North Korean Ethnic Bomb

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 09:13 pm
Sunray,

I get too many PMs. It means I can't answer my friends and therefore I ask that you do not PM me unwanted stuff. That's all.

My inbox IS sacred except for what I consider worthy. As is yours. Nobody should have to put up with unwanted PMs.

Now if you tout proof as paramount please note the absolute lack of any in the "articles" you are touting.

Frankly, I am not willing to put any effort toward convincing you. We'll have to agree to disagree. and we'll have to do that outside of my inbox.
0 Replies

SunrayMinor

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 09:28 pm
You were called out and you folded like a cheap suit.. why dont you do the work anwer some questions? Who is the North Korean Doctor in the article? Has he had peer review?Who is Gordon Thomas? Where was this article published and when? Never mind I'll do it for you.. piece by piece and item by item..
I dont mind being wrong, but dont tell me I'm wrong without being able to back it up. I'll get back to you .. in the mean time feel free to e-mail me your questions or concerns. My e-mail like my mind is open.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 09:47 pm
I hear the cottonwoods whispering above ...
Hm.m.m.m.m..
Hm.m.m.m.m..
The old hootie owl hootie hoots to the dove -
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 09:53 pm
tsk, edgar, look at what you started.....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 11:07 pm
SunrayMinor wrote:
You were called out and you folded like a cheap suit..

Yup and playground tactics won't make me have more time. Like I said, believe what you want. And we will have to agree to disagree. It happens, such is life. globe-intel often publishes sensationalistic reports devoid of any corroboration, that you are on their mailing list makes neither you nor Gordon right. He's a screenwriter for heaven's sake!

EDIT (I had a few seconds while making an upload):

In any case conspiracy theories about intelligence agencies is a weary task to disprove. "So and so didn't exist? Well you didn't find any record of him because the CIA 'erased' it!"

I don't dispute that such programs exist. I have no evidence but I am sure that they do.

I also do not dispute most of the names and details in the story. I was not there and I do not know.

What I dispute is the alarmist tone and sensationalistic ingerence.

There are already diseases that affect one race more than another. But science is far behind the level of sofistication for the apocalyptic weapons such articles describe.

It's all about timing. Saddam may well have been ab;e to develop a nuke in 10 years or less, but it is now apparent that the mushroom cloud argument for the war in Iraq was hyperbole.

And I contend that this story is as well. Civilian science is far behind what would be needed for such a weapon. We do not even understand genes enough to make a serious effort.

It's possible that the conglomeration of the agencies in the story are that far beyond civilian science but I doubt it. And so do most of the people who verify facts for a living.

As this search indicates news agencies did not give it the time of day either. They didn't even do what they usually do when there is a really juicy story that they have no evidence of; report that it was reported. When the story has gained credibility with anyone it's picked up in the least by reporting that it was reported.

Bush's current criteria for evidence seems to be such that he's be scrawling it on the walls. But he's not.

So, no, I can't prove a nagative here. But I don;t dispute it "out of hand". Being reproachful of a source does not mean the dissent is not the product of careful consideration.

This is a topic I loved for years and I wanted to write a fictional book about it as a teenager.
0 Replies

SunrayMinor

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 01:29 am
Ronald Regan was an actor. Gordon Thomas is a screenwriter. Sticks and stones. The facts of the story that I can confirm through multiple source listings are as follows: Dr Ri Chae Woo is in fact a real person. I can find no citation's or publications in Western online peer review journals.
The story of his defecftion attempt and subsequent disappearance appears in several database in Australia, Russiia & the UK. I am still trying to locate the earliest iteration of the story and will post a follow up of whatyever I find. This is not going to be quick. Rather than post endless articles I will simply post links with relavant data. I read in excess of 1000wpm but scientifc texts and genetic theory are slow going.
The man & the story
http://www.freenorthkorea.net/archives/freenorthkorea/000521.html
http://www.cnsnews.com/ForeignBureaus/archive/200309/FOR20030909a.html
http://www.chosunjournal.com/V9-5-03.html

Research
http://www.pataphysicsmagazine.com/genetic_bomb.html
http://www.newamericancentury.org/
http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0910-15.htm
http://www.fas.org/irp/threat/cbw/96-012.pdf
http://www.fas.org/bwc/papers/21centurybw.pdf
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 02:35 am
I, in turn, have found a much larger link. so I raise you THIS BIG LINK for all those little ones.

