Why All The Hate?

Pemerson

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 03:36 pm
Oh, Frank A. served a purpose, he sure did. Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Jeremiah. We all had such fun with it all, didn't we?
manored

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 04:16 pm
@George,
George wrote:

I wonder whether the believers think this forum is mostly atheists and the
atheists think it is mostly believers. Hmmm . . .
An interesting possibility =)

tsarstepan wrote:

To quote out of context a great American philosopher!!
Quote:
Pick a side!! We're at war!!

But there can be more than two sides in a war... maybe you can make your own! =)

Khethil wrote:

If a theist believes in a god or gods and an atheist doesn't believe in a god or gods; and if this terminology is about belief (not knowledge), then how might there be an inbetweener?

"I don't know what I believe"?
Its possible to not know, if you dont care. Perhaps you would need to deeply analyze yourself to find out, but you dont bother to do so because you dont care either way.

Pemerson wrote:

What difference does it make whether someone believes, or does not believe, in religion or God. They still look the same, act the same, are the same. Maybe some people feel superior because they belong to this religion, or that, or none.

How very dumb, when you stop and think.
I dont agree, one's beliefs influence how they live. Most professional assassins probaly arent christians, or not very dedicated ones at least. Perhaps there is something you would really like to do, but dont do because your religion is against it. And it goes on.
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 04:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I'm a devout atheist and I ignore any of the pro-religious zealots when they go on a flaming tear (no matter what forum or medium they use to spread their hate). Thankfully, they're not that prevalent here.

As Engineer mentioned, most people here are rational and reasonable and actually particularly thought provokingly skeptical individuals. And those who are on the fair side of spiritualism are soft spoken and compassionate enough to tolerate us godless heathens. Wink

ROFL hate much?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 06:11 pm
@Pemerson,
That brings up that Frank Apisa was one of many a2k agnostics and atheists (of either sort) who know the bible extremely well.
0 Replies