,
Have you tried Lexulous? For some reason it gives you 8 letters but you can play against the computer. Of course, embedded in its program are all the weird and wonderful words we've never heard of so you're bound to lose, unless you cheat, so if you can stand the battering, give it a go.

My biggest scoring word was Manihots for 192. And I've not come that close since.

(hugs)