Swine Flu/H1n1 (whatever) should change travel plans

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 12:32 pm
@sozobe,
Yes, the young healthy part is the scary one. We haven't seen it yet in my kids' school. But when I was at the doctor's I overhead the receptionist says "so your child has a classmate diagnozed with H1N1..." So it is definately here, but not yet that close.

I did see a quick blurb on the news that warned if your child begins to show signs of getting better, but then starts to get worse - that is a warning sign it could go bad quickly.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 12:34 pm
@sozobe,
Nice feeling - going into your brain and I thought a throat culture was painful and uncomfortable.
sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 12:36 pm
@Linkat,
Yeah, colorful, huh!

My friend's son had the test Monday and he was hysterical. I was already sympathetic but now I'm more sympathetic. Ack.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 12:37 pm
@Linkat,
I have had the seasonal shot and will get the H1N1 when available here. I've low level (usually) asthma (no cats my lady) and am over 65, which is also on the cdc list. Have had a pneumonia shot within the last few years, so that should be protective re post flu pnemo. I guess I'm fatalistic. I'm more worried about all the children who won't get the shots.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 12:40 pm
@sozobe,
I did nasal swabs in my lab training days. My least favorite thing..
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 12:41 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
My friend and I were just musing about whether it would be SO bad if we just homeschooled our kids for a month or two. Or three.

We are really, really happy that we decided to homeschool Yaya for Kindergarten. We've also temporarily ditched dance lessons.

On that note, Yaya and Keetah have some close friends who are sisters about their same ages. Big sister came down with the flu, 105 degree fever, etc. They sent little sister to dance class even though big sis is so sick....

Someone came to our company meeting despite being sick with the flu. Kinda makes you wonder about their judgment on other matters, eh?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 12:48 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm more worried about my children as well - I figure I will call the doctor's the beginning of Nov to see if they have any further info.
0 Replies