I saw a Metro-Sexual

Gala

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 07:53 am
riding on the subway today. He had on a high quality fiber light blue fitted sweater, expensive jeans, and those all the rage among men pointy square shoes. He fiddled with his iPhone and then I saw...the manicure. Not only were his nails perfectly shaped, they also had a coat of clear nail polish on them.

Wow. He had an expensive haircut too. Groomed. No older than 30.

What the...?

I bet the guy has more toiletries than I do.

Where the hell is Gus? I'd much rather see him on public transit.

Tell your nutjob public transportation stories here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 3,771 • Replies: 35
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 07:57 am
@Gala,
Back when I was in college I rode the T with a punk rocker and his rather friendly dog.

They were wearing matching spiked collars.
Gala

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 08:17 am
@jespah,
I think that's kind of cool. I like the contrast of the angry punk look with a tail-wagging friend. How come they let a hound on the T? Was it a seeing eye dog?

A bunch of years ago I was in line at the bank and there was a guy with a bazillion tatoos and piercings and he had a rottweiller with him. The dog rested at his feet as his owner was with the teller. Every now and again the owner would look down at his dog, and the dog would look up at him lovingly and he'd say "You're such a good boy."

farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 08:28 am
@Gala,
These well quaffed metrosexual men are actually werewolves on an outing . Beware the night!!!
Gala

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 08:48 am
@farmerman,
Some outing. They don't need other people, they just need a bunch of mirrors. Or a calm lake to gaze.

Although, I have to admit I'm peevish about nails, and his did look good. I thought the laquer was over the top, but the filing job-- very impressive.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 08:58 am
I used to ride the Green Line to Northeastern for evening classes. They didn't
charge extra for the entertainment. You had screamers, singers, and orators.
Different show every night. I was wearing a tweedy Irish walking hat one
time and a large, loud lady was convinced I was Sherlock Holmes. And
introduced me to the rest of the car. At the top of her lungs. Which were
considerable.
Gala

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 09:46 am
@George,
Quote:
I used to ride the Green Line to Northeastern for evening classes. They didn't charge extra for the entertainment. You had screamers, singers, and orators. Different show every night. I was wearing a tweedy Irish walking hat one time and a large, loud lady was convinced I was Sherlock Holmes. And introduced me to the rest of the car. At the top of her lungs. Which were
considerable.

Too funny. Thanks for posting, it made me laugh.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 11:20 am
@George,
Know exactly what you mean about that line, George. I once saw a bearded dude get on the Green Line "E" train with a live iguana perched on his shoulder. True story.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 11:23 am
All sorts of characters - I've had a drunk next to me who dropped his bottle and leaned over as if he was about to puke at 7:30 in the morning. I got up and moved - honestly I wasn't looking forward to stepping in or even worse having puke all over me. He called me a f*cking c*nt. I guess he took offense that I didn't like puke.
NickFun

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 12:37 pm
Come to LA and you'll see thousands of them walking down Hollywood Boulevard.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 12:57 pm
@Linkat,
Oh geez. Not only does it sound unpleasant, but it seems so inconvenient to get puked on.
chai2

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 12:59 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

These well quaffed metrosexual men are actually werewolves on an outing . Beware the night!!!

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's

His hair was perfect.

(I'd like to meet his taylor)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 01:04 pm
I saw some hetero-sexuals at the park yesterday, they were groping and fondling each other like minks on a cold winter afternoon, will post pics later.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 01:19 pm
@Gala,
Most definately inconvenient - why I drive now.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 01:58 pm
@Gala,
I just read another new word - mantrums - I guess Jon Gosselin is known for throwing them.

Love that word need to use it.
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 05:45 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
mantrums

Lolstrong

T
K
O
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 03:46 am
@Gala,
Nope, far as I'm aware, you can take a pooch on the T so long as it's either crated or leashed. Or in a purse, I suppose.

And yes, this was the Green Line. Where else can you get entertainment for such a low (even adjusted for inflation) price?
Gala

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 07:59 am
@Linkat,
I saw it in the paper this morning, too. I look at him and think frat boy. He's all puffed up from beer and usually glassy-eyed and wears really bad clothes, with a bad hairstlye and the silly piercings (some people can pull this off.)
You know the holloween debate thread, where the 20 years old wants to trick or treat? I think she ought to do it, cause she'll have fun. But the debate comes down to acting your age. In the case of John Gosselin, he really needs to do some speedy growing up.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 08:04 am
@jespah,
Quote:
Nope, far as I'm aware, you can take a pooch on the T so long as it's either crated or leashed. Or in a purse, I suppose.

Who knew. The only time I see people with dogs are the seeing eyed dogs. There's one woman who uses one and at the top of the harness she's put a sign that says: "Don't even think about petting me."

When I think of it, they have the no smoking, eating, dring signs but none with a dog with a bar through it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 09:36 am
@Gala,
Something about this post just sounds wrong to me....not the description of the person, but the fact that someone thinks it's ok to make fun of them for dressing nicely and using feminine products (nail polish).

You described seeing this person as a 'nutjob' experience.

Really? Are you not the same Gala that is complaining on another thread about the way black people are treated in the USA? But you think it's ok to come over here and say these things about metro-sexuals? What if he wasn't a metro-sexual, but was actually gay or transgendered. Would it still be ok to make fun of them?