what if im getting accused of been the father of a kid and they have the wrong person??

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 10:29 pm
My husband is been accused of child support when we dont even know who the mom is. According to the records the mom gived a name and date of birth and my husband was the lucky one to match the search and now they are trying to get child support. We contacted the office from child support and they where suppot to take care of it but they havent things are getting worst. Now they contacted his employer and thing are getting bad what can i do

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 11:01 pm
@chely720,
You can't identify the mother? What, was this kid found in a cabbage patch or something?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 11:24 pm
@chely720,
chely720 wrote:

My husband is been accused of child support when we dont even know who the mom is. According to the records the mom gived a name and date of birth and my husband was the lucky one to match the search and now they are trying to get child support. We contacted the office from child support and they where suppot to take care of it but they havent things are getting worst. Now they contacted his employer and thing are getting bad what can i do

What does that mean? "[M]atch the search[?]"?!
Have you guys not done a DNA match to rule out the paternity? Or is that part of the search parameters. Because if he is the biological father of the child then he's legally responsible, (or at least that's how I understand it).
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 01:03 am
@joefromchicago,
I think she means that they've never heard of the mother- they have been given her name and neither of them know her.

If this is true, it may be a case of mistaken identity. But I guess your husband has now to prove that he's not the specific 'Robert Jones DOB 8/6/64 (for example) that this woman has named as the father.
Hopefully it'll be easy to clear up - like if she sees him- she tells the truth and says, 'No, he's not the Robert Jones I meant' but I guess it could come down to a DNA test, if she sees him and she's adamant it was him she had relations with.
BillRM

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:33 am
@chely720,
Get a lawyer that have knowledge of this field NOW!!!!!!!!

It will be far cheaper in the long run then trying to deal with this mixed up by yourselves.

If you do not have the resources to go that route I would then find out all the local TV/newspapers troubles shooters services in your area and get on the phone to them.

This kind of a problem would seem to make great copy for them and if they get involved the problem should be solve in short order.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 04:51 am
@chely720,
make sure that the NDA testing is done in duplicate because the methodology is not subject to wild errors due to the cheaper PCR technology. Still, this should be a demand as part of the paternity suite. You can eliminate your husband as a father (of course, it can also nail him down of hes the one)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 05:15 am
DNA test. From a reputable lab. And get a family lawyer. Stat.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:40 am
@chely720,
This happened to a guy a work as well. States are getting aggressive about finding dead beat fathers so they take the info from the mom and do a search to see if they can find the father and make him pay. The guy at work was the wrong age and wrong appearance, but he lived in the right city and had the same name. A DNA test cleared him. The state should have a court order before talking to the employer. Get a lawyer would be a start.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 09:11 am
@aidan,
No need to get a lawyer. Just get in touch with this guy:

http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/userimages/2008/01/maury-povich-show.png

0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 09:28 am
@engineer,
Quote:
The state should have a court order before talking to the employer.

Wow, I certainly agree there! Makes me glad I'm female.

Did the guy have to pay for the DNA test?
engineer

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 09:39 am
@BorisKitten,
The state paid for the test my friend took. He thought it was humorous overall, but no one was trying to garnish his wages.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 09:51 am
you need a DNA test

let's hope that BOTH of you don't know this woman, but the DNA test will settle it
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 12:48 pm
@BorisKitten,
The state should have a court order before talking to the employer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem here is that they might indeed have a court order her husband for example could share the same name and same birth data as the father in question.

Something of that nature is more likely to be what is happening here.
0 Replies