I saw a Metro-Sexual

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 10:41 am
@maporsche,
Everyone is fair game - even the homeless pukey drunk I mentioned.
maporsche

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 10:50 am
@Linkat,
Not everyone is fair game. At least not to every poster on every thread.

Some people obviously think other classes, races, sexes, lifestyle choices, are to be protected. I'm just curiuos why not this particular person/group of people, in this particular case.
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 10:51 am
@maporsche,
Ah you're just angry because you are a metro-sexual.
maporsche

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 10:53 am
@Linkat,
That's not why; I'm angry because the last 2-3 days I've been called a racist for simply speaking out against a policy of Obama's I disagreed with.

I see people defending the poster of some of the most hateful comments I've read in a while; and those same people are over here making fun of another class/group of citizens.

It seems hypocritical to me; but I've been wrong before.
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 10:58 am
@maporsche,
I'm just kidding....didn't really mean to make your blood boil...trying to get a laugh actually....

But you should know that any dig on the president (whether it be a policy or something that would actually be racist) immediately marks you as a racist- don't ask me why because it isn't logical just one of those unanswered questions of the universe.

And I don't think the poster meant any harm on the metrosexual thing - was just pointing out unusual visions on the wonderful world of public transportation.
maporsche

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 11:01 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I'm just kidding....didn't really mean to make your blood boil...trying to get a laugh actually....

Here you go.....

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing

Bloods not really boiling; I'm just really confused about some things lately.
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 11:05 am
@maporsche,
Well I'm always confused.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 12:13 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Something about this post just sounds wrong to me....not the description of the person, but the fact that someone thinks it's ok to make fun of them for dressing nicely and using feminine products (nail polish).

You described seeing this person as a 'nutjob' experience.

Really? Are you not the same Gala that is complaining on another thread about the way black people are treated in the USA? But you think it's ok to come over here and say these things about metro-sexuals? What if he wasn't a metro-sexual, but was actually gay or transgendered. Would it still be ok to make fun of them?

If I had had a conversation with said metrosexual I probably would have liked him. But there is something so comical to me about straight guys who coif. And to clarify your point, he could have been gay, too, but I doubt it. This guy was an uber-coiffer. He more than likely has a bazillion more toiletries than I do.

He is not a nutjob. But other people live in less conservative place than I do and I knew they'd post some stories. Although, I could have used a better choice of words, because in reality, the people who walk around with iguanas on their shoulders, or spout at the top of their lungs that Sherlock Holmes is riding the subway with them are really interesting people.

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 02:30 pm
I've long hoped that males would start wearing tights, lace, and codpieces again. So darned cute!
aidan

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 03:00 pm
@Gala,
I usually find very masculine men more appealing so that sort of precludes manicures and nail polish and tweezed eyebrows but the other day I saw this bald guy with a very handsome face (sort of like Andre Agassi actually) and very subtly tweezed (or waxed - I don't know) eyebrows and it didn't turn me off as it usually does.
Maybe I'm just getting more used to seeing it on men or something.
Gala

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 03:54 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
I usually find very masculine men more appealing so that sort of precludes manicures and nail polish and tweezed eyebrows but the other day I saw this bald guy with a very handsome face (sort of like Andre Agassi actually) and very subtly tweezed (or waxed - I don't know) eyebrows and it didn't turn me off as it usually does.
Maybe I'm just getting more used to seeing it on men or something.

I prefer the less groomed look any day. Although, once in a while, as you've mentioned, there's a man or two who can really pull it off.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 03:55 pm
@BorisKitten,
! Boriskitten, only if they're in shape...have you been on public transportation lately? Wait, let me rephrase that, have you been in a public place lately.
BorisKitten

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 06:10 pm
@Gala,
Quote:
Wait, let me rephrase that, have you been in a public place lately.

Oh, Lots n Lots... in rural Florida, hon, trust me... it's another world.

Have YOU seen lots of pick-up trucks with rebel flags planted on the beds? Then you haven't been in rural FL.
BorisKitten

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2009 06:12 pm
@BorisKitten,
Oh, yeah, and (replying to self)...

Codpieces just SO don't work with those beer guts!
Gala

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 08:30 am
@BorisKitten,
Quote:
Oh, Lots n Lots... in rural Florida, hon, trust me... it's another world.

Have YOU seen lots of pick-up trucks with rebel flags planted on the beds? Then you haven't been in rural FL.

I've never been to rural Fl., but my brother lived there briefly, and he had stories to tell
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 08:35 am
@BorisKitten,
Quote:
Oh, yeah, and (replying to self)...

Codpieces just SO don't work with those beer guts!

The same thing goes for older men who wear those racing Speedo swim suits.
0 Replies