Sen. Joe McCarthy's Legacy

kev

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:58 pm
Shoes,

I couldn't find the audio tape, but this is the transcipt,

http://cuban-exile.com/doc_051-075/doc0062c.html

Their conversation wanders all over the place so I extracted the main bits.

Informant: I don't know, I think Kennedy is coming here on the 18th, or something like that to make some kind of speech, I don't know what it is, but I imagine it will be on the T.V., and you can be on the look for that, I think it is the 18th that he is suppose to be here. I don't know what it is suppose to be about.
Subject: You can bet your bottom dollar he is going to have a lot to say about the Cubans, there are so many of them here.
Informant: Yeah, well he will have a thousand bodyguards don't worry about that.
Subject: The more bodyguards he has, the easier it is to get him.
Informant: What?
Subject: The more bodyguards he has the more easier it is to get him.
Informant: Well how in the hell do you figure would be the best way to get him?
Subject: From an office building with a high powered rifle, how many people (room noise tape not legible) does he have going around who look just like him? Do you know about that?
Informant: No, I never heard that he had anybody.
Subject: He has got them.
Informant: He has?
Subject: He has about fifteen. Whenever he goes any place they (not legible) he knows he is a marked man.
Informant: You think he knows he is a marked man?
Subject: Sure he does.
Informant: They are really going to try to kill him?
Subject: Oh, yeah, it is in the working. Brown himself, Brown is just as likely to get him as anybody. He hasn't said so, but he tried to get Martin Luther King.
Informant: He did.
Subject: Oh yes, he followed him for miles and miles, and couldn't get close enough to him.

Informant: That is right. They are individual operators, we don't want that within the party. Hitting this Kennedy is going to be a hard proposition, I tell you, I believe, you may have figured out a way to get him, you may have figured out the office building, and all that I don't know how them Secret Service Agents cover all them office buildings, or anywhere he is doing, do you know whether they do that or not?
Subject: Well, if they have any suspicion they do that of course. But without suspicion chances are that they wouldn't. You take t here in Washington, of course it is the wrong time of the years, but you take pleasant weather, he comes out on the veranda, and somebody could be in a hotel room across the way there, and pick him off just like (fades out).
Informant: Is that right?
Subject: Sure disassemble a gun, you don't have to take a gun up there, you can take it up in pieces, all those guns come knock down, you can take them apart.

Informant: Boy, if that Kennedy gets shot, we have to know where we are at. Because you know that will be a real shake, if they do that.
Subject: They wouldn't leave any stone unturned there no way. They will pick up somebody within hours afterwards, if anything like that would happen just to throw the public off

13 days later kennedy was assassinated and investigator Robert Groden sifted through the thousands of photos taken that day and Milteer, (or if it wasn't him a man who was his double) was standing in the crowd on Elm st., coincidence? or had he travelled all the way from his Georgia home to witness a rare event?
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 01:44 am
Kennedy Assassination
Sorry, Kev. NO SALE.

Do you really consider all of that conclusive proof? Do you really believe that this was an actual conversation? Do you really think that the fact that it was on a TV program makes it authentic? Do you really believe that because it is on the Internet it is authentic? Shocked
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 05:13 am
Re: Kennedy Assassination
shoesharper wrote:
Sorry, Kev. NO SALE.

Do you really consider all of that conclusive proof? Do you really believe that this was an actual conversation? Do you really think that the fact that it was on a TV program makes it authentic? Do you really believe that because it is on the Internet it is authentic? Shocked

question 1. ans no
" 2. " yes 100%
" 3. why would police lieutenant kay tell the story on a T.V. program 30 years after the event and make it up? so ans yes 100%
as to question 4 ans no.

Don't forget that I have seen Lieutenant Kay explain this story in detail "From his own lips"

However, whether none of it, part of it, or all of it is true, is beside the point, hoover received the information and took no action to find out whether it was genuine or not, so the point is HE didn't know whether it was true or not, and JFK was allowed to ride around 13 days later in an open top car at 10 miles an hour.

At worst, hoovers lack of action looks sinister given that his hatred of the kennedy's was no secret, and if you put him in the most favourable light he looks like one almighty piss poor law enforcement officer.

Plus over 40 years Iv'e read at a guess 100 books by some of the most respected researchers, dozens of documentaries, and heard the testimonies of every witness, etc etc but I can't present all that in a few paragraphs.
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 01:47 pm
Hoover
But Kev, if you could present it all in one paragraph, it still would not be conclusive proof of anything. There are still too many unknowns and too many people drawing their own conclusions. I doubt that the real facts will ever be known. If you have answers that satisfy you, fine. But I don't. Smile
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 01:48 pm
Hoover
But Kev, if you could present it all in one paragraph, it still would not be conclusive proof of anything. There are still too many unknowns and too many people drawing their own conclusions. I doubt that the real facts will ever be known. If you have answers that satisfy you, fine. But I don't. Smile
0 Replies