North Korean Ethnic Bomb

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:11 am
Setanta- Laughing

During the 1960's, I was convinced that the world would be annihilated. When it didn't happen, I realized that one way or the other, the earth goes on.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:11 am
I'm glad you cleared that up, Dys . . . i was startin' to get worried . . .
0 Replies

SunrayMinor

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 04:26 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Setanta- Laughing

During the 1960's, I was convinced that the world would be annihilated. When it didn't happen, I realized that one way or the other, the earth goes on.

The world will but will we..and if we are not is the world a better place for our loss? Better check with the revered and ancient oracle Mr C. Little.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 04:34 pm
Wouldn't it be MS. Chicken little? I thought boy chickens were cocks....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 04:58 pm
No, female chickens are called "cocks".

See these links:

www.cnn.com
www.newamericancentury.org
www.un.org
www.pbs.org
www.dmoz.org
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 05:01 pm
I went to the first, and saw but hippos and Hickocks.....huh?

Gotta go to work - I shall attempt to navigate the crevasses of your cerebellum later...
0 Replies

SunrayMinor

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 06:38 pm
Craven de Kere, keep laughing I'm still working on the story. Gordon Thomas has been sent an invitation to post to this topic. While he is unlikely to grace us with his presence I continue to seek any available information on the story.
http://www.nti.org/e_research/profiles/NK/Biological/

Ps Dear C.Little this morning when I woke up the sky was below me.. what does this mean? Lest the ground rise up and smite thee.
0 Replies

SunrayMinor

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 07:06 pm
Also for the record on the NEW AMERICAN CENTURY there was information relevant to the discussion in a PDF document page 72 of 90
So if your too lazy to do a search for the word Korea on the site then of course all my links will be irrellavent.
http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

But according to Craven' if its not not on CNN its not credible. The emporer has no clothes.
There are none so blind as they who will not see.
0 Replies

SunrayMinor

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 07:20 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
SunrayMinor,

If you'd like to refute my accusation that the nemisis of the genetic bomb is touted without merit please do, but an unrelated list of links won't cut it.

I'm sorry to say Craven that the US Military& Scientific community does not seem to agree with you. I have found mulitple references in publicly availble material that suggest's Mr Thomas article is based on unpopular truths. Any link that I post with appropriate effort will yield some information relevant to the story at hand..Since I am doing all this digging I have decided to write an article of my own citing this bulletin board your comments and my subsequent fishing expedition. Your words are going to find a whole new audience Craven
Dont worry I will make sure I spell your name right.

Can you check with C.Little to see if I can use his Trademark?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 07:33 pm
When I was a kid, people were playing with stink bombs.
0 Replies

SunrayMinor

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:14 pm
The THREAD TOPIC WAS....KOREA
Not to put too fine a point on it but the reason I posted here was because the story interested me. It would seem that since Craven deems the story unworthy that no one else is interested in posting on topic.
Snide remarks and ridicule add levity and humor is always welcome but as a forum for any sort of exploration of available facts this thread is severely lacking. Those of you sitting by quietly on the sidelines should be taking notes on your leaders response to being questioned on his assertions and opinions. I have learned quite a bit about this place in the very short time that I have been here. Perhaps it's my own fault for expecting a higher level of discourse on a site called "Able 2 Know"
I guess I have to go back to useless-knowledge.com.
I invite any of you with a literary talent to post an article for review and publication there. In this day and age where seeing is no longer believing and a picture is no longer worth a 1000 words .. The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!
Sincerely
Stan Bernard
Edmonton Alberta Canada
www.useless-knowledge.com
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:07 am
Awww, poor thing, Cwavy wavy wuined your apocalyptic bleating.

Look, what drives people off is your penchant for hyperbole and outright lies.

Don't whine to me that people don't buy your tales.

You keep posting links that simply do not address my contention at all. A link saying North Korea is working on bio weapons don't cut it. I am damn sure they are.

My contention was that the "sky is falling" cry was hyperbolic and that science hasn't come near the point where a "gene bomb" is imminent despite the chicken littles of the past few decades. People like you have been bleating about the gene bombs for some time.

You folk should really be worried about this here death ray I am working on. ;-)

Your original article posed it as an immediate danger, citing current North Korean delivery mechanisms.

Now you can whine all you want about how it's all my fault that you sound like a voice crying in the wilderness but if your academic integrity is existent at all you'll stop wasting your time posing unrelated links as evidence and address my very simple contention.

Here it is again:

Science has not progressed to the point where a gene bomb is coming from any quarter any time soon. Many people have and will continue to try to make one. Nobody is in the ballpark.

Now, address that. Post something that addresses my contention because I don't care exactly what sensationalistic screenwriter you are enamoured with.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:09 am
Sunray, its not that we don't appreciate,and even prefer discussion of interesting tipics, but when someone "comes out swinging" like you did it makes us less likely to wish to interact with them.
Quote:
..Well I think those comments speak to an unwarranted sense of self importance again unsupported by the limited evidence available here.

and this:
Quote:
You were called out and you folded like a cheap suit
and the rest of your answers on this thread make us not want to deal with you. Sorry. Perhaps if you are polite more people will wish to play with you.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:17 am
Oh, and BTW, this IS an interesting opic to me. Like I said, I've been hearing about this since I was a kid. It has elements that facinate anyone.

I even wanted to write about it. But the bottom line is that the apocalyptic tone is targeted at the audience rather than being sunstantiated by fact.

I have no doubt that North Korea has an active bio weapons program.

I have no doubt that the US, Israel, France and many other nations do.

What I have contested herein has been very very simple: That these tales have circulated for years and people don't give them much credence for a reason, they are hyperbolic and anyone who follows the science community knows we are a far way off.

I have never disputed the details, names and other "evidence". Just made one contention that is simply not addressed by unrelated links.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:59 am
Setanta wrote:
(I've done this so often, but i still get a kick out of it . . . )

The Sky is falling ! ! ! The Sky is falling ! ! !

--C. Little

dyslexia wrote:
the damn sky is NOT falling
(the ground is coming up)

That guy isn't going bald, he's growing a forehead Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 05:50 am
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

good one, Wilso . . .
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 05:53 am
I NEVER make fun of men going bald. I just think, "there but for the grace of God go I", and every other guy who didn't "catch" male pattern baldness.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 08:15 am
To quote Garfield:
I'm not overweight, I'm undertall! Very Happy
0 Replies

SunrayMinor

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 09:21 am
The THREAD TOPIC WAS....KOREA
You cant find or understand the information in the links and page numbers I provide? Can you provide anything to back up your contentions? Your leading edge state of the art knowledge on recombinant d.n.a technology. No. I didnt think so.
If brains were dynamite some people would have trouble blowing their noses. This is officially a dead thread. I need a less conspicious supply of willful ignorance.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 09:23 am
That's right, if we won't play by your rules, you just take your toys and go home . . .
0 Replies