5 months later; BBB can stand straight and can walk

Chumly

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 10:58 am
I'm very happy for you!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 01:00 pm
That's fantastic, BBB! I'm so glad to hear it! Very Happy

( I wish there was a jumping-up-and-down emoticon.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2009 05:25 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:
WOOPIE!!!! It only took five months to get the treatment I needed. Six injections into my lower spine on 10/19 worked. I can now stand straight. I walked across the street to the mail box without crutches the day after the treatment.

Butrflynet is having to prevent me from over-doing my new mobility.

Life is good again.

BBB

That's just wonderful, BBB! I'm really happy for you.

And please do listen to Butrflynet. She's right, you know. Easy does it! Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 11:20 am
This is great news to read.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:36 pm
@ossobuco,
I GOT THE SOB DOCTOR FIRED! He messed with the wrong broad!

My primary physician told me last week that the hospital fired the doctor that wouldn't treat me. She thanked me for my reporting him to the hospital and she was happy he is gone.

His refusal to treat me in June 2009 caused a two month delay in my seeing another doctor. It took over five months to receive treatment that reduced my severe pain.

BBB

georgeob1

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 02:14 pm
I'm very glad to learn that you are feeling better and walking about again.

Now, if that would only alter some of your political views.... Wink
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 02:21 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Good for you, BBB!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 03:08 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

...Now, if that would only alter some of your political views.... Wink

Uh, I wouldn't mess with her, george! (Especially now that she's walking again!)

Good for you, BBB! From what your primary physician said, I gather you're not the only one thankful he's gone.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 04:26 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

I GOT THE SOB DOCTOR FIRED! He messed with the wrong broad!

My primary physician told me last week that the hospital fired the doctor that wouldn't treat me. She thanked me for my reporting him to the hospital and she was happy he is gone.

His refusal to treat me in June 2009 caused a two month delay in my seeing another doctor. It took over five months to receive treatment that reduced my severe pain.

BBB

You're tough BBB. Don't ever change.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 11:47 am
Next week, I hope to have an injection to the inside of my hip to reduce the pain and lessen the need for hip replacement surgery. The injection requires it being done in a surgery room with medication---similar to the six injections to my spine plus another $200 co-pay. Better than having hip replacement if I can avoid it at my age.

On december 15th, I will begin physical therapy to restore the muscle strength in my legs. This also will strengthen my back muscles as well, making it easier to stand and walk. I want to be able to resume some of my ability to maintain my house so butrflynet does not have to do everything.

BBB

georgeob1

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 12:04 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Damn ! She's up an about again !!! OK, I was just kidding about changing your political views. Wink

Hang in there BBB. I had a knee replacement a couple of years ago and rotator cuff (shoulder) repair a couple of years before that. Key lesson for me both times was the physical therapy is important. The final results will depend in major part on your persistence and how much effort you put into it.

The therapists will also, to some extent, follow your lead in determining how much activity you want to push for. Don't send them signals you don't really intend. Sometimes it's hard to make progress in range of motion, strength & stability, etc. , but if you can the results are lasting.

Good luck !
0 Replies