wash your hands

farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 01:41 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
The problem with neuroses is that they are not logical.
This is how A2K turns from discussing topics to turning on one another> E-, if you feel that you dont give yourself any additional protection by grabbing door handles in public washrooms, you certainly are entitled to that belief. However, making the obverse statement that all those who dont believe as you are somehow deranged is childish.
Ill continue to sh my hands in a restroom and then using the last towel, I open the door and then, holding the door with the tip of my shoe, I toss the towel into the trash container. Its actually easy and Ive been given that admonition by a physician fried of mine whose an ER chief at A lncaster hospital. His comment is that "it certainly cant hurt and may seriously help in immuno protection" .

Hes more of a fanatic about keeping our immune systems peaked by proper diet and watching intakes of **** like alky, smoking, and hF corn syrup sodas, proper exercise and restorative sleep.

farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 01:43 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
By the way, how do people like you ever survive being a parent of a toddler
How is someone as bitter as you able to function in society?
maporsche

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 01:44 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

proper diet and watching intakes of **** like alky, smoking, and hF corn syrup sodas, proper exercise and restorative sleep.

What a ******* weirdo. He need to get his neuroses in check. Very Happy
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 01:50 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

Quote:

By the way, how do people like you ever survive being a parent of a toddler

How is someone as bitter as you able to function in society?

I have always wondered how someone as sweet as you ever got by.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 01:55 pm
@ebrown p,
Yeah I once read a report that a test was done on mints that are left in a bowl when you leave restaurants - they found traces of urine on them - I guess the same sort of person that does not wash his hands after urinating, also does not use the spoon that is provided for use of retrieving these mints.
chai2

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 02:01 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
The problem with neuroses is that they are not logical.
This is how A2K turns from discussing topics to turning on one another> E-, if you feel that you dont give yourself any additional protection by grabbing door handles in public washrooms, you certainly are entitled to that belief. However, making the obverse statement that all those who dont believe as you are somehow deranged is childish.
Ill continue to sh my hands in a restroom and then using the last towel, I open the door and then, holding the door with the tip of my shoe, I toss the towel into the trash container. Its actually easy and Ive been given that admonition by a physician fried of mine whose an ER chief at A lncaster hospital. His comment is that "it certainly cant hurt and may seriously help in immuno protection" .

Hes more of a fanatic about keeping our immune systems peaked by proper diet and watching intakes of **** like alky, smoking, and hF corn syrup sodas, proper exercise and restorative sleep.

But don't you understand FM?

Remembering to do all these things is just so incredibly HARD.

The only way anyone could possibly remember to follow ALL these complicated steps would be if they are totally OCD.

Isn't it enough to have to remember for a gal to pull up her pants after pissing, or for a guy to tuck his dick away?

I mean, beyond that is just ******* crazy stuff, and people who can hold so much in there head are either geniuses, or need to be institutionalized.

You know, just the other day, I was walking around with a piece of **** in my hand, and was just about to wipe it off so I could rub my eye. Thankfully, someone saw me about to do that, and reminded me how neurotic I was being.

Thank goodness I was kept from looking foolish.

Anyway, what's all this talk of bacteria and virus? It obvious that if they are too small to be seen, they can't do you any harm.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 02:08 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Yeah I once read a report that a test was done on mints that are left in a bowl when you leave restaurants - they found traces of urine on them - I guess the same sort of person that does not wash his hands after urinating, also does not use the spoon that is provided for use of retrieving these mints.

oh god oh god oh god.

Someone used to work here that had those god awful artifical nails, those really long carmela soprano ones. she was always on the verge of dying from some cold or some other nasty symptom. She just loved touching everything around her, incessantly. Picking, rubbing, scraping at something. It was like watching a baboon pulling ticks off its ass.

One time I was noshing on some popcorn, and she asked for some. I turned to pull a paper bowl over to split it with her, but she already had her nasty claws and christ only knows what was under them, buried in the popcorn bowl.
She rummaged around for a few seconds, then lifted out as much as she could.

That's ok, you take that bowl, I'll make another.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 02:17 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
The little obsessive rituals you perform don't even work the way you want them to.

Well, nice try at suggesting that I'm O/C, but that won't fly.

Since this is the way hospitals train their employees, I'm gonna assume they know more about it than you do, m'kay?

ebrown p wrote:
These same people who leave the toilet without washing their hands... well they handle the money you have in your wallet. They press the ATM keys you use at your bank. They touch the chair you touch at a restaurant. They read the magazines you read in waiting rooms. They touch your steering wheel when leave you car with a valet or at the shop.

