FBI Investigates Man Sending Flowers to Ft. Hood Killer

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:25 am
I don't know what I think about this: http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/nov/10/fort-hood-massacre-shooter-Hasan-lehigh-flowers/

Should the FBI investigate a person for sending flowers to a mass killer? If he includes verse from the Koran? Should the flower company process the order if the card goes through?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,704 • Replies: 11

dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:26 am
@engineer,
actually i don't have any objections.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:51 am
@engineer,
Could the guy have been a friend from the Major's past? If so..., a little sign of support can't be wrong.

If it was an admirer, it would be a tasteless act but I can't imagine a criminal one at that.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:54 am
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:31 pm
@engineer,
Yeah, I have mixed feelings about this, too. My misgivings are twofold -- (1)The questionable taste of sendings flowers to an accused mass murderer; and (2) The FBI's invasion of this man's privacy on grounds no stronger than that his taste is in question.

Where is the breech of national security here? Surely a local born-again Christian type character isn't suspected of being in league with terrorists? If he is, the FBI is making a laughing-stock of itself. That's a parody of dumbness.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:32 pm
@engineer,
Ill volunteer to piss on his grave
Green Witch

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:37 pm
Maybe he's like women who fall in love with convicted serial killers. They are so emotionally disconnected from reality that they are drawn like moths to a flame of notoriety.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:57 pm
@engineer,
I don't see an issue with this - go ahead and investigate, however, the individual's name and any other details should not be made public (ie respect their privacy if nothing is found). FBI investigates for all sorts of things - as long as the person identity and so forth is not made known.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 01:41 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ill volunteer to piss on his grave

You probably need to call ahead 2 months in advance. Or tip the maitre d' something impressive to get to the front of the line without a reservation.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 03:02 pm
For myself, I'm glad the nation is so safe this is all the FBI has on its plate.
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 03:08 pm
@roger,
Good point.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 03:24 pm
@Linkat,
I think I'm in this camp as well. This is so unusual, I think the FBI would have to take some notice, but a quiet investigation would be sufficient, especially when it appears the guy has a screw loose.
0 Replies