How to have ANY guy to like you (help!!!) :(

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 04:27 pm
OK i REALLY need help I'm single and i want to find a guy. but the thing is NOBODY and i mean nobody thinks i'm gorgeous, beautiful, or even the least bit of pretty! its soo sad to see that soo many ppl are so cruel to even think that! Im just waiting on Mr. Right to come along can somebody plz Help me!!!!! i've already had like six b/fs! its a nightmare that i just want to pinch myself and wake up from! help Me plz! Im desperate!

-Tatugurl03 Sad Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,133 • Replies: 27
No top replies

kerver

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 04:58 pm
Hey tatugar, welcome to a2k!
I think your being to critical about yourself. Waiting for "Mr. Right" isn't the way to go either. Things always happen when you least expect them. So follow that, and just relax, let your sub-consious mind do the rest.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 07:34 pm
Lets see...you've already had a few boyfriends so, theres something those guys liked...no being down on yourself now.
The best thing to do is to be yourself, and you will find someone who likes you for you.
kerver is right in waiting for mr right...dont limit yourself to something you have in your mind of a mr right as the real mr right may slip right by while you're trying.
Relax and enjoy being single when you have it! Doing for yourself and about yourself helps build your own self esteem/self confidence which can certainly turn a head or two all by itself.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 10:46 pm
nicely said quinn
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 10:57 pm
Quinn speaks the truth. . .

Have fun being single, enjoy it.

Before you know it, some guy will come knocking on your door and want a relationship with you.

Keep in mind too, that not all guys are obsessed with looks. Just most. . . Wink
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 10:44 am
Don't worry, it'll happen. You're obviously appealing so be yourself. And, of course, the usual applies: good grooming, pleasant conversation, being out there where other people are, that sort of thing. Heck, I met my husband through the personals. There are a lot of ways to meet someone.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 10:50 am
Shocked Ummm.. You're 13 years old and worried about finding "Mr. Right"?????
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 04:45 pm
Tatugurl--

Humor me. Answer this question:

Why do you want a boyfriend?

Is it because the pretty and popular girls in your class have boyfriends? Or because you can't wait to get rid of your virginity? Or you want to "prove" to your parents that you're mostly grown up?

You announce that you "want to find a guy". Will a geek do? Or a jock? Or a stud muffin? Be specific.

If you aren't specific, I have to assume that you want a boyfriend as a possession--and I have to pull rank and age and remind you that people aren't possessions.

I'm assuming when you sit down and think about the problem, you want a guy that is interested in the same sorts of things that you are. (Although, make-up, clothes and suchlike aren't a big turn on for most guys.)

What are you interested in? Books? Who hangs out at the library? Computers? Is there a computer club at your school? Hiking? History? Dog Training? Find a group to indulge your interests and you may find a guy there.

At the very least you'll have a good time and you'll make yourself a more intersting person--Guy Bait!

Good luck.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 07:06 pm
fishin' was obviously never a 13-year-old girl. Wink (I spent a LOT of time worrying about finding Mr. Right. Although, I'd found him, and had a very elaborate plan to just be friends for now, then go to the same college, and after one serious relationship with someone else fall into each others' arms and live together happily ever after. Freaky thing is that it came pretty damn close to happening. Shocked)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 07:10 pm
Turner_727 wrote:
Before you know it, some guy will come knocking on your door and want a relationship with you.

Men do not come knocking on the door looking for relationships. At least it's never happened to me.

Does it happen to other people?!? Sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 07:12 pm
Sorta. At least once. (Not E.G.)

He was weird tho. Confused
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 09:48 pm
Did I miss something, how do we know tatugurl is 13?
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 11:00 pm
littlek wrote:
Turner_727 wrote:

Men do not come knocking on the door looking for relationships. At least it's never happened to me.

I've done it. . . well, not knocking on a door physically, but it ended up being the same thing.
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 11:54 pm
Last winter i had a guy throwing snowballs at my window at night trying to wake me up so he could see me. Funniest thing ever. So they may not come knocking, but watch out for snowballs!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 06:26 am
kerver wrote:
Did I miss something, how do we know tatugurl is 13?

Check her profile.

I, too, have not experienced men coming around door to door lookin' for love. They're more likely to be lookin' to sell me something, or lecture me on the delights of being a Jehovah's Witness.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 07:04 am
When I was 13, I was doing the Bar Mitzvah circuit, drinking Shirley Temples and trying to pick up women at least 5 years older than me. I was a complete asshole. Give it time, tatugurl, it will happen.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 07:18 am
tatugurl,

I'll tell you a joke to remember:

Q: Why do most men go for good-looking women rather than clever women?

A: Because most men can see better than they can think!

13 year old boys are just as insecure as 13 year old girls, too, though they will probably have different issues and ways of showing them...just chill and have fun, as advised. Nothing is more attractive in the long term than self-confidence...that's the thing to work on.

Good luck

KP
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 08:14 am
littlek wrote:

I went knocking on doors once. Every time I opened my raincaot they'd scream, slam the door in my face and the next thing ya know there are sirens in the distance...

Findin' lub ain't easy! lol
0 Replies

tatugurl03

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 02:26 pm
hey ya'll thanks for the advise although last night i went on a band trip and this guy was on there i like him ALOT and well... he said for me to screw myself!
oh well i'll keep trying oh yeah and to answer Noddy 24's question i DO NOT under any circumstances want to lose my virginity until i'm married. i just want SOMEONE TO LIKE ME FOR ONCE! (if that sounded rude sorry) but thanks for helping me it gave me a lift in my spirits that maybe i will find someone who appreciates my looks.

-Tatugurl03 Smile Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 02:31 pm
tatugurl, just to add a story to this, we have a longtime friend (a lot older now than you Laughing) who had very similar self-image problems to you. She went years and years without boyfriends. She eventually became a teacher, and struck up a friendship with a journalist from a local paper. They just hit it off. They got married, and she is now pregnant. So...you just never know. Glad you are feeling a bit better. Wink
0 Replies