Remember that I have never contested the man's name or anything, just decried the sensationalistic nature of the story. If you really wanna play link games find links that detail the desgree of sofistication of the alleged weapons program. Like I said, it's been tried for years. A lil' validation of the apocalyptic tone is in order.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 02:43 am
uhoh - once it comes to the size of the links....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 02:46 am
Have a look at the link and yer bunny ears will droop even lower.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 02:50 am
LOL! I already did.

it is big, but so small.

makes a neat point, though.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 03:08 am
Yeah, thing is the list of links given do nothing to address anything I said. For example, the link to the home page of the "new american century". It says nothing to refute any arguments made on this thread.

People do that a lot in online discussions, they give a list of links and say "so there!" when not a single one of the links refutes any argument.

I really dislike the "debate by way of unrelated link lists" and that was my 5 minute protest against it.

'Twas that or making a list of links with cnn, the UN etc as my "urelated links to refute an argument" tactic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 04:26 am
I don't blame myself - It's the system.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 05:33 am
There's not enough differences in the genetic makeup of people of different races for this to be real.
0 Replies

SunrayMinor

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 09:00 am
You must be a GENIUS.. or a Savant, your one big link has me convinced.(that your an:insert word of choice here)
This story that you pooh pooh has a basis in fact.
If the peoples republic of china is interested enough in this mans expertise who else might be?
Your little forum or nexus has the ability to seek and ascertain available truths on many matters.
The intellectuall water depth displayed by your ONE BIG LINK speaks for itself.
I'll find the information but you wont bother to read or attempt to understand it. You want your information pre-packaged and pre digested so you dont have THINK. So your the big wheel on this board? This board is your creation. Congratulations.
There is a world outside wringing truth from it may require some effort on your part.
Tell you what I'll stay out of your pond and you stay out of the deep end. If your the yardstick by whom I'm going to be measured.. I can find better thigs to do.
Stan Bernard
Edmonton Alberta Canada.
[email protected]
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 09:26 am
Holy Batmobile! This is getting more and more interesting. Looks like the Israelis are creating a bomb that would target Arabs.

http://abbc.com/islam/english/toread/bomb.htm

Now, if someone could concoct a bomb that would seek out and destroy mothers-in-laws and ex-spouses.................... Laughing
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 09:59 am
SunrayMinor,

Rock on dude. Believe what you will, please understand that we can both believe different things without great catastrophe.

If you'd like to refute my accusation that the nemisis of the genetic bomb is touted without merit please do, but an unrelated list of links won't cut it.

But if you contend that it does here is my list:

www.cnn.com
www.un.org
www.g77.org

The "big link" point is that it takes 5 minutes to put something on the web, the reason no serious news agency has brandished the story of yours is because they, like me, place little credence in it.

I think it's unfair of you to get so upset if I don't eat it up. Then again that's standard fare, lots of these types of theories proponents react in much the same way when they don't convince everyone of their tale.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:06 am
(I've done this so often, but i still get a kick out of it . . . )

The Sky is falling ! ! ! The Sky is falling ! ! !

--C. Little
0 Replies

SunrayMinor

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:08 am
http://www.dtra.mil/about/organization/bio%2Dthreat%5Fnew.doc

page 27/28

DTRA, I am not out to convince anyone, I really want to know.
Mass media ignoring a story as a method for determination of story validity hmm whats wrong with this picture.. Out of the mouths of babes..
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:08 am
Setanta wrote:
(I've done this so often, but i still get a kick out of it . . . )

The Sky is falling ! ! ! The Sky is falling ! ! !

--C. Little

Dammit I was just gonna do that in that last post but felt like a theif. Around here you get plenty of chances to do this.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:10 am
the damn sky is NOT falling
(the ground is coming up)
0 Replies