Gee your hands look terrific!

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 08:31 pm
Do you remember that shampoo called Gee your hair smells terrific? That doesn't have anything to do with this. It just popped into my head.

I met Mo's new dentist the other day and she reached out to shake my hand and I couldn't belive how soft her hands were. It was totally insane.

It has made me very self concious about my hands, which I have always just considered tools, and they look like I have always considered them to be tools.

I never met my grandmother, she died when my mom was 17, but when my mom talked about her she would always talk about her beautiful hands.

My mom has pretty hands too. She takes good care of them.

My hands are like crap I tell you. I have nails that people would die for but I cut them down to the skin because they get in my way unless I'm using them as a screwdriver. I hardly think about my hands but now I find myself thinking about them a lot.

Do you take care of your hands?

How do you do it?

Can my hands be saved?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 790 • Replies: 8

roger

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 08:33 pm
@boomerang,
Gee your hands look terrific!, Mrs Cleaver.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 08:34 pm
@boomerang,
I can't help you. My hands look like tools..
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 08:36 pm
@boomerang,
Seriously, I'm having very good results with jojoba oil as a moisturizer, but use on the hands is only incidental with me. Like you, I consider them as tools, but way too short for screwdrivers.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 09:08 pm
Boomer, I use Vaseline Intensive Care on my hands. The skin is very soft and smooth. I don't use it daily, just a few times a week--and when my hands have been in water a lot.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 09:56 pm
I always wash my hands after I take a crap. Therefore, they are soft and young looking.
roger

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2009 10:03 pm
@NickFun,
The rest of us will probably stick with toilet paper.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 06:41 am
Washing you hands is one of the things that dries them out! With flu season here I've been washing my hands more and that's probably the reason they are so awful. They actually even kind of hurt they're so dry.

Maybe I need some good lotion and some of those Dr. gloves like the dentist had on prior to shaking my hand.
mismi

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2009 06:51 am
@boomerang,
They do have these gloves that you use to go to sleep with. They have some kind of moisturizer in them...but they make me hot and I can't stand for my hands to be hot.

I think it is just about moisturizing as much as you can and wearing gloves when you can. My hands look rough...but I too use them and I happen to be a bit of an accident waiting to happen.

I just have to face it. I am one of those people who just don't want to bother with all the little things. It's annoying...and one more thing to do.

I try to keep them filed nicely - nails in shape and buffed - cuticles moisturized and wear gloves when I think about it - otherwise - pooh.
0 Replies