Which is why I generally use hand cleaner just before I touch my face or my food with my hands.

Germs are in the environment. Yes, thanks for the news flash. At the same time, I don't ignore their presence.

ebrown p wrote:
The world is filled with fecal matter.

Are you going around licking toilet seats then? Since you can't avoid it and all....

ebrown p wrote:
I suppose this germaphobic behavior would make a bit of sense if you were consistent. After all, it doesn't make sense if you come out of the bathroom with your non-door-contaminated hands only to pick up one of the sh!t covered pens that are lying around all of our workplaces.

Generally, I use my own pens, and my own computer keyboard. My job requires that I visit different offices, and use different people's keyboards, and when I do, I use hand cleaner.

ebrown p wrote:
You could put on rubber gloves every time you take out your wallet. You could use disposable little straws to push the ATM buttons. You could insist that no one at your workplace touch your personal keyboard.

Nice appeal to extremes, there. That's still a logical fallacy, last time I checked.

ebrown p wrote:
But, then there is the fact that those of us who don't obsess over "fecal matter" live perfectly happy, healthy lives.

Again, your attempt to portray me as "obsessed" says more about you than it does me. I take precautions that are reasonable to me, and you're full of fecal matter if you think you know better than I do what's reasonable to me.

My life is pretty happy and healthy, too. My "obsession" doesn't seem to have impacted the quality of my life, so I'm not sure why you seem so threatened by it.

ebrown p wrote:
By the way, how do people like you ever survive being a parent of a toddler?

Quite well, thanks. We've taught our kids to wash their hands.

You stated earlier that you wash your hands. Why do you bother? Pretty hypocritical of you to draw a line and say "my precautions are reasonable, but yours aren't."

Just another case of ebrown deciding the way the world should be, and then trying to portray everyone who doesn't agree as "unreasonable".
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 02:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Oh no... I think I have to wash my eyeballs after reading your post. I don't want to catch that cold you have! Neutral Wink
Better use Clorox Bleech to disinfect them.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 02:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Good idea! I guess that could also double for preparing for my Halloween costume. Use the entire bottle to bleach the color out my hair and my eyes. Go trick or treating as an albino!
Twisted Evil

Wink
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 02:35 pm

It makes no sense to call your IMMUNITY SYSTEM your "immune system"
as if all of your systems were vulnerable, except that one, which is immune.

It is the function of that system to provide u with IMMUNITY
and therefore: it is your IMMUNITY SYSTEM.

David
Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 02:37 pm
@chai2,
Nice line..."It was like watching a baboon pulling ticks off its ass."

I'll have to tuck that one away for future use.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 04:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
as if all of your systems were vulnerable, except that one, which is immune

Both words are correct as adjectives. I dont hear "Immunity system" much though. It sounds sort of like a legal term doesnt it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 04:12 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
as if all of your systems were vulnerable, except that one, which is immune

Both words are correct as adjectives. I dont hear "Immunity system" much though.
It sounds sort of like a legal term doesnt it.

Re-iterating: if u have a lot of systems and one of them is IMMUNE,
whereas the others are exposed and vulnerable, then
that is the correct description.

That is not how it IS.

It is our IMMUNITY SYSTEM because its function is IMMUNITY.

I expect the USSC to tell us that the right to keep and bear arms is a constitutional IMMUNITY.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 04:17 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
Thomas - how's the employment situation going?

Only started looking this month. No hit so far.
Mame

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 04:54 pm
@Thomas,
Nice time off, Thomas! Best of luck - with your brains you should be hired in no time.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 04:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Good idea! I guess that could also double for preparing for my Halloween costume.
Use the entire bottle to bleach the color out my hair and my eyes. Go trick or treating as an albino!
Twisted Evil

Wink

Don 't forget your skin !
Bleech is cheap by the gallon.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 09:18 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

intrepid wrote:
littlek wrote:
Antibacterial soap for help prevent the flu? Hello! Flus are caused by viruses and viruses aren't destroyed by anti-BACTERIA-ls.

According to the CDC, handwashing is an important part of preventing the flu.

Littlek's point was that antibacterial soap doesn't help against viruses like the ones that give you the flu. Somehow I'm not finding the part in your quote where the CDC recommends antibacterial soap against flues. Could you show this part to me, please?

You are absolutely right. I advocate regular soap and water and alcohol based hand cleaner.

It was not my intention to mislead regarding anti bacterial soap. Thank you for correcting me and making me realize my error.
0 Replies